Old 02-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #91
FemmeLaMoto
The Alpha Betch

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2007 R1
Name: JoGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjyursins View Post
So what do us supermoto riders get classified into? hehe, the sportbike guys look at me like i'm retarded, the cruisers are like wtf is that thing and the tourers usually, look over then nose to the sky as they go on thier merry little way. Only guys I've actually ran into on the street that almost always wave are the dual sport guys, other supermoto's and nor cal bro's in thier white trucks and metal mulisha stickers. Gotta say though, I don't really care, it's nice being an "outcast". hahahaha! I stand up and wave like crazy at large groups of harley guys.
Supermoto riders are my hero!!!
AFM #728 - Check out my blog - JoGosRacing
The Best:
Z2 Track Days
CTRacing Pirelli
LeoVinceUSA
Yamaha Motor Corp.
FemmeLaMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #92
xgambit
Post Count +1

2006 Barfie
Contributor +

Motorcycles: XB9s XB12s 1125CR 450SMR WR250X
Name: Chess
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjyursins View Post
So what do us supermoto riders get classified into? hehe, the sportbike guys look at me like i'm retarded, the cruisers are like wtf is that thing and the tourers usually, look over then nose to the sky as they go on thier merry little way. Only guys I've actually ran into on the street that almost always wave are the dual sport guys, other supermoto's and nor cal bro's in thier white trucks and metal mulisha stickers. Gotta say though, I don't really care, it's nice being an "outcast". hahahaha! I stand up and wave like crazy at large groups of harley guys.
bah you think motard guys have it bad...try riding a buell.
xgambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #93
911NeverForget
Rookie

Motorcycles: 07' CBR1000RR (Sold), 00' CBR600, 09' ZX-10R
Name:
I wave at everyone I see, harley's, sportbikes, tour bikes, w/e. Now whats really funny is when you wave to girls on scooters. They think you wave at them because they're hotties or something... Sometimes they wave back, but most the time they are confused.

I recently stopped a pretty lady on a scooter, about 50cc's by my guess to, warn her that showing off her pretty legs in a skirt and stockings was going to make me sad when I saw them some day after she fell off in sandles and T'shirt. She gave me a perplexed look, kinda like a deer in the headlights. I was speaking gibberish to her and I don't think I scored any points with her by just comming up out of the blue (I don't drive a car in S.F., just ride a bike because its faster, cheaper, and better excercise). She said, "Oh, I'm just going a few blocks it doesn't matter, I'll be fine." I thought about all the stats about people being more likely to crash within a few miles of their homes than further away.

O well, I still wave at everyone I see, unless I'm mid corner or something!
911NeverForget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #94
kenyanspeed
I'm coming for you Wendy

Motorcycles: '04 Ninja 250 (RIP-thanks DUI Wendy!)
Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911NeverForget View Post
I wave at everyone I see, harley's, sportbikes, tour bikes, w/e. Now whats really funny is when you wave to girls on scooters. They think you wave at them because they're hotties or something... Sometimes they wave back, but most the time they are confused.

I recently stopped a pretty lady on a scooter, about 50cc's by my guess to, warn her that showing off her pretty legs in a skirt and stockings was going to make me sad when I saw them some day after she fell off in sandles and T'shirt. She gave me a perplexed look, kinda like a deer in the headlights. I was speaking gibberish to her and I don't think I scored any points with her by just comming up out of the blue (I don't drive a car in S.F., just ride a bike because its faster, cheaper, and better excercise). She said, "Oh, I'm just going a few blocks it doesn't matter, I'll be fine." I thought about all the stats about people being more likely to crash within a few miles of their homes than further away.

O well, I still wave at everyone I see, unless I'm mid corner or something!
Hahahah hopefully she'll remember you and what you said when she gets crashed! That's so true that you have a higher chance of crashing while within a few miles of home because you become relaxed about the familiar surroundings and think everything is picture-perfect on the way home.

http://www.trancecommunity.com/Forum...referrerid=561

fucking awesome trance forum - sign up if you want trance,techno,house,electro,dub step,drum n base,etc XD

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving." - Einstein
kenyanspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:08 AM   #95
daveytrackels
Banned

Motorcycles: yamaha
Name:
I don't understand..
daveytrackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #96
Ironbutt
Loves the anecdotal

AMA #: 2880504
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Yamasaki
Name:
Why is motorcycling an act and stage performance to so many people?

I don't pick on the bikes people ride.. cause i'll ride it too.. I pick on the riders cause they're so sensitive about the bike they ride.

Just ask anyone on any bike.. What year Honda Shadow they're riding. Watch the response.. it's quite comical..

Have to ask yourself why they get upset.. cause they don't know any better. They're caught up in the hype. If they don't quit riding, they'll quit caring about this.

Just ride.. go racing too.. Support our sport. Teach riding.. get involved with our community.
Ironbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:18 AM   #97
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbutt View Post
Just ride.. go racing too.. Support our sport. Teach riding.. get involved with our community.

budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #98
High-Side
Veteran

AMA#: 614359
Contributor

Motorcycles: Paid for
Name:
The Brotherhood of the Road by Shalom Auslander

I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you, what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community, a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan.

Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassle handlebars and the studded luggage and the half-helmets? God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, I do hate those guys. I don't wave at them, either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180-degree German engines. God, I hate them.

They're almost as bad as those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two-wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they've got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grampa, and while you're at it, I'm not waving to you.

Ducati guys? I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color you want, as long as it's red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. They always have those stupid helmets sitting on top of their stupid heads, and God forbid they should wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep on going. Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? Team Green my ass. I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Honda, and I'll only wave at Honda guys, but even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah, like you're going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Nice crotch, by the way.

Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and by the way, neither will the guys in two-piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at those guys with the helmets with the loud paint jobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet? Like I'm going to wave back to that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is a like a family, a close-knit brotherhood of people who ride Hondas, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid-color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes riding so special?"

Ferris Bueller
High-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:28 AM   #99
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman
Feel the love

budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:11 AM   #100
bearshark52

Motorcycles: n/a
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Side View Post

I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you, what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community, a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan.

Except when I pass Harley guys. ......... God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. ........... God, I hate them.

They're almost as bad as those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two-wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they've got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grampa, and while you're at it, I'm not waving to you.

Ducati guys? ..........Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. ........... I just keep on going. Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? Team Green my ass. I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Honda, and I'll only wave at Honda guys, but even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah, like you're going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Nice crotch, by the way.

Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and by the way, neither will the guys in two-piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at those guys with the helmets with the loud paint jobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet? Like I'm going to wave back to that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is a like a family, a close-knit brotherhood of people who ride Hondas, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid-color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes riding so special?"

bearshark52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:32 AM   #101
Cincinnatus
Not-quite retired Army

AMA #: 2818353
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel Contributor ++!

Motorcycles: Screaming yellow 2006 BMW K1200R, baby!
Name: SweeperBot
SUCH a repost...

Like a million times already....
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - President John F. Kennedy, Democrat
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #102
easilyi
Can you see me?

Motorcycles: '09 DR-Z400 SM (sold)
Name: James
Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Side View Post

Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassle handlebars and the studded luggage and the half-helmets? God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, I do hate those guys. I don't wave at them, either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180-degree German engines. God, I hate them.

Ducati guys? I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color you want, as long as it's red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. They always have those stupid helmets sitting on top of their stupid heads, and God forbid they should wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep on going. Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? Team Green my ass. I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I have to thank you for making me laugh.
easilyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #103
High-Side
Veteran

AMA#: 614359
Contributor

Motorcycles: Paid for
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by easilyi View Post
I have to thank you for making me laugh.
The sad part is that there is a lot of truth in "The Brotherhood of the Road" - how some of us dislike riders of other brands and styles.

But it made me laugh too.

Ferris Bueller
High-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:13 AM   #104
Bay Arean
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: Bonneville
Name:
Whenever I observe a young dude, driving recklessly on his rocket of choice, I remember that he is vastly outnumbered by thoughtless people in cars, talking on cell phones, while they drive, despite the new law. Who is REALLY the more dangerous on the road? It's no excuse, but just like when they were shooting people for looting VCRs while corporations screwed people out of pensions (Rodney King vs. Enron), sometimes we aren't really putting things in perspective.
Bay Arean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:46 AM   #105
STIdevildog
JD&COKE

Motorcycles: CURRENT: 05 zx-6r (track), 10 1198s, and a few more ||Previous: too many to list
Name: Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbutt View Post
Why is motorcycling an act and stage performance to so many people?

I don't pick on the bikes people ride.. cause i'll ride it too.. I pick on the riders cause they're so sensitive about the bike they ride.

Just ask anyone on any bike.. What year Honda Shadow they're riding. Watch the response.. it's quite comical..

Have to ask yourself why they get upset.. cause they don't know any better. They're caught up in the hype. If they don't quit riding, they'll quit caring about this.

I myself don't pick on the motorcycle but the rider. I used to mess with a co worker who had a Katana and then he got a sportster. I was going to mess with him some more but he may have shot up the office.
STIdevildog is offline   Reply With Quote