Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Rider’s Rights. Presented by Cycle Gear > Land Use/OHV Parks

Old 03-15-2017, 12:38 PM   #16
Brewster

Motorcycles: KLX300
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch96 View Post
Sounds silly, but holding a donation box for this exact issue at the front gate of Carnegie would be suggested. People that ride Carnegie will support Carnegie. We can also raise the cost of park day fess from $5 to $10. I wouldn't mind the price increase if it means I can ride. An extra $5 to fight for something that we all love to do I am sure wont hurt. Definitely fundraising will be a extra effort to keep our parks. Is this issue present at our other SVRA's as well? Hollister Hills, Prarie City, even as far as Oceano Dunes, etc.?
Good, someone presenting fresh ideas!! A donation box could work. Park fee increase won't work. The extra money could not be used specifically for legal fees and the SVRA already has the state Attorney General defending the SVRA......at least some of our state tax money working for us!
Both Oceano Dunes and Ocotillo Wells SVRAs have law suits in the works.

Ride on
Brewster
CORVA
Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #17
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: ‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM503 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406
Name: Butch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch96 View Post
Sounds silly, but holding a donation box for this exact issue at the front gate of Carnegie would be suggested. People that ride Carnegie will support Carnegie. We can also raise the cost of park day fess from $5 to $10. I wouldn't mind the price increase if it means I can ride. An extra $5 to fight for something that we all love to do I am sure wont hurt. Definitely fundraising will be a extra effort to keep our parks. Is this issue present at our other SVRA's as well? Hollister Hills, Prarie City, even as far as Oceano Dunes, etc.?
yeah, but... there are all sorts of silly rules. I gotta look at what "Friends of Oceano Dunes" are up to. Any you you guys members?

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #18
Mitch96
Ride on!

Motorcycles: CBR600RR, CRF250r
Name:
Makes complete sense. Money goes to state and then "gets lost" and put some where else. Great. Whats new? all the pot holes on the roads ahaha and mud slides everywhere. Well if a donation box was present at both Carnegie and Hollister, id make sure to leave what I can every time I ride (which i wis was more). But hopefully the small dollars can add up into some kind of impact. Riding dirt bikes is cheap. We can probably all spare a few extra bucks.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #19
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: ‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM503 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406
Name: Butch
interesting Update

http://m.independentnews.com/environ....html?mode=jqm
Parks Department Rejects Offer to Buy Off-Road Expansion Area

Posted 11 hours ago

The California State Parks Department has rejected a request from the Altamont Landfill Open Space Committee (ALOSC) for the department to explore the option of selling a portion of the Carnegie State Vehicular Recreation Area.

The committee sent a letter to California Department of Parks and Recreation to make the department aware that there are funds available to purchase property in the area. The letter stated, "There is approximately $12 million available in the Open Space Fund to acquire open space land in East Alameda County."

A letter in response to the suggestion was sent to Supervisor Scott Haggerty. It notes that the Tesla area does not meet the statutory criteria to be considered surplus property. Circumstances under which a state agency may request divestiture of state surplus property include the following:

1) Land not currently being utilized, or currently being under utilized, by the state agency for any existing or ongoing state program.

2) Land for which the state agency has not identified any specific utilization relative to future programmatic needs.

3) Land not identified by a state agency within its master plans for facility development.

The proposed expansion, from the existing Carnegie State Vehicular Recreation Park into the Tesla site immediately to the west, has been a dream of off-road enthusiasts since the State began acquiring the Tesla property at their urging nearly two decades ago.

Both sites are owned by the State. Carnegie now has 1,575 acres for off-highway motor sports; expansion into Tesla would add 3,100 acres more. This past fall, both the General Plan and Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for Carnegie SVRA were approved. The documents identify the current and proposed uses of Carnegie SVRA, as a unit of the State Park System.

The letter from the Parks Department stated, the General Plan and EIR are not the final planning documents for the park. There will be additional opportunities for public comment as the Department complies with the CEQA process to develop road and trail plans for this property. In addition, the Department will be developing project specific planning documents, which will also provide opportunities for public comment.

The letter signed by Lisa Ann Mangat, director of the department concludes, "The Department, as the steward of resources within the State Park System, will adhere to all state and federal laws and regulations for the development and management of this property."

Lawsuits filed by environmental groups and Friends of Tesla note that Tesla is habitat for rare and endangered plants and animals, as well as a key corridor for migratory animals. They point to a rich historical legacy first as a ceremonial site for early Native Americans and later as the location of the 19th Century coal mining town that gave Tesla its modern name.

The suits claim that the Environmental Impact Report approved by the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division failed to live up to provisions of California’s Environmental Quality Act in that it did not recognize these issues or take note of the damage that would be done by spinning tires, air and noise pollution and oil and gasoline leaks.

The lawsuits are still in the works.

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote