Name: Steven
Cold tires?
SNsMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #19
Excite-Bike
Rookie

Motorcycles: 2010 F798GS
Name: Bill
Hey, what happened to my post asking a simple question that sat here for a week unanswered? It got deleted by a site admin for some reason?

Asking a rider who crashed and got severe injuries as a result what gear they had on in the forum called "Crash Analysis" is a deletable offense?

How does that help my "Analysis" of whether or not my own gear is sufficient enough to avoid such injuries? Same for other riders who read this?

Last edited by Excite-Bike; 04-21-2012 at 05:12 PM..
Excite-Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #20
Marcoose
50-50

AMA #: 2818042
Contributor +

Motorcycles: '03 CBR954RR-ish
Name: Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excite-Bike View Post
Hey, what happened to my post asking a simple question that sat here for a week unanswered? It got deleted by a site admin for some reason?

Asking a rider who crashed and got severe injuries as a result what gear they had on in the forum called "Crash Analysis" is a deletable offense?

How does that help my "Analysis" of whether or not my own gear is sufficient enough to avoid such injuries? Same for other riders who read this?
You're new here. Tim is supreme emperor of this sandbox. Look how this post will be deleted in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...
Old 04-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #21
Enchanter
Ghost in The Machine

AMA #: 2815246
BARF Admin
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2007, 2010, 2014, 2017
Contributor ++++++++++

Motorcycles: Attack™-ed R1 & hybrid S1000rr
Name:
Quote:

The CA Forum was set up to learn how to avoid the crash. The events after the crash (insurance, repairs, medical issues, etc.) do not fit here. You may want to PM the OP for the answers to these types of questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataDan View Post
Be resilient. After an unpleasant surprise or close call, get your head back in the game quickly. Learn whatever lesson you can and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal03 View Post
The panties. Unbunch them.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation tends to be the right one.
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

BARF Terms of Service
Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #22
Excite-Bike
Rookie

Motorcycles: 2010 F798GS
Name: Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanter View Post
The CA Forum was set up to learn how to avoid the crash. The events after the crash (insurance, repairs, medical issues, etc.) do not fit here. You may want to PM the OP for the answers to these types of questions.
Then why are a half dozen comments about whether or not it was right to take the crashed rider's helmet (gear) off **after** the crash still there and yet my much simpler (what gear did you have on?) comment was needlessly censored? That contradicts what you just said about it not being a place for comments on what happens after the crash. And putting on the appropriate safety gear is something you're supposed to do **before** you crash or even get on the bike at all anyway.

Last edited by Excite-Bike; 04-22-2012 at 08:18 AM..
Excite-Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #23
Enchanter
Ghost in The Machine

AMA #: 2815246
BARF Admin
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2007, 2010, 2014, 2017
Contributor ++++++++++

Motorcycles: Attack™-ed R1 & hybrid S1000rr
Name:
Quote:
Then why are a half dozen comments about whether or not it was right to take the crashed rider's helmet (gear) off **after** the crash still there and yet my much simpler (what gear did you have on?) comment was needlessly censored? That contradicts what you just said about it not being a place for comments on what happens after the crash. And putting on the appropriate safety gear is something you're supposed to do **before** you crash or even get on the bike at all anyway.
Because those comments are but a portion of those posts. The posts also include crash analysis.

No one is disputing the need for proper protective gear. It just doesn't fit in the CA Forum. To restate it, the CA Forum is for discussion related to learning how to avoid the crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataDan View Post
Be resilient. After an unpleasant surprise or close call, get your head back in the game quickly. Learn whatever lesson you can and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal03 View Post
The panties. Unbunch them.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation tends to be the right one.
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

BARF Terms of Service
Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #24
Earthshine
Reformed Minnesotan

Motorcycles: '99 VFR800 Interceptor
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanter View Post
Because those comments are but a portion of those posts. The posts also include crash analysis.

No one is disputing the need for proper protective gear. It just doesn't fit in the CA Forum. To restate it, the CA Forum is for discussion related to learning how to avoid the crash.
Hmm, just IMO, but I can see how certain notes on gear and the like can also provide a valuable learning experience in crash analysis. For example if a rider is wearing a jacket and still winds up with bad road rash, it can be useful to outline how that happened and to avoid it. How you protect yourself and your bike in the event of a crash can be just as important as how you keep the crash from happening, because accidents do still happen.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:48 AM   #25
sanjuro
Rider

Motorcycles: GSX-R 1000
Name: Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthshine View Post
Hmm, just IMO, but I can see how certain notes on gear and the like can also provide a valuable learning experience in crash analysis. For example if a rider is wearing a jacket and still winds up with bad road rash, it can be useful to outline how that happened and to avoid it. How you protect yourself and your bike in the event of a crash can be just as important as how you keep the crash from happening, because accidents do still happen.
Uh, how would you avoid bad road rash even though you are wearing a jacket? Buy a better jacket?

I mention it because the purpose of this forum is to avoid the crash, and you seemed miss that point as well as trying to point out there is some special training to minimize road rash.
sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote