Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Old 02-17-2019, 08:47 PM   #181
thedub
Octane Socks

AMA #: 2952025

Motorcycles: R6, KTM 300, Tiger 800, KTM 500
Name: Wiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanzy View Post
Okay. I think I understand the contrary approach some folks took in this thread.

And that is, folks are assuming that the dirt bikers were on their side of the uphill lane in that blind corner.

So if that is what happened, that the lead dirt biker took the turn tight and fast, and caused Banned Wagon to ride into him, then if Banned Wagon had been bombing around a blind corner, his injuries would have been far more significant than a torn rotator cuff and a broken finger.

At least that's my speculation.
I don't think anyone is assuming that. Single track doesn't have 'lanes'.
AFM #77
Thanks for the support;
Sidi|Motion Pro|C@TT|Vortex|Shoei
thedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:51 PM   #182
Beanzy

Motorcycles: Looking
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
I don't think anyone is assuming that. Single track doesn't have 'lanes'.
Gotcha. I was strictly a road cyclist in my time.

Still if Banned Wagon was going going in excess of 16 mph, wouldn't the impact have caused more damage to him?
Beanzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:44 PM   #183
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390, ST1100 and couple more...
Name: CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned Wagon View Post
There are no lines on this trail it is roughly 2 feet wide if that in the sections there is no inside or outside line it is a foot half roughly 12 inches wide with the bushes cut back maybe 24 total. This trail unlike the two way traffic trails in parks for motorcycles is way too tight for Motorized high speed bidirectional traffic.
That's incorrect Banned Wagon. We (motorcycles) DO ride single track as narrow as that, two way, and without hitting each other or other trail users legally in many places.

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:00 PM   #184
Joseppi
no longer bikeless.

AMA #: 2749653

Motorcycles: 2003 kx 250 2 stroke,1997 cr 500
Name: Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandF4i View Post
That's incorrect Banned Wagon. We (motorcycles) DO ride single track as narrow as that, two way, and without hitting each other or other trail users legally in many places.
carnegie for example,
ďFor God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.John 3:16
Joseppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:01 PM   #185
Banned Wagon

Motorcycles: zero
Name:
I’ve never seen anything this tight with sightlines this short at Downieville ,Carnegie or cow mountain or any other places that I’ve ridden with bidirectional single track and yes I do ride Moto. But I do not like bydirectional singletrack I’ve seen too many accidents and Close calls and don’t ride those places anymore they are chaos
Banned Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:25 PM   #186
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390, ST1100 and couple more...
Quote:
Iíve never seen anything this tight with sightlines this short at Downieville ,Carnegie or cow mountain or any other places that Iíve ridden with bidirectional single track and yes I do ride Moto. But I do not like bydirectional singletrack Iíve seen too many accidents and Close calls and donít ride those places anymore they are chaos
Please do me a favor, refrain from making statements like this. They are factually inaccurate.

Trails like that do exist and they are not chaos. The vast majority of their users know how to use them safely and share with others.

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

Old 02-17-2019, 11:42 PM   #187
Banned Wagon

Motorcycles: zero
Name:
Not sure how to say this politely so I wonít. No, I will say what I feel and what I think and I do know for a fact they exist and they are chaos and thatís why I donít ride there.
Banned Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:43 AM   #188
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Quote:
Not sure how to say this politely so I wonít. No, I will say what I feel and what I think and I do know for a fact they exist and they are chaos and thatís why I donít ride there.
Do they exist or dont they? The first post I corrected, you claim they didnt (all of us regular users know they do.) Now you say they do, but are chaos. The overwhelming majority of the users on these trails dont agree with you and have no problem safely sharing them, with ANYbody.

So like your collision, perhaps the issue is you and your trail skills or riding habits. You want to blame somebody else for your crash, I've got nothing more to say about it.

But your characterization of the trails is bullshit. You REALLY want acceptance and understanding from the dirtbike community and approach it this way?

Old 02-18-2019, 06:50 AM   #189
m0t0_ryder
RYD!

Contributor +

Motorcycles: Big to small. I like 'em all. 950ADVS-450EXC-R100GS-TW200-YW50P-XR600-Z1-ST90-model165Hummer
Name: John
Quote:
Well you learn something new every day.
I am done playing semantics and speculation with y’all, if you have anymore questions please address this if not I feel I have explained myself in the situation in a rational and logical manner feel free to make your judgments as you already have.

Peace out

Banned Wagon
I believe you have fairly and honestly explained what happened.
I know the kids are at fault.
They should be covering your damages, physical and mechanical.
Whether through insurance, parents or court order. Good Luck.

I agree with the finale of the debate and say let's move on.
I would like to hear the outcome in a few months when this has all washed out.
Enjoy your riding, be it pedal or throttle.
Be safe and ride aware.

Last edited by m0t0_ryder; 02-18-2019 at 06:53 AM..
m0t0_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:05 AM   #190
MysterYvil
On a break

AMA #: 2858947
Contributor ++++++++++

Motorcycles: Alas, they are all in the past
Name:
Quote:
Do they exist or dont they? The first post I corrected, you claim they didnt (all of us regular users know they do.) Now you say they do, but are chaos. The overwhelming majority of the users on these trails dont agree with you and have no problem safely sharing them, with ANYbody.

So like your collision, perhaps the issue is you and your trail skills or riding habits. You want to blame somebody else for your crash, I've got nothing more to say about it.

But your characterization of the trails is bullshit. You REALLY want acceptance and understanding from the dirtbike community and approach it this way?
You know the overwhelming majority of trail users? I'm impressed!
MysterYvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:14 PM   #191
anytwowilldo
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: XR-400 (plated), RM-250, R1150RT
Name: Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Ok, so I have not read everything.

Still, i think we need to discuss this at Pedro Point Brewery. CJ is the moderator.
This thread does deliver!
Old 02-18-2019, 09:15 PM   #192
Joseppi
no longer bikeless.

AMA #: 2749653

Motorcycles: 2003 kx 250 2 stroke,1997 cr 500
Name: Lou
I don't feel like the narrowest of the single track at Carnegie or anywhere els is chaotic, i have ridden quite a bit of it at Carnegie and I have to say, that the majority of people that I have encountered coming in the opposite direction have shared the same sentiment as far as etiquette goes, they always seem to alert and ready for anything coming the opposite way, op,if it does cause you to feel that way than kudos to you for making the choice you have, for the rest that are busting his balls, seriously,cut the man some slack,
ďFor God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.John 3:16
Joseppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:20 AM   #193
redtail
only ones and zeroes

Contributor + +

Motorcycles: <LIFE><! Ride until..></LIFE>
Name: Jon
Quote:
We (motorcycles) DO ride single track as narrow as that, two way, and without hitting each other or other trail users legally in many places.
Agreed. I've ridden dirt bike since I was 15 (now 63) and have passed oncoming riders without incident at OHV areas all over California. Usually little to no drama.

The only exception I can think of is when a quad decides they want to blaze a single track. (friend of a friend story)
redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:37 PM   #194
/dev/null
taking a wrong turn

Motorcycles: SV650R, DRZ400SM, Ninja 250(Sold)
Name:
I hope all parties involved were doing 5 mph. 36CFR7.97C.2.ii establishes the speed limit on blind curves and passing other users as 5 mph in GGNRA. That's not single track.
/dev/null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:01 AM   #195
mean dad
Sweet Like Candy

AMA #575843
Contributor ++++++++++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Mike's YSR, if Trump helps.
Name:
Can I just state how much I love BARF? We have some motherfuckin magic people that know what happened miles and miles away from them, know how fast people go without ever being around them, and know for a fact how everyone rides motorcycles and bicycles...not to mention knowing the exact emotional state of someone they've never fucking met.

Color me impressed. Goin waaaaaaaay outta your way to make sure the motorcyclists aren't the bad guys here, and the stupid bicyclist is vilified.

Fuck around and find out.
mean dad is offline   Reply With Quote