Old 06-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #16
SVJ
Where'd my bike go?

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 1000+300+150+50=:)
Name: -J
Quote:
Originally Posted by 295566 View Post
That's not in the vehicle code, so technically an F150 could split if they had enough room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
There ain't any new "law"
Is cvc 21658.1 not a statutory law?
SVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #17
APpy
Veteran

Motorcycles: zx6r, r1, crf150r, tiger 800
Name: Ananth
Quote:
That's not in the vehicle code, so technically an F150 could split if they had enough room.
What about making a right turn past cars waiting to go straight at a light when there is no explicitly marked right turn lane?

I always thought that counts as lane sharing with your car. Is that legal in other states?
APpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:39 PM   #18
tgrrdr
мочиться муравьев кальмар

Contributor

Motorcycles: Triumph Tiger
Name: Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
From Assy Bill No. 51:

21658.1. (a) For the purposes of this section, “lane splitting” means driving a motorcycle, as defined in Section 400, that has two wheels in contact with the ground...
Quote:
... technically an F150 could split if they had enough room.
technically an F150 has two wheels in contact with the ground (unless it's flipped over). The code section listed above doesn't say "no more than two" or "only two".
tgrrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:50 AM   #19
Maddevill
KNGKAW

AMA #: 542337

Motorcycles: ZX14,GS750E, RM250
Name: Steve
Are you saying that ALL Can Ams are POS or just THAT one? I test rode one and it was pretty fun. Different but fun. We're thinking of buying one so my wife can pilot and I can FINALLY see some scenery. As well as read a book and sip a beer while we're on our way...

Mad
Old 06-14-2019, 06:53 AM   #20
Five Apples

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 85 GPZ900R, 99 SV650 (track)
Name: Bieff
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVJ View Post
Is cvc 21658.1 not a statutory law?
Sorry, it's a definition section, not a citeable section. In other words you can't get a citation for violating 21658.1
295566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:54 AM   #21
Five Apples

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 85 GPZ900R, 99 SV650 (track)
Name: Bieff
Quote:
Originally Posted by APpy View Post
What about making a right turn past cars waiting to go straight at a light when there is no explicitly marked right turn lane?

I always thought that counts as lane sharing with your car. Is that legal in other states?
Don't know, I'm not familiar with other states' vehicle codes. However I doubt an officer would cite anyone for doing that unless it was done dangerously (not sure how that would be dangerous) or if someone pissed in their corn flakes that morning.
295566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:41 AM   #22
edzx6
Veteran

Motorcycles: Suzuki GSXS1000F, KDX220R, CBR600F4, YZF250, DRZ400S, Ninja 250, FZR400
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddevill View Post
Are you saying that ALL Can Ams are POS or just THAT one? I test rode one and it was pretty fun. Different but fun. We're thinking of buying one so my wife can pilot and I can FINALLY see some scenery. As well as read a book and sip a beer while we're on our way...

Mad
I am sure it was fun. I don't like them at all. They make no sense to me. You don't get the advantages of a bike, unless you are willing to drive like a complete a hole and piss everyone off around you, and you don't have the advantages of a car (staying dry, etc.). Please don't pull the usual BARF BS, yes I am aware you can use dry gear and stay dry in the rain. You know what I mean.
edzx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:50 PM   #23
Maddevill
KNGKAW

AMA #: 542337

Motorcycles: ZX14,GS750E, RM250
Name: Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by edzx6 View Post
I am sure it was fun. I don't like them at all. They make no sense to me. You don't get the advantages of a bike, unless you are willing to drive like a complete a hole and piss everyone off around you, and you don't have the advantages of a car (staying dry, etc.). Please don't pull the usual BARF BS, yes I am aware you can use dry gear and stay dry in the rain. You know what I mean.
Wait until you start getting up where I am heading in the future . When you just about can't push your bike around in the garage because your leg muscles are fading. The Can Am allows most of the fun of riding, open air, 360 views , without the physical effort. True they can suck in congested areas like around here, but when I can't physically horse my bikes around I'm probably getting one.

Mad
Old 06-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #24
kneedraggeroldy
Rookie

Motorcycles: FJR1300 R6 KLX300R
Name: Michael
Quote:

Mad
Plus she would now be eligible for a performance award in lieu of you
kneedraggeroldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #25
edzx6
Veteran

Motorcycles: Suzuki GSXS1000F, KDX220R, CBR600F4, YZF250, DRZ400S, Ninja 250, FZR400
Name:
Quote:
Wait until you start getting up where I am heading in the future . When you just about can't push your bike around in the garage because your leg muscles are fading. The Can Am allows most of the fun of riding, open air, 360 views , without the physical effort. True they can suck in congested areas like around here, but when I can't physically horse my bikes around I'm probably getting one.

Mad
Ya know, when I get to that point, I might be on one next to you. Just don't tell anyone.
edzx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:48 PM   #26
TheRiddler
Riddle me this.

AMA #: 1099639
Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: Any of the two-wheeled kind.
Name: Matt
I saw a guy on an R1 do a wheelie between cars while lane splitting through 25mph traffic. There's always worse decisions.
TheRiddler is offline   Reply With Quote