Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > BARF Love of Community > Best of BARF

Old 05-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #61
lokisdog
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2005 gsxr 1000 racebikes, way too many dirt bikes
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by joe
Devin, have you ever raced with any other clubs?
Don't bother with him anymore Joe, he's hardly even raced with us, at least according to the results. One Clubman HW at BW in March 2006, never been on the racetrack since it seems. Still trying to break out of Clubman it looks like (gotta do better than those 2:13's at BW on a liter bike I think Devin) but not trying very hard. He's a Novice Clubman rider who hasn't seem to have actually been on track with us.

Not a very strong position to argue racer safety from Devin, go pop your cherry first then maybe you'll have an opinion based on experience. Maybe your belief that we are all trying to feel superior is actually a reflection of your own inferiority complex, projected onto us?
AFM #235
K@TT Instructor
lokisdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #62
Holeshot
Super Moderator

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor / Barf Racer
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Marshall, you're a standup guy man! It's good to see that attitude BTW. I've got some excellent cap stuff...it's just shame they had to kill him off. Now if only you had some of the early Cherry Poptart issues!

Jay and Devin, I'm unclear as to how you're reading "the AFM is the safest club" into my retort that we racers in the AFM feel a bigger need to be safe, rather than be "superior". in fact, i think most the guys i hang out with are quite accepting of other clubs and racers....and many have a storied history with all kinds of clubs. so, please, don't interject some thoughts that just aren't there.

Devin, I believe you're reading my translation from a different manual than it came from....how did you get from my statement to your conclusion is beyond me. Do you think I'm stoked on a club that can't get it's rulebook tightened up? Your conclusion that AFM'ers are arrogant as their primary characteristic I disagree with. I feel the members desire for safety is the one predominant voice I always have the hear about.

Edit:...and hey Marshall, my appologies for calling you a fuckstain...that worked when you weren't a forum member and now, it's a violation of the TOS. Wonder how this one works! Anyway, RRW just became dynamic for me! Sorry on the call man...
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #63
TWF
training hard

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: sv's
Name:
Marshall,
what you doing on first wednesday next month?we got little meeting here....
trackho,next time you see professional race take look how many bikes have calipers wired.or even better what is wired on those bikes
TWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:10 AM   #64
Sklossmonster

Motorcycles: 2006 GSXR 750
Name:
No worries, Holeshot, more and more I'm starting to see how my articles can be taken the wrong way. Bummer. I kind of wish I would've spent more time talking aobut the good stuff, but it just doesn't make for the same "lessons" material, not to mention interesting reading.

Unfortunately, I don't have any of the Cherry Poptart issues, all old school superhero shit. I'm sure it's worth something to someone, but I'd never part with any of it. Even though DC wasn't really my thing, I still have Superman #21 with the blockjawed hero getting struck by lightning on the cover, with the caption, "It tickles." Classic.

Anyway, glad to meet a few more racers on the West coast. Hope to see some of you on the track sometime, once I climb back out of the financial ruin I've created :-)

Have a good one,

Marshall
Sklossmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #65
Holeshot
Super Moderator

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor / Barf Racer

Will do Marshall...how about a sum up first year do's and don't for Ulridh? THAT would tie it all together oh so neatly!

one day, when i quit this infernal waste of money known as racing, i'm gonna buy a few of the $3K Captain America comics! Or steal your Supe's #21! Cool shit right there!
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".
Old 05-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #66
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman
Quote:
Originally posted by afm199
I'm an AFM racer
no backmark pacer
bad to the bone
on my cellphone.

I get props from the fans
for my 14th place
don't need no tech man
to check my plastic case

I race on weekends
if I got the bucks
and I'll stuff your ass
wit my BARF muck

All my friends tell me
I'm a BAMF
though my girlie sez
I'm a sissy butt and suck.

Chorus:

I'm and AFM racer
get outa my way
I may be slow and old
but I still love to play
Should pass this onto the band Twofingers

Would make for some fun at the next party..

Racism and RIP threads on Barf - FYI
Barf is more than a dub dub dub dealio
Group Rides-The info you need to know
Godspeed Mom
Godspeed Pit Ho
Godspeed Nicky #69
AMA #: 203453
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:11 PM   #67
Racer_Boy
Veteran

Motorcycles: '94 NightHawk 750 RIP, '88 CBR 1000 Stolen, '98 ZX9R RIP, '99 R1 RIP, '00 R1, GSXR 1000 K5, 1098s
Name: Devin
Quote:
Originally posted by joe
Devin, have you ever raced with any other clubs?
CCS & WERA, GLRRA
Old 05-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #68
Racer_Boy
Veteran

Motorcycles: '94 NightHawk 750 RIP, '88 CBR 1000 Stolen, '98 ZX9R RIP, '99 R1 RIP, '00 R1, GSXR 1000 K5, 1098s
Quote:
Originally posted by lokisdog
Don't bother with him anymore Joe, he's hardly even raced with us, at least according to the results. One Clubman HW at BW in March 2006, never been on the racetrack since it seems. Still trying to break out of Clubman it looks like (gotta do better than those 2:13's at BW on a liter bike I think Devin) but not trying very hard. He's a Novice Clubman rider who hasn't seem to have actually been on track with us.

Not a very strong position to argue racer safety from Devin, go pop your cherry first then maybe you'll have an opinion based on experience. Maybe your belief that we are all trying to feel superior is actually a reflection of your own inferiority complex, projected onto us?
Typical. Don't listen to the message, attack the messenger. Some day feel free to ask me why I've only done one race weekend with you guys, but ask me in person at a k@tt or at the races, I'd be happy to discuss this in person rather than online.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #69
Holeshot
Super Moderator

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor / Barf Racer

What exactly is the message Devin? Yes, there's AFM'ers that think their club is the best. Is there something wrong with their thinking or should they be faulted for this?

Why have you only done one race weekend with the AFM? Others experiences are good to hear.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:12 AM   #70
joe
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: are for sundays
Name:
Devin, are you the big dude who used to come into Scuderia every once in a while and talk about riding out in Arizona and crashing big a few times? Not a slam, just trying to put a face to an online name.

Quote:
Originally posted by Racer_Boy
Typical. Don't listen to the message, attack the messenger. Some day feel free to ask me why I've only done one race weekend with you guys, but ask me in person at a k@tt or at the races, I'd be happy to discuss this in person rather than online.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:07 AM   #71
MotoLiam
Lifelove:Forever

2006 Barfie
Moderator Alumni

Motorcycles: are a driving force in my life. They keep bringing me back . . .
Name: Liam
Hey all,

Marshall, good job getting up here on Barf and letting us know a little more about everything. I haven't caught any of the RRW's, but from reading everyone's posts, I can gather a little bit, and maybe one day I'll be able to read the articles you've put together. I think a re-cap article based on what you've learned and reflected upon now that you're sitting out a year is a great idea, especially because you'll be able to analyze how much you really want to get back into racing with all your experience behind you.

Just to chime in and defuse the increasing level of club bashing around here: I've seen a few paddocks so far, and really, the level of professionalism and care put into each bike goes well beyond what a simple tech inspection can ever hope to catch. I don't care what series you race, what kind of bike you race, ultimately it's your responsibility to prepare and maintain your machine, not only for your own sake, but for the riders around you who are trusting you (in some cases) with their lives so that you don't t-bone them in a chicane. I'm seen fairly amateurish mistakes in WSBK, GP's (particularly 125/250), and in US racing, and the bottom line is that while organizations are all different, and their styles are all different, the level of commitment by the teams/riders is what counts. I honestly have almost no experience with the AFM, but I'm friends with a large number of AFM'ers and I can say that they take their racing very seriously, maybe almost too much, haha. I like that they get defensive, I like that they care so much, because it indicates to me that they mean business.

To sum, I know what rules are, how they can be applied, and what it takes to go racing. Over-extending yourself is never a good idea, particularly if you're going to be racing a motorcycle, and proper planning goes a long way towards having a successful weekend. I can now get a bead on what a person is going to be like just by looking at their bike, or even talking to them, because their focus and attention to detail have become quite obvious to me. There are hacks everywhere, in every series, and the more examples that go public can only serve to give notice to everyone else that "Yes, you can improve your game." Keep racing everyone.

BTW, I used to race xr50's. At a go-kart track in Fremont on Thursday nights. Yeah buddy, I know what I'm talking about, bwahahahaha.
MotoLiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:28 AM   #72
Racer_Boy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
Devin, are you the big dude who used to come into Scuderia every once in a while and talk about riding out in Arizona and crashing big a few times? Not a slam, just trying to put a face to an online name.
Yes
Old 05-13-2007, 09:43 PM   #73
lokisdog
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2005 gsxr 1000 racebikes, way too many dirt bikes
Name:
Quote:
Actually I'm not attacking you, just discounting your opinions due to what I believe is lack of experience.

I'd like Berto's question answered, also this one. You seem to have issues with AFM, but make an effort for everyone to think you race with us, you put your number in your sig and in your avatar you have listed the two classes I assume you hope to race one day.

You must admit there are incongruities here, it does make you look more like a poser than the real deal.

But maybe I'm missing something...
AFM #235
K@TT Instructor
lokisdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:49 PM   #74
Racer_Boy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by lokisdog
Actually I'm not attacking you, just discounting your opinions due to what I believe is lack of experience.

I'd like Berto's question answered, also this one. You seem to have issues with AFM, but make an effort for everyone to think you race with us, you put your number in your sig and in your avatar you have listed the two classes I assume you hope to race one day.

You must admit there are incongruities here, it does make you look more like a poser than the real deal.

But maybe I'm missing something...
Your entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that you are missing something, the point. PM Berto, perhaps he'll forward you the pm I sent him answering his questions. I choose to do it privately rather than have a big thread-jacking discussion. As I said before, I'd be happy to answer any question you have in person sometime.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:31 AM   #75
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2005 R6 - 2000 YZ250
Name:
Quote:
CCS & WERA, GLRRA
Sweet ... another ex-GLRRA racer... Eric ran an interesting show. Good times!!!!

"instigating the instigators..."

www.MotoList.com <--- World's best Moto Related Classifieds!!
420 is offline   Reply With Quote