Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Dirty BARFing

Old 04-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
seavoyage
grunt n00b

Motorcycles: -
Name: Doc
The Carr Ranch April 27 & 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
Hey if you want to come to a good Trial. Try April 27th and the 28th.
Chrome Ca. By willows. Best Trials around. It is a Pits Event and also AHRMA. both paying points. You could run into people like Dick Mann on Saturday. It is on private property and you don't need any sticker, except maybe a spark arrester. check out pictures of the rocky ridge Trial on the Pits web site. click on the picture and video tab.
www.sactopits.org

I am the organizer for this event and it proves to be one of our best.

Hop-Sing
http://www.sactopits.org/wp/wp-conte...geflyer131.pdf

I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it. -Rosalia de Castro

The traveler was active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes "sight-seeing". - Daniel J. Boorstin

Last edited by seavoyage; 04-18-2013 at 08:30 PM..
seavoyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
undertheoaks
When in doubt gas it!

Motorcycles: Honda ST1100
Name: El Sid
You going Seavoyage ? Looks tempting, Im around next weekend ?? Anybody want to carpool ?
undertheoaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
seavoyage
grunt n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheoaks View Post
You going Seavoyage ? Looks tempting, Im around next weekend ?? Anybody want to carpool ?
I'm going on Saturday. Sure let's carpool.

I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it. -Rosalia de Castro

The traveler was active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes "sight-seeing". - Daniel J. Boorstin
Old 04-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
undertheoaks
When in doubt gas it!

Motorcycles: Honda ST1100
Name: El Sid
Whos going this weekend out of the Bay crew of Trials guys and what day ?
undertheoaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
SVJ
Where'd my bike go?

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 1000+300+150+50=:)
Name: -J
I'm going to try to make it on Sunday.
SVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
seavoyage
grunt n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVJ View Post
I'm going to try to make it on Sunday.
Saturday is the better day at Carr's Ranch if you want to run the easier lines (but they will still have the Zero and 1 line) and the AHRMA crowd.

I'm a no go for this weekend. My daughters bike chassis is apart. I dropped off her rear shock at Randy's for revalve/respring - checked out his trials bikes - OMG! His suspension set-up is out of this world! Plus he's got an awesome backyard trials section. Randy is the only person in the US recommended by Adrian and Dale that can probably set up a trials suspension. He does Cody Webb's suspension; and even Adrian's new Ossa - Ohlins were recently revalved by Randy.

Last edited by seavoyage; 04-24-2013 at 01:27 PM..
Old 04-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
SVJ
Where'd my bike go?

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 1000+300+150+50=:)
Name: -J
I can't make it Saturday.

Is Randy local? I haven't heard back from Lewisport...
SVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #8
seavoyage
grunt n00b

Carr Rocky Ridge Trial April 27th & 28th, 2013
Just north of Chrome, CA on Road 306
The Carr Ranch 4683 Road 306, Chrome, CA (near Willows)
GPS Coordinates 39.76384, -122.52412

http://www.sactopits.org/wp/wp-conte...geflyer131.pdf for flyer

Again this year at the fantastic Carr Ranch venue -- AHRMA & PITS event on Saturday.
Saturday lines have been laid out with AHRMA machines in mind.
4 line friendly loop.
AHRMA NW REGION POINTS; yes, this is an AHRMA Event too.

Carr Ranch is a beautiful place, and the Carr's are fabulous in their generosity. Bring you cameras (still or video),
you won't regret it. Or bring your bike and give trials a go.

This year PITS has made it easier than ever for first timers in that you do not need to join PITS or AMA for your
first outing, just pay the event fee.
If you decide you like it, then join. We really have a great bunch of folks in the club, always very helpful and friendly.

The Class A trial on Sunday is usually for a more adept group of riders, but this year the organizer's are trying a Novice Line.
That's right, a NOVICE LINE on Sunday, so you AHRMA riders and newer riders can ride on Sunday too. (No AHRMA Points however).

There is a $10 donation for overnight camping. We hope to see you there.

http://redding.craigslist.org/mcy/3749504868.html

Quote:
I am Organizing a motorcycle Trials event. I need to have 8 official checkers for Saturday the 27th of this month.
We usually have checkers show up but if someone would be interested more club members can ride the event rather than check.
It is fairly easy to learn how to do it, and I can help you get started. the event last about 4 hours and this is not for pay. You will get a free lunch and water, but the experience will last a life time.
Basically if you are not familiar with Trials we have a loop with several {8} sections that Official checkers are at. The riders follow the loop to the sections and then get off their bike and inspect the section and decide the best way to get through it without putting their feet down or crashing. after riding the section the "Checker" then punches the riders card and he heads off to the next section.
This is a very unique Venue as we are having Both AHRMA and The Sacramento Pits ride together. So you will see Old school bike and the most modern.
This is a two day event, and on Sunday we do it all over again but different sections. I will be riding that day and my friends are Organizing it.
This is the closest Trials event for this area and if you can make it even just to spectator I would recommend it. Sign release at scoring table and tell them Hop-Sing invited you. this will be a free pass , although we do have expenses and would accept a donation.
these pictures are from the Black Butte location, very pretty and family orientated. about half hour off the freeway on road 306 by Chrome. if you need any personal info reply to me and I will hook you up