Old 03-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #46
mrc
hippo threat display

Contributor + Barf Brick Contributor

Motorcycles: '03 SV, '98 Concours
Name: Matt
Quote:
Originally posted by DucatiHoney
My avatar is a chick in a skirt on a motorcycle... you sure you want me as a playmate?
Quoted for the "why wouldn't anyone" factor, but also as a nod to DH's interesting observation that what I'd though was pure bling (women's high-wedge/heel boots) has a practical angle for the inseam challenged. Inseminally challenged?

Helimot has women's sizes all the way down to tiny pinay, if you're willing to shell out. FWIW.
mrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:17 AM   #47
Hooli
Political thunderwhore

Barfie Winner 2010
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor++++

Motorcycles: Yep.
Name: El Jefe
Quote:
Originally posted by karayzieho
I am a woman.
"Hear me roar!"

"My bullshit meter and givsafuckometers are currently at zenith and nadir." - Carries An Axe

Performance Concepts RMC Moto
---------------------------------
Art Grant Craig Hightower Rydther/B12Bill Gary Jaehne AFM Miri/Lylith
HoHo
Hooli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:41 AM   #48
kiltwearinfool
do not read this title

Founding Member
Contributor ++

Motorcycles: OK
Name: John
Quote:
Originally posted by karayzieho
I have the Sidi Violets. They're pretty good boots but under jeans are about as sexy as Britney's shaved head.
Oddly enough, I didn't give a crap about her until she shaved her head. :shrug

KH, have you tried Stompers up in SF? They've got a pretty good selection of boot styles and sizes. I think they have a website (just browsed, they offer police officer jackboots that might fit your needs?)

I've seen plenty of people ride in a simple pair of black cowboy boots. While not as in-style as they used to be, they still have a non-moto look and fit halfway decent at the office.

My first reaction to the Icons when I saw them in sport rider was "that's a good start, but..." there's really not enough preotection in the wear areas like the top of the left foot, where the shifter lever contacts. I've got a pair of Doc Martens that have significant wear on the left and right toe tops (right side is from the old britbike) and it's hard to polish out. I think I'd be pissed if I spent $170 on a pair of riding boots to only have them wear quickly in that area.

IMO, the Icon boots are designed more for female passengers than for female riders.

Donate to GaryJ's appreciation fund if you can.
kiltwearinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #49
Hooli
Political thunderwhore

Barfie Winner 2010
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor++++

Motorcycles: Yep.
Name: El Jefe
Quote:
Originally posted by kiltwearinfool
I've seen plenty of people ride in a simple pair of black cowboy boots. While not as in-style as they used to be, they still have a non-moto look and fit halfway decent at the office.
Please keep in mind that the typical cowboy boot has a non-grip sole and you may risk dropping the bike if you put your foot down at an intersection (that typically has an accumulation of cager fluids on the surface).

Ain't hatin', just statin'...

"My bullshit meter and givsafuckometers are currently at zenith and nadir." - Carries An Axe

Performance Concepts RMC Moto
---------------------------------
Art Grant Craig Hightower Rydther/B12Bill Gary Jaehne AFM Miri/Lylith
HoHo
Hooli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 AM   #50
Brown81
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: VFgeezeR
Name:
I personally find it sexy when women wear proper riding gear. If I saw some chick riding with those goofy ass Icon boots, I'd think she was a dipshit!

If I saw a girl wearing some Sidi's under her jeans at the office I'd think "cool, this chick is a rider, fucking hot".

Just my opinion!
Brown81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #51
jenn868

Motorcycles: ninja ex250
Name:
I have these boots....they are comfortable to ride in, not too comfy to stand around in or be in all day....the balls of my feet hurt after awhile...as for protection they certainly dont have the racing mindset but they are made for riding with ankle protection and they are thick and tall, probably being less protective on the foot......my suggestion would be to try them on somewhere first then decide....
Old 03-22-2007, 03:48 PM   #52
DucatiHoney
Ride only user

AMA #: 1028914
BARF Admin
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 1994 M900 Ducati
Name: Heather
Quote:
Originally posted by Brown81
I personally find it sexy when women wear proper riding gear. If I saw some chick riding with those goofy ass Icon boots, I'd think she was a dipshit!

If I saw a girl wearing some Sidi's under her jeans at the office I'd think "cool, this chick is a rider, fucking hot".

Just my opinion!
Yeah, well, my bosses aren't as cool as you. I come in to the office a full 30 minutes early to get out of my full leathers and hide it all before they see me. I hear about it if I wear flip flops to work, let alone my Sidis. Trust me--there are days when I'd be totally cool working in my two-piece and boots.

s h e l t e r w e r k architecture.design
live::::work::::motorcycles
DucatiHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #53
Brown81
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: VFgeezeR
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by DucatiHoney
Yeah, well, my bosses aren't as cool as you. I come in to the office a full 30 minutes early to get out of my full leathers and hide it all before they see me. I hear about it if I wear flip flops to work, let alone my Sidis. Trust me--there are days when I'd be totally cool working in my two-piece and boots.
Would they be cool if you wore those stripper/dominatrix boots??

Personally, I'd encourage any female employees to dress like that!! Just not when riding motorcycles!!
Brown81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #54
Nemo Brinker
Tonight we ride

Mod Alumni
Contributor + +

Motorcycles: '04 919, '04 DR650
Name: Legion
I have this vision of a woman walking into her office wearing a clunky Aerostich, and whipping it off to reveal tight domme gear underneath... but that's just me!

I took a look at those boots for kicks, and the leather (as well as the construction) looked substandard to me. And that, to me, detracts too much from the sexy factor of shoes!
Nemo Brinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #55
motorcyclegrin
Veteran

Motorcycles: Kawasaki ZRX 1100 / '05 CBR600RR
Name:
I have these boots. I would only recommend them for city riding though, which is all I do down here in Mex. Since my bike is a bit tall for me, the heel gives me great stability. The area for the toe shifter is great so that there is no damage and they are comfortable for regular wear as well. The only thing that I don't like is that the calf area is a bit tight for me. If you work out at all, there is not a lot of room for muscle. Other than that, I would give them a thumbs up for city riding. If you are going with highway/freeway traffic, I would recommend something a bit thicker.
motorcyclegrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:19 AM   #56
3stripes
Banned

Contributor

Motorcycles: twin baby!!!
Name:
sexy!
3stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:04 AM   #57
Christieland
cheesy rider

Contributor

Motorcycles: R6, Zuma, Look 595
Name: christie
Quote:
Originally posted by motorcyclegrin
I have these boots. I would only recommend them for city riding though, which is all I do down here in Mex. Since my bike is a bit tall for me, the heel gives me great stability. The area for the toe shifter is great so that there is no damage and they are comfortable for regular wear as well. The only thing that I don't like is that the calf area is a bit tight for me. If you work out at all, there is not a lot of room for muscle. Other than that, I would give them a thumbs up for city riding. If you are going with highway/freeway traffic, I would recommend something a bit thicker.
That's awesome. Would love to see pics!

I actually tried them on two weeks ago, they special ordered the biggest size available, and they still didn't fit.
Christieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:13 AM   #58
Roadstergal
Won the race (to the loo)

Contributor ++++++++2%

Motorcycles: '17 R6 track, '16 Little Kawk, ?? CR85 Frankenrace, '15 R3 track, '09 Zuma 125, '05 CRF
Name: Looney
I want those Bombshell boots - for wearing off the bike. I wear Sidi Vertebra boots when on the bike and keep a pair of shoes at the office. I'm inseam-challenged, as well - 5'1" - and I learned to look where I was stopping and shift a cheek off.

I took a look at those Sidi Rose when Newenough put them on sale, and they just don't look protective.

(BTW, kudos to Sidi for making race boots in size EU36.)
Old 06-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #59
Chim Chim
Veteran

Motorcycles: '07 ZZR600 '98 Ducati ST2,'01 SV 650S, '69 CB450, '71 LS2
Name:
Bombshell = poo

Check out the Oxtar Sunray. Remember your feet will look cuter in heels if they aren't mangled.
Chim Chim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:12 AM   #60
Roadstergal
Won the race (to the loo)

Contributor ++++++++2%

Motorcycles: '17 R6 track, '16 Little Kawk, ?? CR85 Frankenrace, '15 R3 track, '09 Zuma 125, '05 CRF
Name: Looney
I have the Sunray for when it's pouring out. Nicely waterproof and the sole is good and grippy, but I'd still feel better about having the Sidis on in a crash. I want to get the Vertigo Tepor, but I can't find them in my size.