BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Dirty BARFing

Old 05-27-2019, 08:29 PM   #1456
The Toe Cutter
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: small one
Name:
Sounds like a fun day! Bummed I missed it but was able to tear into my 690 trying to figure out why I'm still getting water in my oil. Have a week long ADV trip in June so gotta figure it out before then.

Looking forward to the next event at the property, gonna be great to ride there again!!!
The Toe Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:02 AM   #1457
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '18 Scorpa 300, '14 Gas Gas xc300r, '93 KTM 550 MXC, 2014 500 EXC
Name:
Pretty fun Kraut cup this weekend, weather was about as nice as you could ask for; windy and in the upper 70's with blue skies. Dirt was good just about everywhere with the streams in full swing, entry road to the property was a little muddy and one guy got his RV stuck on the hitch trying to get out.....all said and done a fun weekend.

Made a couple of mistakes in my first loop that hurt my overall score; killed the motor on section 3 for no good reason (went from a 2 to a 5) and missed a gate in section 8 (stupid) and went from a 0 to a 5....ouch. Did well on section 1 all day (2,1,1) which was an EXP line so felt good about that. Didn't die on section 7 although I did go over the front trying to wiggle off a rock. Those rocks were pretty good sized...and steep. Cleaned section 9 once; Robbie said he only had 7 cleans all day on that one even though it was and INT line?! Never got through 10 very well but did have fun overall.

I am enjoying the ADV line and am finally starting to feel ready rather than overwhelmed by it. A good challenge for sure but INT would be boring. Donna and the girls had a good time goofing around, selling lemonade and getting out of the low elevation heat...Finally didn't get stuck in hell traffic on the way home and made it in just under 3 hours....took us 4 1/2 to get up (yuck)

Rocky is in a month, should be more of the same. See you all at that one for sure.
elemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:25 AM   #1458
The Toe Cutter
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
Good report Luke There were some tricky INT sections and seems like I took more points on those than the EXP lines. I 5'd Robby's section by trying to go to fast and front wheel dropped in a hole almost identical to what happened to Sid right before me.

I beat Grosser by 1 point LOL, we were joking about it afterwards. Dan King with the 9 final loop was very impressive.

It was a good trial and was nice to get out of the heat like you said.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:26 PM   #1459
undertheoaks
When in doubt gas it!

Motorcycles: Super Tenere, Sherco 300ST
Name: El Sid
Like you two said great event, forgot how much fun club property is to ride on, those rocks are amazing. I too starting to feel comfortable in the Adv class, and having fun not just scared...lol. Docs want to operate but don't want to rehab for a year that will suck, at least I can ride....lmfao. Going up to the grow this weekend will probably ride Sat morning at the crack of dawn until around 9am before it gets to hot.
undertheoaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:22 AM   #1460
The Toe Cutter
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
Wish I was riding this weekend, will be Sacramento for a wedding from Fri to Sunday. Have fun and keep cool Sid!