Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Rider’s Rights. Presented by Cycle Gear > Land Use/OHV Parks

Old 08-01-2016, 07:05 AM   #31
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: ‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM503 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406
Name: Butch
Clear Creek Moves Forward

Clear Creek Recreation Area
Clear Creek Recreation Area, BLM California

Legislation that would restore OHV riding in the Clear Creek area in San Benito and Fresno Counties in California, H.R. 1838, authored by Rep. Sam Farr (D-CA), was approved by the House of Representatives on July 5, 2016. This important legislative milestone has been a long time in the making and something on which ARRA has worked closely with the Farr office. The measure now goes to the Senate for action. We have already begun to work on the Senate side in hopes that similar action can be taken before the conclusion of this session of Congress. This is a priority of ours and we will keep you posted as developments occur.

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:43 PM   #32
louemc
Veteran

Motorcycles: 05 Kawi ZX10R
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Clear Creek Recreation Area
Clear Creek Recreation Area, BLM California

Legislation that would restore OHV riding in the Clear Creek area in San Benito and Fresno Counties in California, H.R. 1838, authored by Rep. Sam Farr (D-CA), was approved by the House of Representatives on July 5, 2016. This important legislative milestone has been a long time in the making and something on which ARRA has worked closely with the Farr office. The measure now goes to the Senate for action. We have already begun to work on the Senate side in hopes that similar action can be taken before the conclusion of this session of Congress. This is a priority of ours and we will keep you posted as developments occur.
Clear Creek is the Supreme Dirt riding.

The other parks have Groomed trails Dirt riding to have ALL the value it can have...
Has to be Raw, as is how it came.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:31 PM   #33
DefyInertia
Original Saratogian

BARF SFMTA Volunteer

Motorcycles: FTW
Name: Nate
Thanks for the update. Love the creek.
DefyInertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:37 PM   #34
Butch
poseur

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor +++

Motorcycles: ‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM503 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406
Please join ARRA. http://www.arra-access.com
Free. And they are shit together.

Terms of Service:

Old 10-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #35
Butch
poseur

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor +++

update in first post. I think that unless we each contact our representatives we are screwed.

http://www.arra-access.com/newslette...-october-2016/

Terms of Service:

Last edited by Butch; 10-02-2016 at 09:34 AM..
Old 03-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #36
Butch
poseur

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor +++

I am reviving this, as the Trump dust is beginning to settle; to Zoe Lofgren, Congress:

Subject: Town Hall Sunday and H.R. 1838. Clear Creek National Recreation Area
Date: March 10, 2017 at 9:54:24 AM PST
To: Soto Sandra <sandra.soto@mail.house.gov>

I was thinking Sunday’s meeting with the Congresswoman is not really the venue for my issue, so I will not be attending, contrary to my previous RSVP. I am sympathetic to the turmoil the Trump presidency has created that you guys have to deal with.

Still, the business of government must go on, and the wheels turn slowly, so I expect you all to take care of business. I suppose you are.
Still, I think Congress has been unresponsive in our local issue.

Old news, but still true:
10/2/2016 From ARRA
H.R. 1838. Clear Creek National Recreation Area and Conservation Act
As we reported previously, the House of Representatives passed the Clear Creek legislation in July and the measure was sent to the Senate. The committee of jurisdiction, Senate Energy and Natural Resources, received the bill and held a hearing on the measure on September 22nd. This hearing was a key hurdle we needed to overcome in order to move the legislation forward to the full Senate. We are literally running out of time. To get this bill across the finish line, it has to be done during the Lame Duck session. The Director of the Bureau of Land Management did testify at the hearing and the Obama Administration has officially come out against the recreation portion of the bill, the very section we care about! The Director testified that while BLM supports the proposed Wilderness designation in the bill, it cannot support provisions that could increase the exposure of public lands users and employees to naturally occurring asbestos. This despite an independent risk assessment study commissioned by the California Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation that concluded management and operational strategies could be effectively employed in the area to allow OHV use without exposing the public to unacceptable risks.

Again, this closure is a complete fraud and disservice to many Americans, and a burden to local communities. I still wonder who the closure served, as I know nothing is random. The closure was inspired by some level of corruption.

Can yyou tell me the future of this subject bill?

One of the sad things about this is the disillusionment it create in young people. I think it leads some to believe the government is serving some special interest, ignores them, and they must break the rules. I try to inspire other to do the right thing, especially young folks (the future) but it is difficult when our leaders set a poor example. Millions of dollars have been spent on this process, seeming with a predetermined fate.

Perhaps the new administration will be good for our sport.
I will call.

Terms of Service:

Old 03-13-2017, 09:06 AM   #37
WFO
When in doubt, gas it!

Motorcycles: '12 Ducati Multi, '10 KTM 690 Enduro R, '10 Husaberg FE570, '04 WR450
Name: Gerhard
I look forward to seeing the response. Last time I wrote a letter to Zoe Lofgren, the response I got was since I wasn't part of her constituency, she couldn't do anything for me.
WFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:12 AM   #38
Butch
poseur

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor +++

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO View Post
I look forward to seeing the response. Last time I wrote a letter to Zoe Lofgren, the response I got was since I wasn't part of her constituency, she couldn't do anything for me.
Please write to your congressperson. We need to bring this to the attention of all of the members of congress in the western states.

There is a linky to find your congressperson somewhere here, and at the AMA site, and CORVA, and ARRA...

Terms of Service:

Old 03-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #39
WFO
When in doubt, gas it!

Motorcycles: '12 Ducati Multi, '10 KTM 690 Enduro R, '10 Husaberg FE570, '04 WR450
Name: Gerhard
Or we could just ride our bikes at Clear Creek and not worry about the consequences. Many do with relative impunity.
WFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:55 AM   #40
Butch
poseur

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor +++

CCRA H.R. 1913 Re Re Introduced

April 5, 2017 Press Release
WASHINGTON – Today, California Reps. Jimmy Panetta (CA-20), David G. Valadao (CA-21), Jeff Denham (CA-10), and Paul Cook (CA-08) introduced H.R. 1913, the Clear Creek National Recreation Area and Conservation Act. This bill directs the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to reopen the 63,000-acre Clear Creek Management Area in San Benito and Fresno counties for use by off-road vehicles. The legislation would also protect 21,000 acres of BLM land adjacent to Clear Creek by designating the area the Joaquin Rocks Wilderness.

“As a Californian on the Natural Resources Committee, it is important to me to protect and preserve California’s public lands for future generations. This bipartisan bill not only bolsters our area’s conservation efforts, it also promotes recreation and tourism in our region,” said Congressman Panetta. “When this bill passes, locals and visitors will no longer be restricted from enjoying all that Clear Creek Management Area has to offer.”

“Californians have been enjoying the natural beauty of Clear Creek for decades. This legislation is a common-sense solution which not only reopens the land for off highway vehicle use but also directs additional land to be preserved for future generations,” said Congressman Valadao. “I am excited to reintroduce this bipartisan legislation with my colleagues and look forward to reopening the Clear Creek Management Area for our constituents and the entire state to enjoy once again.”

A similar bill, H.R. 1838, to reopen the Clear Creek Management Area for recreational use was introduced in 2015 by Congressman Sam Farr. Once considered a premier off-road vehicle recreation site, Clear Creek was temporarily closed in 2008 to the public after an Environmental Protection Agency analysis about the risk created by naturally occurring asbestos. The bill instructs the BLM to develop a rigorous plan to minimize the risk from asbestos exposure and educate visitors about the naturally occurring asbestos. The BLM would also be required to find ways to reduce the impact of off-road vehicles to protect the area’s habitat.

Terms of Service:

Old 04-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #41
Brewster

Motorcycles: KLX300
Name:
The text of H.R.1913 has finally been posted:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...bill/1913/text

Ride on
Brewster
CORVA
Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:30 PM   #42
Butch
poseur

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor +++

Thanks Bruce. Happy Easter!
I will contact Zoe Lofgren's office tomorrow.

Terms of Service:

Old 04-17-2017, 04:28 PM   #43
Butch
poseur

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor +++

Lofgren's Chief of staff Soto has been very helpful today.

Then I found this:

Panetta Introduces Clear Creek National Recreation Area and Conservation Act

April 5, 2017 Press Release
WASHINGTON – Today, California Reps. Jimmy Panetta (CA-20), David G. Valadao (CA-21), Jeff Denham (CA-10), and Paul Cook (CA-08) introduced H.R. 1913, the Clear Creek National Recreation Area and Conservation Act. This bill directs the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to reopen the 63,000-acre Clear Creek Management Area in San Benito and Fresno counties for use by off-road vehicles. The legislation would also protect 21,000 acres of BLM land adjacent to Clear Creek by designating the area the Joaquin Rocks Wilderness.

You guys should all subscribe to Panetta's site.
https://panetta.house.gov/issues/environment

Terms of Service:

Old 05-14-2017, 10:01 PM   #44
Butch
poseur

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor +++

Don Amador stuff

Recognize this?
And then there's this... https://panetta.house.gov/media/pres...nservation-act
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	494651  

Terms of Service: