BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > LEO Forum

Old 05-28-2019, 06:05 PM   #16
vio
Cream Puff???

Motorcycles: one
Name: Violet
And the top portion has your name address and in the to middle "Reminder Notice" written on it.

Now I just have to go to the dmv site to pick out a online traffic school and sign up.

I'm curious though... the due date for this payment to be sent in is 7/15. On my yellow ticket .. it says to appear in court before 6/24. I don't understand the whole "THE DUE DATE ON YOUR TICKET IS NOT A DATE TO APPEAR BEFORE A JUDGE" Ö it's the greyed out line. I thought going to court meant just that... that you go before a judge... oh well... it's figured out and this is just another thing that can go away... I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and I was sick and tired having this weighing on me.

Thanks LEOs .. you all take good care.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:06 AM   #17
ScottRNelson
Mr. Dual Sport Rider

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: Honda XR650L, KTM 1090 Adv R
Name: =Username
To clarify why they write a bunch of tickets at that intersection, it's because of disobeying the sign in the photo below. The Bay Area has a lot of areas with special rules during rush hour. There are several in Pleasanton that prohibit turns in certain directions during rush hour to keep the commuter traffic from clogging up some residential neighborhoods.

The sign headed into Niles Canyon is there because there were too many wrecks from right turners hitting people going straight through the intersection to Niles Canyon or making left turns there. It's just a side benefit that it's also a money maker for the city of Fremont.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Turn.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	520823  
Old 05-29-2019, 12:17 PM   #18
vio
Cream Puff???

during the time I went there .. there is a lot of foliage and you're in a row of cars that are turning.... hence I turned...

in this pic .. you can see niles canyon.. when I went.. you can't see the road.. or through the turn.

Last edited by vio; 05-29-2019 at 12:19 PM..
vio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:45 PM   #19
MapleRoad
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: '13 Tiger XC 800
Name:
If you'd like to try avoiding the ticket altogether, use one of the Trial by Written Declaration services. Ticket Ninja is one. If you lose, you still have an automatic Trial de Novo (new trial!) if you want to take traffic school.
MapleRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:30 PM   #20
MR662
CMSP Instructor

AMA #: 1068326
Founding Member
Contributor +++

Motorcycles: All Kinds
Name:
The sign has been there for about a year for No right on red, but people have been making illegal turns from the # 3 lane and to the left of those turning in the designated right turn lane, (CVC 22100a) for years. Like someone else mentioned, it causes accidents and congestion when people try to turn right from N/B Mission on to E/B Niles Canyon while other traffic is turning on to Niles Canyon from S/B Mission or straight across from Niles Bl.

Work:
2018 BMW 1200 RT-P

Play:
2019 Hypermotard 950SP
2017 Ducati Panigale R

http://pacificmotorcycletraining.com
MR662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:11 PM   #21
vio
Cream Puff???

I think i got a ticket for a right during 3 to 7. That's what i was told.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:36 AM   #22
vio
Cream Puff???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleRoad View Post
If you'd like to try avoiding the ticket altogether, use one of the Trial by Written Declaration services. Ticket Ninja is one. If you lose, you still have an automatic Trial de Novo (new trial!) if you want to take traffic school.

did that last time .. and lost miserably. thank god this time i just know to pay it and do traffic school.