budman

General Menace
Moto(s)
Keep me rocking life
Name
Budman
BARF perks
AMA Life Member #203453
Colorado has joined the modern era of motorcycles in traffic by allowing lane sharing.

It is not awesome like CA but the 3 year trial is underway.

Colorado, Utah, Arizona and Montana have joined CA in allowing this.

Appears California's codification of the law is filtering across the country.
As I expected a slow roll, but it is rolling. :thumbup

Last edited:
Do I see another celebration at the DNA Lounge?
I wanna see Fish demo another air vest on stage. :party

The key point here, from what I read, is that traffic has to be stopped. So, I don't see this happening on, say, freeways. It's more for lights at intersections.

Depends on how zealous enforcement is.

But, the bright side, is it can accustom drivers to have bikes between them, enjoy the joys of rev bombing, and mirror flipping.

Then, later, maybe they'll open it up for regular traffic.

Yep, it is coming,
"Back to the Future", time line feature, when something was to disappear, as in a change of history. It would start fading away thru translucence, to nothing.
OR,
The reverse, when something was to "come into being", it would start to fade in the same way.

My question, is there a new face on a mountain in South Dakota?
A good squint may reveal, something, someday, of a Bad Kobazz, grinning away.
:afm199:Bap:frankie:twofinger:Pirate

Last edited:
:laughing @ CDONA

@ Jeff - That was great fun! :Port

Yeah.. like I said it is not the CA cool law. We have the best!!! That could try to be changed and we will be back in action :dunno

Baby steps. I have heard the Coloradicals have been agressive towards any moto who may try to split so a little initiation is a good start.

The key point here, from what I read, is that traffic has to be stopped. So, I don't see this happening on, say, freeways. It's more for lights at intersections.
It's still better than the Utah law where not only must traffic be stopped, but the speed limit must be 45 or less. So you can't do it in stopped freeway traffic. If traffic is stopped, how is the speed limit of the road relevant? :wtf

Still, I would even take that flawed law here in Idaho, where it is still totally illegal.

It's still better than the Utah law where not only must traffic be stopped, but the speed limit must be 45 or less. So you can't do it in stopped freeway traffic. If traffic is stopped, how is the speed limit of the road relevant? :wtf

I'm guessing they just want it off of the freeways, but didn't want to say "keep it off the freeways".

It's all vague and trying to be situational. 90% of the time, it's when there's cars jammed at an intersection. At an intersection, it's mostly straightforward -- light changes, bikes zip up ahead. Intersection traffic is not "stop and go", it's "stop, then go".

On the freeway, its stop and go. It's also dense enough that you can't simply pop back into lanes when the cars go from 0 to 1+ MPH (i.e. no longer "stopped"). So, now you're in that wiggle room of ridding between moving traffic.

Next thing you know, traffic is doing 30, you're doing 45. Which is not their intent.

Good step in the right direction with some knots and nuances to massage out.

California has much fecal matter but this is not one of them at all

Colorado has joined the modern era of motorcycles in traffic by allowing lane sharing.

It is not awesome like CA but the 3 year trial is underway.

Colorado, Utah, Arizona and Montana have joined CA in allowing this.

Appears California's codification of the law is filtering across the country.
As I expected a slow roll, but it is rolling. :thumbup

That is good news, thanks for sharing!

I've ridden across the lower 48, west to east, north to south, etc., and when in the other 47 states that don't allow lane sharing, it was a drag at times.

[...]But, the bright side, is it can accustom drivers to have bikes between them, enjoy the joys of rev bombing, and mirror flipping.[...]

I really hope you're joking about that!

I'm amazed. I lived in Colorado for 28 years and commuted by motorcycle for a number of them. Sitting in traffic on I-25 for 1.5 hours in the summer is brutal. Hopefully they will allow filtering in that case.

Awesome! :cool:thumbup:ride

Back