jacob11379
Banned

Motorcycles: Race 2017 ZX10RR, Track 13 ZX10R
Name: jacob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash Allen View Post
Some call me picturesque

Go slow in the slow corners, that’s all I gotta say about that
Actually flipping through race vids on youtube and just seen this in action. a little hot in that corner : . Hopefully, you bought the guy in front of you a 12 pack...
jacob11379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:44 PM   #47
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

AMA #: 3283336
Contributor ++

Motorcycles: S1000RR, FZ09, SV650, YZ250
Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob11379 View Post
Actually flipping through race vids on youtube and just seen this in action. a little hot in that corner : . Hopefully, you bought the guy in front of you a 12 pack...
That dude is jaybocc in this thread. I did him one better and let him beat me in the championship points
Smash Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:32 AM   #48
jacob11379
Banned

Quote:
That dude is jaybocc in this thread. I did him one better and let him beat me in the championship points
Your a great friend! But im sure you beat him on style points!

(says the guy asking for advice on riding)
Old 01-20-2019, 10:02 AM   #49
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

Contributor ++

Quote:
Your a great friend! But im sure you beat him on style points!

(says the guy asking for advice on riding)
Good thing I won the style award when I could, my bike does not look quite as nice anymore... does a plated collarbone count for style points?

Riding on track with soft suspension on the Sv650 and fz09 gave me a bad habit of putting most all my weight through the pegs so as to let my legs act as suspension to not upset the chassis. This contributed/added to the bad habit of hanging off too much, making me and the bike two different entities versus being locked in and one with the bike.

Going through my race notes a common theme is “stop moving around so much on bike, stay locked in and looking forward”. This year I’m working on eye, bike, and body placement; in that order.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:38 PM   #50
jacob11379
Banned

Quote:
Good thing I won the style award when I could, my bike does not look quite as nice anymore... does a plated collarbone count for style points?

Riding on track with soft suspension on the Sv650 and fz09 gave me a bad habit of putting most all my weight through the pegs so as to let my legs act as suspension to not upset the chassis. This contributed/added to the bad habit of hanging off too much, making me and the bike two different entities versus being locked in and one with the bike.

Going through my race notes a common theme is “stop moving around so much on bike, stay locked in and looking forward”. This year I’m working on eye, bike, and body placement; in that order.
Have you switched up bikes? or suspensions? Or just working with what you already have?

Broken bones can be laughed at in hindsight but certainly no fun. I do hope your recovery was fast or is gonna be fast!
Old 01-20-2019, 03:53 PM   #51
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

Contributor ++

Quote:
Have you switched up bikes? or suspensions? Or just working with what you already have?

Broken bones can be laughed at in hindsight but certainly no fun. I do hope your recovery was fast or is gonna be fast!
I’m riding a bmw s1000rr with top spec suspension now, but bad habits are harder to break than bones

Thanks for the well wishes, I’m back to full functionality and am practicing yoga a few times a week with which I credit my recovery and return to fitness
Old 01-20-2019, 04:58 PM   #52
jacob11379
Banned

Quote:
I’m riding a bmw s1000rr with top spec suspension now, but bad habits are harder to break than bones

Thanks for the well wishes, I’m back to full functionality and am practicing yoga a few times a week with which I credit my recovery and return to fitness

Thats a nice upgrade! ....Made a couple upgrades myself recently. I feel its a good investment to have equipment that can "help" keep me out of the hospital. My deductible, after paying $1200 a month, is still 12k annually. And I run a couple of businesses that would not do well without me.

Yoga is no joke! looks funny and easy until you try to do it! ...Kudos to you!

Are you racing in 2019? AFM?
Old 01-20-2019, 06:10 PM   #53
jaybocc2
o lento

AMA #3692962

Motorcycles: 05 zx10r (street), 11 zx10r (track), 13 zx10r (race)
Name: Jay
Quote:

*cough* find your apexes *cough*
*cough* hit your apexes *cough*
*cough* bike placement *cough*

Well in that case, two plates must be better than one

Quote:
"let"

Quote:
There is some good angles, front and rear from both of us
Here is mine.
https://youtu.be/BRYuYgCm6ws?t=671
here is smash's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVnd2j9Pe4Y
AFM #705 | youtube | instagram | facebook

Please give some love to my 2019 Sponsors!
Daredevil Motorsports | Amsoil | SPY Optic | GoPro

Last edited by jaybocc2; 01-20-2019 at 06:37 PM..
jaybocc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #54
jacob11379
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybocc2 View Post
Here is mine.
Thats video I was watching...

I dont think you could of had a better camera placement!...
Old 01-20-2019, 08:05 PM   #55
Holeshot
Super Moderator

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor / Barf Racer
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
What happened Chris? The ABS isn't on, right?
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:26 PM   #56
stangmx13
not Stan

Contributor
BrotoGP

Motorcycles: 04' 600RR, 09' 600RR, 15' R6
Name: Robert
Quote:

There’s a time and a place for most techniques. Locked in all the time is prob just as bad as never locked in. Keep practicing.
WERA #513 / AFM #513R / MotoAmerica #31
Follow me on IG @rwpierce13
Thanks to: RiderzLaw Vortex
stangmx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:13 PM   #57
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

Contributor ++

Quote:
Thats a nice upgrade! ....Made a couple upgrades myself recently. I feel its a good investment to have equipment that can "help" keep me out of the hospital. My deductible, after paying $1200 a month, is still 12k annually. And I run a couple of businesses that would not do well without me.

Yoga is no joke! looks funny and easy until you try to do it! ...Kudos to you!

Are you racing in 2019? AFM?
I love me some upgrades Keeping the right perspective is important, add in some safety nets and you’re sure to have a good time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybocc2 View Post
*cough* find your apexes *cough*
*cough* hit your apexes *cough*
*cough* bike placement *cough*

Well in that case, two plates must be better than one

"let"

Here is mine.
here is smash's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVnd2j9Pe4Y
I’m a quick study in areas but slow learner in others... this year I’m really slowing things down and I know now why it’s important to do things like take the slow corners... slow...

The doctor gave me a strange look when I mentioned plating both sides at once to save some time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
What happened Chris? The ABS isn't on, right?
I was rushing that corner all weekend and that lap it all came together... I started braking later than I had been and buried the forks all the way down, hit some bumps, and I don’t remember the rest...

Abs is removed, was my first weekend without it, and I was going faster than I ever had been by pushing my brake markers further and further back with all this new found braking capability. I’m stiffening my spring rate this season to compensate, along with a fundamental change in how I think about riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangmx13 View Post
There’s a time and a place for most techniques. Locked in all the time is prob just as bad as never locked in. Keep practicing.
Right, I intend to
Old 01-21-2019, 10:35 AM   #58
stangmx13
not Stan

Contributor
BrotoGP

Motorcycles: 04' 600RR, 09' 600RR, 15' R6
Name: Robert
Quote:
I was rushing that corner all weekend and that lap it all came together... I started braking later than I had been and buried the forks all the way down, hit some bumps, and I don’t remember the rest...

Abs is removed, was my first weekend without it, and I was going faster than I ever had been by pushing my brake markers further and further back with all this new found braking capability. I’m stiffening my spring rate this season to compensate, along with a fundamental change in how I think about riding.
careful with pushing markers. thats often a good way to go slower. at this point in your racing, u probably have a lot more time to be gained by braking less, not more. this is especially true around tracks where there are no real straights and the braking zones arent long, like Sonoma.

off-topic, sry.
WERA #513 / AFM #513R / MotoAmerica #31
Follow me on IG @rwpierce13
Thanks to: RiderzLaw Vortex
stangmx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:50 AM   #59
Holeshot
Super Moderator

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor / Barf Racer
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
I agree with Robert, Chris. Get your exits 95% before pushing the entry, IMO.
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:59 AM   #60
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

Contributor ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangmx13 View Post
careful with pushing markers. thats often a good way to go slower. at this point in your racing, u probably have a lot more time to be gained by braking less, not more. this is especially true around tracks where there are no real straights and the braking zones arent long, like Sonoma.

off-topic, sry.
Yeah one goal is to brake for less time overall. I am achieving that by using more force during the shortened braking interval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
I agree with Robert, Chris. Get your exits 95% before pushing the entry, IMO.
My overall intent historically has been to ‘go fast’ and nothing feels faster than pushing entries. A fundamental shift in how I approach riding is that it shouldn’t feel fast anymore. If it does then I’m going to reassess why and if it’s because of pushing entries, I’m going to slow more for that corner. Hopefully I’m not too far off base, please correct me if I have the wrong idea...