Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Old 02-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #31
kxmike
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2018 KTM350xc-f, 2017 r6, 2017 KTMrc390, 06 drz sm, two first gen r6's
Name: mike
Jeez...they were just a couple kids out having fun. They looked like good kids too. I would have had a talk with them then probably raced them back down the mtn. So many up tight people in the world today
Old 02-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #32
thedub
Octane Socks

AMA #: 2952025

Motorcycles: R6, KTM 300, Tiger 800, KTM 500
Name: Wiles
The amount of conjecture, speculation, assumption, etc going on in this thread, all based on the small amount of information we have in the OP, is staggering.
AFM #77
Thanks for the support;
Sidi|Motion Pro|C@TT|Vortex|Shoei
thedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:39 PM   #33
bpw
Veteran

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: Monster 800, BMW r60/2, R100GS, 1935 BSA 250, WR250R. trail 90
Name: Ben
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
The amount of conjecture, speculation, assumption, etc going on in this thread, all based on the small amount of information we have in the OP, is staggering.
I feel like we just distilled everything wrong with the internet into one thread....
bpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:41 PM   #34
vizcarmb
Veteran

Motorcycles: Your Mom
Name:
Well pressing charges is harsh. Im sure the cops will give them a stearn talking

Last edited by vizcarmb; 02-13-2019 at 01:44 PM..
vizcarmb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:44 PM   #35
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390, ST1100 and couple more...
Name: CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
Mind your bizness Britney!

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:45 PM   #36
Five Apples

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 07 R1, 85 GPZ900R, 99 SV650 (track)
Name: Bieff
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizcarmb View Post
Well pressing charges is harsh. Im sure the cops will give them a stearn talking
Officers don't decide whether or not charges are filed - that's up to the DA.
295566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:17 PM   #37
Joseppi
no longer bikeless.

AMA #: 2749653

Motorcycles: 2003 kx 250 2 stroke,1997 cr 500
Name: Lou
with all of the more serious shit happening in this state, I can't see the law being too harsh on them,
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.John 3:16
Joseppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:28 PM   #38
ilikefood
Veteran

Motorcycles: Suzuki DR-Z400SM, Ducati ST4
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxmike View Post
Jeez...they were just a couple kids out having fun. They looked like good kids too. I would have had a talk with them then probably raced them back down the mtn. So many up tight people in the world today
And you say they “looked like good kids” based on... what exactly?

They were out having fun where they weren’t supposed to and endangering others. They should experience the consequences of their actions.
ilikefood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:41 PM   #39
byke
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: gas
Name: penorface
If it were me, just hitting some dude on a bicycle and hurting him and having him go berzerk would have been enough to get the point across and make me remember it forever. If the kids were lippy as fk, then I'm down with the cyclist seeing things through.

When I was thirteen or so, I threw a bottle like a little douchebag in a cul-de-sac at an apartment complex and some crazy angry guy comes rage stomping out of his apartment and grabs me by the back of the next and yanks me inside and sets a broom and dustpan next to the telephone and told me to choose. I chose the broom and dustpan and shame-swept all the broken glass. Scary at the time, but I like that guy in hindsight.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:56 PM   #40
gixxerjeff
I hate quads

Motorcycles: Some fast ones and some dirty ones.
Name: Derp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Kevin View Post
I'm amused people are trying to defend the riders.

You shouldn't have a dirt bike if you can't use it responsibly.
I don't disagree with you at all.
My issue is with the overkill of his response.
There's a lot of room between what he did and what he could have done, that's all.

Time may be an excellent teacher but it kills all of it's students.

Rich Cox
Nicky
I miss you Rich.
gixxerjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:12 PM   #41
mean dad
Sweet Like Candy

AMA #575843
Contributor ++++++++++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Mike's YSR, if Trump helps.
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandF4i View Post
Its conjecture on all our parts as we dont know what was going through the head of the mtn biker. That said, based on my experience on multi use trails where mtn bikers and dirt bikers inter act on a regular basis and such collisions are very rare, its what I believe in my opinion to be the most logical explanation of what happened.

Collisions like that just dont randomly happen. Even if the kids were going full tilt boogie without regard to others, I find if very hard to believe there was no action the mtn biker could have taken to avoid a collision or that he/she was surprised by their presence therefore took no action. Just not believable in my experience on multi use trails.

And yes I understand its not a multi use trail and that the kids shouldnt have been riding there. Its not victim blaming. Either a little common sense with a sprinkle of self preservation was ignored by the mtn biker, or he put himself in the way to stop the riders.

Could it be that the bicyclist avoided possible death or at least serious injury/broken ribs/punctured lung and instead managed to escape relatively unharmed?
Why do you presuppose that he didn't attempt to get out of the way?
Why is the level of his injuries the (apparent) limit of damage that can be inflicted on an unprotected body by a metal object with hard edges traveling at forty miles per hour?

Fuck around and find out.
mean dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #42
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390, ST1100 and couple more...
Name: CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mean dad View Post

Could it be that the bicyclist avoided possible death or at least serious injury/broken ribs/punctured lung and instead managed to escape relatively unharmed?
Why do you presuppose that he didn't attempt to get out of the way?
Why is the level of his injuries the (apparent) limit of damage that can be inflicted on an unprotected body by a metal object with hard edges traveling at forty miles per hour?

Hope you are taking this with a grain of salt, not trolling you. This could be a three jager discussion

How do I presuppose this? Because there was a collision. If it was a blind corner and he had moved or stood off the trail to the inside of the corner, it would have been impossible (ok nearly) for a collision to have taken place.

I ridden decades and thousands of hours on tight TWO WAY single tack trails and successfully avoided having collisions with others in the opposite direction. Luck? Dont think so. Called common sense

He admits he knew bikes were up there when he was following their tracks. Unless he was also deaf or has a learning disability that doesn't allow for even the most rudimentary ability to judge distance and speed, it would be hard NOT to avoid others on the trail.

God forbid it was some mtn biker ripping down the trail that makes even LESS noise than a couple of two stroke dirt bikes. BRRRRRRAAAAP

So if he cant avoid collision with some LOUD two strokes and is surprised by their presence, how are we to believe he avoids quiet mtn bikers?

Mtn Bikers can rip at speeds equaling dirtbikes, especially down hill.

Coincidence? I dont think so. Hence my opinion that he either instigated a confrontation or made some silly spandex clad hold his ground decision on the trail.

Just my opinion.

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy

Last edited by OaklandF4i; 02-13-2019 at 03:45 PM..
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #43
kxmike
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2018 KTM350xc-f, 2017 r6, 2017 KTMrc390, 06 drz sm, two first gen r6's
Name: mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikefood View Post
And you say they “looked like good kids” based on... what exactly?

They were out having fun where they weren’t supposed to and endangering others. They should experience the consequences of their actions.
They "looked" like good kids because they were wearing proper gear, their bikes looked well maintained and they friggin walked their bikes for the guy! I know plenty of punks that would have told the guy to fuck off then roosted mud in his face.
As far as them endangering people...who's to say they were going any faster than someone on a mountain bike?...I would have been bombing down that trail on my downhill bike faster than the average dirtbiker.
They DID experience the consequences of their actions when the guy dealt with them and likely won't go there again. Getting the police involved and possible felony charges is unnecessary overkill for the situation.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:37 PM   #44
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman
They sure do look like kids.

They probably will get in more trouble than riding on sidewalks in SF.
Bummer they may have to face that.

If it floats the MTB's boat to nail 'em (which it looks like) then so be it.

No props from me though..
Racism and RIP threads on Barf - FYI
Barf is more than a dub dub dub dealio
Group Rides-The info you need to know
Godspeed Mom
Godspeed Pit Ho
Godspeed Nicky #69
AMA #: 203453
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:06 PM   #45
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: ‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM503 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406
Name: Butch
This is quite telling, in that all trail users need to pay attention, and share.

We are all equal. The horses are kinda a bit destructive tho.

Wow.

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote