• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Young riders ... 10 reasons why a BARF Rally is a good thing.

budman

General Menace
Staff member
Administrator
Moto(s)
Keep me rocking life
Name
Budman
BARF perks
AMA Life Member #203453
I figured I would highlight a few reasons why a BARF Rally is a good thing for younger generation or newer riders.

1. Routes are defined. No brain damage.
2. Lodging is defined. No brain damage.
3. You can grab 2 or more friends and basically do your own thing with a group of cool as hell older riders who will welcome and support you.
4. Some of those OG’s will share routes, drag you along and show you the party does not stop after you turn 40.
5. If you have issues you will have experienced and good people to help you.
6. Some of the OG’s are cool as hell and you will be thinking I wish my Dad (or Mom) was this cool.
7. You will come to find that being mature does not mean riding slow and bring you a feeling that you can rock this for decades to come. (You can).
8. OG’s dig meeting the younger/new riders and many will buy you drinks. :Port
9. They carry tools you might need :laughing
10. You can show us that we are weak for calling it a day at midnight and party on. (You may be surprised).

For real it is a great opportunity to get your feet wet on a moto journey and have a great time.

I always enjoy showing younger riders I ain’t slow. :teeth.

Consider it. Bring your Dad (or Mom or wife or a friend). They will have a blast too.

Those are great reasons Budman! Yeah it is fun to show the young guys that you don't have to be slow when you get older!

I have ridden with a friend for 30 years. He is 79 and just gave up his dirt bike but is still fast as can be on the backroads! And loves to show young guys how it is done!

Long live Old Farts!!!:afm199

I have an issue with #10.
I'm pretty stoked to make it past 9:30.

felt in the past that BARF Rallies just were “not for me,” until some peeps told me I had to do the BARF Hoho/Weaverville rally, because it was awesom, and turned out they were right ... :laughing:ride

Agreeing 100% with Budman!

It is intimidating being the new person in a group but you will find many friendly faces ready to welcome you to the moto tribe on a BARF rally. If you get overwhelmed you can always retreat to your hotel room for a bit :laughing

Guaranteed you will find some like-minded folks and probably leave with a new riding buddy or two.

See y'all in Taft!

11. You will get pictures to create lasting memories. At least when you look at them. :teeth

12. You will find a cool place to party that you might not know even existed. :Port

I truly hope we find a new younger crew who will dig it.

I wish I had the opportunity to do it with my friends 30 years ago. I can only imagine the advantages of additional trips that would have led too.

Young and bad ass whipper snapper.

You get it. :ride

#13 Budget Friendly - Just pay your own expenses. No fancy-shmanzy touring company. Just folks like you who love motos and will help support your ride...for free!

#14 Safety Factor - Riding with others can be a safety net. Learn more skills, have others with you in case of problems. Less worry from your spouse, mom, or boss.

#15 Cali Conscious - see and ride more of this beautiful and varied state :ride

I'm a young whipper snapper (at heart) when I put on my helmet which I'm doing more of lately!

and I can sure as s**t show you a thang or two)

#13 Budget Friendly - Just pay your own expenses. No fancy-shmanzy touring company. Just folks like you who love motos and will help support your ride...for free!

#14 Safety Factor - Riding with others can be a safety net. Learn more skills, have others with you in case of problems. Less worry from your spouse, mom, or boss.

#15 Cali Conscious - see and ride more of this beautiful and varied state :ride

All true. :thumbup

Weaverville had a bunch of people in their 20's.

One of the things I like about Barf rallies is the wide range of ages, riding styles, types of bikes and the multiculturalism of the attendees.

Weaverville had a bunch of people in their 20's.

True...And we have had quite a few over the years. Dad and Son too at Hawthorne. It is easy to pass that fact by and that is part of the reason I posted this thread.

One of the things I like about Barf rallies is the wide range of ages, riding styles, types of bikes and the multiculturalism of the attendees.

True for me as well. So many flavors and often ice cream too.

Back