BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Racers Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2021, 09:01 AM   #31
Navigator
Navigator

Motorcycles: 1199 & V4
Name: Jimmy
Craig you are needed for our group and AFM. Everybody on this thread appreciates the amount of energy and time it took to formulate your proposal to the board. It paid off buddy. Count me in for future races. Gotta catch Go Go!
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 04:56 PM   #32
GoGo
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: KTM 1290 SDR
Name:
Gavin started his Ducati from the opposite side of our garage just after third call and I nearly soiled myself. I do love my KTM but I'll be the fist to admit, it aint no Ducati. Those things sound so powerful. I swear I could feel the pulses coming from Gavin's exhaust against my chest.

He's pretty banged up from a crash a few weeks ago. I was surprised he even showed up, and he's doubtful for round 2.

I've got to rattle Matthew Houston's cage, get him down there for next round too.
GoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:28 PM   #33
Kneerider
Rookie

Motorcycles: All Italian, all the time...
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
Craig you are needed for our group and AFM. Everybody on this thread appreciates the amount of energy and time it took to formulate your proposal to the board. It paid off buddy. Count me in for future races. Gotta catch Go Go!
Jimmy, your support is so appreciated. Your skills are clearly improving and your second place finish is well deserved. I really enjoyed "our" race to T #1, even though I brought a butter knife to a gun fight. I still love my old school analog Ducati's though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo View Post
Gavin started his Ducati from the opposite side of our garage just after third call and I nearly soiled myself. I do love my KTM but I'll be the fist to admit, it aint no Ducati. Those things sound so powerful. I swear I could feel the pulses coming from Gavin's exhaust against my chest.

He's pretty banged up from a crash a few weeks ago. I was surprised he even showed up, and he's doubtful for round 2.

I've got to rattle Matthew Houston's cage, get him down there for next round too.
GoGo, I hear you - and those AWESOME new Ducati's! They are so aggressive and intimidating for such a gentlemen's class.

Also, I didn't realize Gavin had been banged up. We waved to each other a few times during the weekend, but one of us was always suited up and heading out...so I didn't get a chance to speak to him. I'll do that at the next round he's at, and I hope it is RD #2!

Finally - GET MATTHEW! Matthew Houston - where are you? We want you to bring that awesome 959 back to the Open Twins class. Please join in!
Old 03-29-2021, 06:36 AM   #34
Gavin Botha
Rookie

BARF Sponsor
1% Contributor

Motorcycles: All
Name:
I had a small off a few weeks before first round and still have a splint on my finger and some banged up ribs. Had more impact on me than I thought, largely in my mind I think... I will sit out next round because I will still have the splint and want to heal up before I race again. Will be ready to play again at THill
Gavin Botha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:13 AM   #35
Holeshot
Super Moderator

Barf Racer
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneerider View Post
Finally - GET MATTHEW! Matthew Houston - where are you? We want you to bring that awesome 959 back to the Open Twins class. Please join in!
He's over on Facebook hell harassing Gawyer like a lower classman asking an upper classman on a first date. It's sad. The guy needs to race to keep his race cred already! He needs to put the Duc on the grid.
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".

AFM #6 2020
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:33 PM   #36
Kneerider
Rookie

Name:
Talking It's Time!

Open Twins Racers,

Got the AFM RD #2 entry announcement today...yep, I registered today.

I hope you will all register for this round and that we'll see some additional racers as well (like a certain TL1000R, and others).

Really looking forward to getting back to BW and improving a bit with this round. Please post up if you are planning to race this round, and INVITE ALL OF YOUR TWIN RACING FRIENDS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RD #2 Announcement.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	542796  
Old 04-04-2021, 06:20 PM   #37
Gravisman
Aspiring Racer

Contributor

Motorcycles: ZX-6R RSV4 Panigale 899 Ninja 300 FZ-07R
Name: Gravisman
I’m registered

Motorcycles turn by harnessing the pure power of awesome directly from the soul of the multiverse. Motorcycles make physics their bitch.
Gravisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:20 PM   #38
Kneerider
Rookie

Name:
Thumbs up Round #2 Open Twins - Congrats Jeff, Jimmy, and Trevor!

Hey Open Twins Racers,

What a great round #2 at Buttonwillow. We had strong registrations and most were there and ready to race. It was a great race with action in different parts and close! The topper? The AFM made Open Twins the lunchtime podium for this event - THANK YOU AFM! This hasn't happened in years, and it's a major boost to the riders and the class. It was so good seeing Jeff, Jimmy, and Trevor on the podium and hearing them give their race perspective during the interviews. This class is growing and becoming more interesting and we apprecaite all that the riders AND the AFM are doing to make this a formidable class again.

Our list of brands is growing and we now have 5 brands on the grid. Ducati, KTM, MV Agusta, Suzuki, and Yamaha. I hear there may be a Honda RC-51 showing up to play at some point as well. Jon Bawden was impressive on his Suzuki TL1000R. He was almost as fast as the winners on that 1996 bike...and I know his results will be even more impressive in the coming rounds. Donnie looked fast on his KTM (now we have two in the class, both with GoGo MoJo). Luke Heisterman made a great showing on his Yamaha FZ-07. Luke, you are doing GREAT, and we can't wait to see your progress at Thunderhill.

Please encourage all of your fellow riders and racers who have a twin to come and join us! The racing is getting better, and Thunderhill will bring out the best in all of us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AFM RD #3.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	543530