BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Trackdays

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:28 AM   #1
DannoXYZ
Veteran

Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: CB125T, EX250E, Ninja250R race bike, CBR250R(MC19), CBR250RR(MC22), VF500F, CBR600RR, VFR750F
Name: Danno
Centralised Location for Most Trackdays

So my first season at track went well couple years ago with 42-trackdays and 4 race-weekends with AFM. Multiple tracks are close by with numerous trackday offerings such that I can go to track any and every weekend if I wanted.

Sears Point Sonoma - 15-minutes away
Dixon kart track - 1 hr
Little 99 kart track - 1 hr
Thunderhill - 1.5 hrs
Laguna Seca - 2 hrs
Buttonwillow - 5 hrs
Willow Springs - 6 hrs

With full-time WFH during this Covid fiasco, I can pretty much work from anywhere and save bank on living expenses.

So where should I live? Is there anywhere in U.S. (or World for that matter), that I can find as many tracks within close distance?

Last edited by DannoXYZ; Yesterday at 04:34 AM..
DannoXYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM   #2
berth
Veteran

Motorcycles: KRS-1200
Name:
If you're willing to move a little south, and lengthen the time to Sears, you can put Buttonwillow and Willow closer on your list, and add in Fontana.

You'd have to move more I think to make Chuckwalla Valley Raceway accessible.

Head a little bit south and east, and Las Vegas may be on your map if Willow is valid at 6 hours.

Maybe move to the high desert, Barstow and such, that way you get access to Buttonwillow, Vegas, Willow, Chuckwalla, Fontana, plus endless desert off road and dual purpose runs to sharpen those skills.

And it's mostly open road with not a silly amount of traffic (save probably for Vegas and the 15).

Should just plot the tracks on the map and grab a compass and start drawing circles.
#69 #45 NP
berth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM   #3
DannoXYZ
Veteran

Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: CB125T, EX250E, Ninja250R race bike, CBR250R(MC19), CBR250RR(MC22), VF500F, CBR600RR, VFR750F
Name: Danno
Quote:
Originally Posted by berth View Post
Should just plot the tracks on the map and grab a compass and start drawing circles.
Good idea! Was hoping someone's already done this. My goal is to hit up every track in U.S. So I might as well start plotting!
DannoXYZ is online now   Reply With Quote