Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Reviews & Recommendations


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2018, 12:05 PM   #1
blueflamegsxr
Newbie
 
blueflamegsxr's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Vancouver
Motorcycles: Gsxr 750
Name: Batman
Attack performance rearsets - brake line question

I have a 2011 GSXR 750. Is anyone running Attack performance rearsets? If so, any issues with the brake hose going from the reservoir to the m/c? Do I need a longer hose?

Any other general opinions on the AP rearsets? Any pics would be awesome to see.

Thanks
blueflamegsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:16 PM   #2
FourThreeSix
Tall Guy on a Little Bike
 
FourThreeSix's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pleasant Hill
Motorcycles: 2019 ZX-6Rrrrr
Name: Gordon
I can't speak on the mounting for the 750, however feel free to reach out to Jozef over there. Stupid knowledgeable and will be able to answer any questions you have.

I've been running their rearsets for the last 3 years, first on a 300 and now on my R6. The best option, hands down. I'm 6'3" and it's tough enough folding around the bike as it is, but the infinite amount of adjustability is a massive plus over competing products.
FourThreeSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
Enchanter
Ghost in The Machine
 
Enchanter's Avatar
 
AMA #: 2815246
BARF Admin
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2007, 2010, 2014, 2017
Contributor ++++++++++

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: SF Bay Area
Motorcycles: Attack™-ed R1 & hybrid S1000rr
Name:
I've run Attack rearsets (and other products) on more than a few motorcycles for almost 20 years now. I like them better than other brands.

They can be difficult to set-up and adjust initially, but once they are, they kick ass. I have never needed a different brake line.
__________________
A superior rider uses superior judgment to avoid situations that require superior skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataDan View Post
Be resilient. After an unpleasant surprise or close call, get your head back in the game quickly. Learn whatever lesson you can and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal03 View Post
The panties. Unbunch them.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation tends to be the right one.
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.


BARF Terms of Service
Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:18 PM   #4
blueflamegsxr
Newbie
 
blueflamegsxr's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Vancouver
Motorcycles: Gsxr 750
Name: Batman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanter View Post
I've run Attack rearsets (and other products) on more than a few motorcycles for almost 20 years now. I like them better than other brands.

They can be difficult to set-up and adjust initially, but once they are, they kick ass. I have never needed a different brake line.
Thanks for the feedback. Why difficult to set up? They seem quite straight forward and a pretty simple design.
blueflamegsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:56 PM   #5
Enchanter
Ghost in The Machine
 
Enchanter's Avatar
 
AMA #: 2815246
BARF Admin
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2007, 2010, 2014, 2017
Contributor ++++++++++

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: SF Bay Area
Motorcycles: Attack™-ed R1 & hybrid S1000rr
Name:
Example: when it comes to the shift lever, many other rearsets generally rely on the oem shift rod for adjusting the height of the lever, the Attack's (on my bikes) have that and an additional turnbuckle. They also have multiple selections for the length of throw for the shifter.

Add all of those adjustments together and then factor in the multiple locations available for peg location, and things can get a little weird.
__________________
A superior rider uses superior judgment to avoid situations that require superior skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataDan View Post
Be resilient. After an unpleasant surprise or close call, get your head back in the game quickly. Learn whatever lesson you can and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal03 View Post
The panties. Unbunch them.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation tends to be the right one.
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.


BARF Terms of Service
Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:28 AM   #6
blueflamegsxr
Newbie
 
blueflamegsxr's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Vancouver
Motorcycles: Gsxr 750
Name: Batman
Ok thanks, maybe a bit of work but sounds like a good thing in the end
blueflamegsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:09 PM   #7
blueflamegsxr
Newbie
 
blueflamegsxr's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Vancouver
Motorcycles: Gsxr 750
Name: Batman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanter View Post
Example: when it comes to the shift lever, many other rearsets generally rely on the oem shift rod for adjusting the height of the lever, the Attack's (on my bikes) have that and an additional turnbuckle. They also have multiple selections for the length of throw for the shifter.

Add all of those adjustments together and then factor in the multiple locations available for peg location, and things can get a little weird.
Hey one more question (ok, 2)

Did you need a new shift rod or used stock?
Did you end up getting an aftermarket rear brake lever spring to ensure the pedal snaps back and there is no brake drag?

The rearsets have arrived; just gotta pick em up and get the mounted. Thought I would see if I need anything else before I get started

Thanks
blueflamegsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:43 AM   #8
Enchanter
Ghost in The Machine
 
Enchanter's Avatar
 
AMA #: 2815246
BARF Admin
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2007, 2010, 2014, 2017
Contributor ++++++++++

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: SF Bay Area
Motorcycles: Attack™-ed R1 & hybrid S1000rr
Name:
I used the stock shift rod on all the bikes, and did not need a spring for the brake lever. I have seen other people use an additional spring though.
__________________
A superior rider uses superior judgment to avoid situations that require superior skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataDan View Post
Be resilient. After an unpleasant surprise or close call, get your head back in the game quickly. Learn whatever lesson you can and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal03 View Post
The panties. Unbunch them.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation tends to be the right one.
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.


BARF Terms of Service
Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:48 AM   #9
blueflamegsxr
Newbie
 
blueflamegsxr's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Vancouver
Motorcycles: Gsxr 750
Name: Batman
Thank you!
blueflamegsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.