Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > Covid - 19, What We Know

Notices

Old 07-31-2021, 04:14 PM   #106
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
BARFie Winner 2021
Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys 1000LT, Work: BMW R1250RT-P Prior: Honda 600RR Graffiti, Kawi 650R
Name: D
New poster from the CDC...really helpful info.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	226952087_10220332102236172_3043441702327321670_n.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	545187  

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 06:58 PM   #107
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
Old 07-31-2021, 07:30 PM   #108
berth
Veteran

Motorcycles: BB F750-GS
Name:

This is up there wit the "you never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist office" in terms of healthcare news.
#69 #45 NP
berth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:53 AM   #109
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor+++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++3%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
UPDATES
Marin County COVID-19 Status Update

Bay Area Health Officials Urge Immediate Vaccination and Issue Orders Requiring Use of Face Coverings Indoors to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19

Counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Sonoma, and the City of Berkeley Indoor Masking Orders Take Effect Tuesday

SAN RAFAEL, CA – Vaccination continues to protect against severe COVID-19 illness, but with the COVID-19 Delta variant now infecting a small percentage of vaccinated people as well as many unvaccinated people, eight Bay Area health officers have issued Health Orders requiring masks indoors in public places. The Orders require all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, to wear face coverings when indoors in public settings, with limited exceptions, starting at 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, August 3rd.

Vaccines remain the most powerful tool in the fight against COVID-19, including the Delta variant. Nonetheless, the Delta variant is infecting a small percentage of the vaccinated in the Bay Area — who still remain strongly protected against severe illness, hospitalization, and death. In those instances of infection in a vaccinated person, a face covering prevents further spread. Bay Area health officials urge all unvaccinated residents 12 and older to get vaccinated as soon as possible.

These Health Orders aim to reduce community transmission of COVID-19 and protect everyone. Health officials are very concerned by the substantial levels of community transmission now found across the Bay Area, especially among unvaccinated people. In part, this is due to the widespread COVID-19 Delta variant, which is substantially more transmissible than previous forms of the virus. Recent information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also indicates that even fully vaccinated individuals can in some cases spread the Delta variant to others, and so indoor use of face coverings provides an important added layer of protection.

“While most COVID-19 exposures in Marin County are due to household transmission and gatherings in non-public indoor settings with unvaccinated persons, we’ve also seen a significant increase of clusters of COVID-19 cases, among both vaccinated and unvaccinated persons, in public settings including outdoor and indoor events and performances where masks were not worn by vaccinated persons,” said Dr. Lisa Santora, Marin County’s Deputy Public Health Officer.

The new Health Orders require wearing a well-fitting mask indoors in public settings. Indoor settings, whether public or private, are higher risk for COVID-19 transmission, especially when you are with people you do not live with. Health officials also recommend that all employers make face coverings available to individuals entering their businesses, and businesses are required to implement the indoor face covering order.

“Masking and vaccinations are the most important tools we have to end the pandemic,” added Santora. “The vaccine is safe, effective, free and widely available. We encourage all residents to do their part in wearing their masks to keep themselves, their families and their community safe. This is a short term, evidenced-based strategy to help keep our businesses open and support a safe reopening of schools.”

Today’s Health Orders are consistent with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the California Department of Public Health, which recommend that fully vaccinated individuals wear masks while in indoor public settings. Bay Area Health Officers will continue to monitor data, including increasing vaccination throughout the region, to determine when the Orders can be adjusted or lifted.

The public can continue to monitor Marin County’s COVID-19 case rates and vaccination progress by visiting Coronavirus.MarinHHS.org. A current listing of Marin County vaccination sites can be found online: GetVaccinatedMarin.org. Businesses can access new mask requirement signs in English, Spanish, Bilingual and other formats on Marin Health and Human Services’ COVID-19 Communication Toolkit.
Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoyf View Post
DMV test is not there to teach or prove you can ride the bike, it is there to prove that you can control the bike.
HOHO
Melissa"everyone does have issues, it is what makes us all so very interesting. Psychoanalysis however could be left to the professionals."

Last edited by ThumperX; 08-02-2021 at 12:15 PM..
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 01:00 PM   #110
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
At least our governor hasn't issued an executive order that prohibits mask mandates, which IMHO is the absolute height of Stupidity and treads well into criminal territory.

Graph and Table I built for seeing state Covid19 data:
Covid19 Visualization graph and table. **NOTE** Using John Hopkins data data, shows State, Country & County data.

If you wonder how the Nazi's could take over Germany, we are seeing it now in our own country driven by propaganda and lies.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:52 AM   #111
cheez
Master Of The Darkside

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: I'm not picky.
Name: Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
New poster from the CDC...really helpful info.

Only improvement I can suggest is that the motorcyclist needs to be wheelie-ing away from the cougher while giving the finger.
2017 Harley FXDB Dyna Street Bob (//SVART//)
2000 Suzuki DR650 (Dr. Bike)
2004 Yamaha FJR1300AC (The Pensive Parrot)
2004 Suzuki Burgman 650 (Ingrid Burgman)
2003 Honda VTX1800R (Punkin II- riding the darkside)
IBA # 57764 || Patriot Guard Rider || FCC: N0CHZ
cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 11:26 AM   #112
vaara
Veteran

1 Rider Contributor

Motorcycles: 2018 V-Strom 650
Name:
Between the wildfires north and east of us, and the fact that every county from Mendocino northwards is running out - or has run out - of ICU space, California has suddenly gotten quite small, at least as far as long-distance riding is concerned.

(I think it's unwise to ride in areas where there is little to no availability of emergency medical treatment. This is why it took me 4 months to put the first 500 miles on the motorcycle I bought in February 2020.)

Last edited by vaara; 08-31-2021 at 02:18 PM..
vaara is offline   Reply With Quote