• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

4/28/24 - Sunday - Fairfield to Placerville - Pasties Lunch Run

matjam

Crusty old UNIX engineer
Moto(s)
2022 Ducati Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak
Name
Nate
I don't get to eat pasties enough so I'm riding to Placerville on Sunday to a Pastie bakery. They may also do pies. There are other places to eat in Placerville, but thats where I'm eating.

KSU 9am from Cordelia Starbucks: 4490 Central Way, Fairfield, CA 94534

Rough route is about 300 miles round trip from Fairfield. So its a full day. I have two planned gas stops, we'll be retracing our route on the way back.

AdARK8Q.png

I've ridden most of the first half of this (I've not checked out the detour to Birds Landing yet) and its as entertaining as it can be crossing the valley. Should be more interesting once we hit the twisties up in the Sierras.

Weather: high of 72 at Sutter Creek, 70 at Placerville, 78 in the Valley. So, warm at its peak, but nothing extreme, more cool in the mornings. It will be sunny.

Please gas up when you arrive and be ready to go by 9am.

Pace: Brisk, but not crazy. Just look at the route. We aim to be in Placerville by a bit after midday. If you think you can do 150 miles in about 3 - 3.5 hours and keep that pace going all day, then this ride will be fine for you. And we will be stopping twice each way for breaks/gas. So plenty of time to hydrate.

If you are actually IN please say so. If you say you are in and you're running late for the meet let me know so I can wait - as long as its no more than 10-15 minutes. Prefer it if you just get up. Please try not to make people wait.

Last edited:
Nah, Cornish Pasties. Savory meat and / or veg wrapped in pastry and baked.

I have yet to find an Aussie Meat Pie shop to ride to. There's some bakeries around the bay that do them of course, but I've yet to get to one.

Last edited:
it sounds delish. i have a styling appointment at 5:00 in the city. pondering whether i can get back in time. :laughing

Last edited:
yeah, Pasties are :flame as the kids say these days. Mum used to make them on the regular when I was a kid and I miss them :-(

Whelp, guess I read that one wrong. Apparently AI bot has the same connotation and blocks the word pasties. Still, a girl can dream. Have a great, delicious ride.

Attachments

• C317028A-8224-46B9-B556-0320644FC2EB.jpeg
    C317028A-8224-46B9-B556-0320644FC2EB.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 120
Looks like a nice ride. We did a ride to condition the wives** Tuesday. Back roads to Jackson and lunch and then up Hwy 49 to Moke Hill and then Paloma road and Hwy 26 back to Stockton. The foothills are still emerald green and beautiful. I have a Orthopedic appointment this morning on my OEM knee. Depending on what the Dr says I may make the ride, I will post up if I can make it.

** Three of us are going to the Swiss Alps in June with our wives on the back. 15 days of twisties and they need to get used to being a passenger again.

that's a tasty run! I'm not well now/this weekend, but post up next time, will join you :ride:thumbup

Can't make this weekend, but, good to know about that spot since I tend to find myself in Placerville a few times a year it seems.

Nate, hope you have a great ride tomorrow. Let us know how the pies taste. My last OEM knee is now bone on bone. Got some meds that help but not ready for a long ride.

Nate, hope you have a great ride tomorrow. Let us know how the pies taste. My last OEM knee is now bone on bone. Got some meds that help but not ready for a long ride.

Time for a replacement.

Have you tried complaining to the manufacturer? I hear the response rate is pretty poor but you never know.

Whelp. Since nobody else can go I might do this another time. Mrs Mat does not enjoy me riding in unfamiliar roads solo. So I’m not going to push that.

Im about 15 minutes from that Meetup Location, I can make the ride with you sometime! Had some moto issues this weekend that kept me in the car sadly

likely to try to run this again this sunday. I'll post another thread.

Back