BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Sponsors > The Suspension Forum Presented by GP Suspension

Notices

Old 07-27-2021, 10:36 AM   #1
The Iz
Love Two Wheels!

Motorcycles: Current: 21 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT 13 Yamaha R1 Past: 18 Ducati Supersport S 97 Honda VFR
Name:
Need your help to find an obscure suspension part for my 2013 Yamaha R1

Hi Gang!

I recently purchased a used 2013 Yamaha R1. I love it! I have her in the shop getting a once-over and forks serviced. The techs at the shop noticed that the prior mechanic forgot to install a specific part (valve) when servicing the forks. Usually not a problem...unless Covid has slowed down the production of parts at the factory...

It's a $3 item - need two - a total of $6 is halting the rebuild of the forks...I have attached a screenshot of the part fiche, part number, and cost for your reference.

I have searched the online parts database for new ones and there is only one available in the US. I have ordered it. There is nothing at the factory and I have to wait months!

I was wondering if any of you have a destroyed set of forks for the 2009 to 2014 Yamaha R1 which I could tear apart and get these items? HELP!!

Thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Suspension Component Needed.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	545116  
The Iz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:00 PM   #2
TWF
training hard

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: sv's
Name:
It is rebound adjuster needle. I have bunch of different ones but don't know by specific bike.
If you cant find one send me the one you ordered and I will make you another one just like it.
TWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:44 PM   #3
The Iz
Love Two Wheels!

Motorcycles: Current: 21 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT 13 Yamaha R1 Past: 18 Ducati Supersport S 97 Honda VFR
Name:
WOW!! Thank you so much for the offer, TWF!! I sincerely appreciate it!! I will PM you now to discuss details.
The Iz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forks , help me