Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > BARF Love of Community > Best of BARF

Old 01-07-2003, 01:53 PM   #1
wei7
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: duckie
Name:
Ken Hill, Gary Jaehne, Doc Wong. Mike Solis at Jan 31st Event!

Hello everyone!

Wow! We are only a few weeks away from the first BARF Trackday Event! Here are a few of the coaches attending this great event!

Ken Hill AFM#2 plate and owner of Hayward Kawasaki. Former mechanic for Valvoline Suzuki with Josh Hayes will be offering his services with riding techniques, optimal suspension setup and learning the track! Ken will be bringing his Hayward Kawasaki trailer open to helping anyone with problems and questions.

Gary Jaehne AFM 450 Superbike Champion and endurance winner brings his vast knowledge of suspension tuning, rider set up and track experience. Gary is also the speaker for the Doc Wong Supension clinics and well know author of the suspension cookbook!

Doc Wong one of the most avid sports riders out there sharing all he knows of his years in riding, trackdays, schools and seminars.

We also have many other coaches helping out including Mike Solis: AFM, AMA, WERA fast guy riding on his new GSXR 750. Solis brings with him a resume that includes test rider for City Bike Mag, AFM teacher/instructor and known fast guy in AFM and AMA.

Others include Budman, former AMA rider and soon to be Fomula 40s top guy in AFM. Bud brings his years on the track and racing to the plate. Helping the novice riders get out there and have fun!

This will be the place for riders of all levels and Steve has put this incredible lineup together for this forum exclusively. Besides a school you will not find these caliber of riders offering their time and knowledge except at a BARF Event. Thank you Steve for this wonderful event!

Please ask for help at this event. Everyone I have mentioned will be at this event to help YOU the rider! They have the knowledge and know how on and off the track. This is a tool Steve and BARF designed just for this forum. I will be introducing everyone at the riders meeting at the track so please make these coaches and volunteers feel good! Introduce yourselves to them and give them a great big BARF salute!

Thank you to Ken Hill, Gary Jaehne, Doc Wong, Mike Solis and the other volunteers offering their time in helping new riders get on the track.

Of course Little Big Head and her scouts will be in the area looking for Darth Chuci, Lord StevaCo and their sitfhs (sp)

Best wishes and see you out there!

Words to remember "whatever it takes to beat Wei" Budman

BARF Terms of Service

Last edited by wei7; 01-07-2003 at 06:32 PM..
wei7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 01:54 PM   #2
Atak Kat
Smile!

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: Suzuki Katana
Name:
Damn! Wish I was going to the trackday!

Great line-up.

-ak-
Atak Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 02:32 PM   #3
JnglstTICAL
Has been here a long time

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: N/A
Name: Calvin
Ed, sounds like its gonna be a straight gangsta party! You know ill be there!!
JnglstTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 03:07 PM   #4
Eric in Davis
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor + + + + + 3%

Motorcycles: '15 YZ250F, FZR400 retired race bike
Name:
Sweet! Someone please help me figure out how to take turn 14! Street riding doesn't give you much experience to help you judge a straightaway/turn combo like that.
Eric in Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 03:34 PM   #5
nine
If u have 2 drive a cage

Founding Member

Motorcycles: R1
Name: Matt
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric in Davis
Sweet! Someone please help me figure out how to take turn 14! Street riding doesn't give you much experience to help you judge a straightaway/turn combo like that.
Read this

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...=&threadid=340
Old 01-07-2003, 04:52 PM   #6
PASTAPWR
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: '01 RSV Mille
Name:
DAMN! This one I have to sit out. What an incredible line up of talent to help people out. To the attendees. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OPPORTUNITY.

"Lines? How about staying to the left of the white one and right of the yellow ones. It's called a lane and you're supposed to stay in your own. Practice that for a while first... " - Dougmo531
PASTAPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 04:59 PM   #7
theSteveCo
Founder

BARF Founder (no joke)
Founding Member
Contributor (no... really)

Motorcycles: honda
Name:
Re: Ken Hill, Gary Jaehne, Doc Wong. Mike Solis at Jan 31st Event!

Quote:
Originally posted by wei7
We are only a few weeks away from the first BARF Trackday Event! Here are a few of the coaches attending this great event!

<snip>

Also helping out will be theSteveCo and MackeyStingray. These two clowns both ride (or rode at one time) Gixxer Sixxers. Steve used to race the De Anza College Parking Lot Series on his YSR50 and remains unchallenged in the chopped-up-plastic-skateboard-as-kneepucks division. Mackey Stingray, head of TCG and long-time BARFer, needs no introduction. Actually, well, I either lost his paperwork or he hasn't really done anything other than make people smile and laugh a lot.
Wow! Ed, when I asked you to put together a list, I didn't think you were going to put together an A-List!!

Seriously, what better coaching could one possibly ask for without attending a school!?!?!
theSteveCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 05:38 PM   #8
MrCrash
King of FAIL

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: CBR600F4, Mojo SL, Anthem X 29er, XTC 29er Composite, XTC 29er Singlespeed
Name: Mikey
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric in Davis
Are you in Davis right now? Come up to South Suck-Ram-Into (Where I'm from - TM Super_Greg ) and I'll trade you for some on-bike footage I took up there. The footage isn't the best, but you can see my lines and braking / throttle points, I can verbally walk you through it and answer any questions you have.

- Mike
Ex AFM / WSMC / AHRMA / AMA Pro Thunder #907
http://www.mrcrash.com
MrCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 07:28 AM   #9
MrCrash
King of FAIL

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: CBR600F4, Mojo SL, Anthem X 29er, XTC 29er Composite, XTC 29er Singlespeed
Name: Mikey
Re: Ken Hill, Gary Jaehne, Doc Wong. Mike Solis at Jan 31st Event!

Quote:
Originally posted by wei7
We also have many other coaches helping out including Mike Solis: AFM, AMA, WERA fast guy riding on his new GSXR 750. Solis brings with him a resume that includes test rider for City Bike Mag, AFM teacher/instructor and known fast guy in AFM and AMA.
Ed, if you did my resume, I'd probably be employed right now

I do have a WERA race win on my resume, but it's an endurance race win, the product of a lot of teamwork. Doesn't take too much team work when you are the only entry in the class though (1st place Lightweight Superbike class, 2000 WERA 24 Hour at Willow Springs)!

"Fast Guy" and "AMA Pro Thunder" can be misleading or even contradicting terms outside of the 5 or so fast guys on fast bikes at the front! So I was one of 22 people who made the trek out to Pikes Peak in 2000, finishing an eventual 12th on my SV. The previous year, an EX500 finished fourth in that race!

In any case, it's an honor to have the chance to help out with people like Ken, Gary, and Doc Wong, each of whom helped me out with their advice at different points in my riding history / racing career. I'm looking forward to the event!
Ex AFM / WSMC / AHRMA / AMA Pro Thunder #907
http://www.mrcrash.com
MrCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 07:51 AM   #10
Chuci
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: it's red....
Name: Jason
What a line-up of not only talent, but the NICEST group of guys on bikes out there! Having met Gary, Doc and Budman, they are serious about helping and enjoy every minute of it - take advantage of this opportunity while we have them captured and shock-collared!

As for Little Big-Head, I - Darth Chuci - and my minions of etch-a-sketch lines on the track will thwart the balanace of the goodness of MMMMM-MMM-GOOD Betty Crocker brownies!

911 FORMER Challenge Master
Returning subversive instigator and shite disturber... :|
Budman: "Yeah, unfortunately, well fortunately I get my own bed. I couldn't take those guys pounding me all night... well, my knee... ummmm"
, DR SLO & L8braker: :|
Chuci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 03:13 PM   #11
Dar25
Weekend Rider

Founding Member

Motorcycles: 2003 600RR, 1999 F4 and 2005 DRZ400SM.
Name: Alex
Wow... very cool!

How the coaching will be structured? Formal signups or informal with multiple riders per person?. Will the coaches be hunting around the track looking for people in need of some 1x1 help?

Thanks again!
Old 01-08-2003, 09:45 PM   #12
wei7
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: duckie
Name:
Hello Dar,

This event will be catered for the C group with at least five coaches. There will be a few groups to split people up and there will be coaches monitoring and pulling people off. We will introduce each instructor at the riders meeting. They will also have a vest so it will be easy to pick them out.

Words to remember "whatever it takes to beat Wei" Budman

BARF Terms of Service
wei7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 05:50 PM   #13
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman
Ed...Can I forgo the vest..since I will have this "" on my back and the "BAY AREA RIDERS FORUM" written above it...

Just talked to Helimot today and I will be hooked up before the 31st.. actually I don't care..just wanted to tell ya..

I am going to ride the Duc..so let's talk tank on Saturday!

Heading to EBAY to look for one any way.

To all B and C folks...you can just catch me in the pits...(that will be easier ) and ask for me to follow/ lead /comment etc...
DONOMAN has first call already..Since I will be riding the new Duc and not the R6 I will have more time to help out as I don't anticipate having to rest from the flying sessions I would be doing otherwise.

Talking about it off the track is an essential piece so make sure to look me up after the session to Chat!

Racism and RIP threads on Barf - FYI
Barf is more than a dub dub dub dealio
Group Rides-The info you need to know
Godspeed Mom
Godspeed Pit Ho
Godspeed Nicky #69
AMA #: 203453
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 06:11 PM   #14
unixgal
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: 98 Bandit 600
Name:
OM Budman, I would like to be 2nd on your list of B group riders who'd like some of your wisdom .

Totally cool on the on your leathers
unixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 11:23 PM   #15
Chuci
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: it's red....
Name: Jason
Quote:
Originally posted by budman
..Since I will be riding the new Duc and not the R6 I will have more time to help out as I don't anticipate having to rest from the flying sessions I would be doing otherwise.

chit... bring the R6 too... RaKitty and I will help break it in....
911 FORMER Challenge Master
Returning subversive instigator and shite disturber... :|
Budman: "Yeah, unfortunately, well fortunately I get my own bed. I couldn't take those guys pounding me all night... well, my knee... ummmm"
, DR SLO & L8braker: :|
Chuci is offline   Reply With Quote