49 Mile Ride - Sunday, October 29

65_ dreamer

Moto(s)
Mostly vintage 1960's era Hondas with a more modern BMW and an Italian Harley thrown in.
It's that time of year again.....

49 Mile Ride.jpg

Will I see you again this year, John?

It's that time of year again.....

View attachment 559373

Will I see you again this year, John?

:wave

I hope so! it’s always fun to have a reason to ride down to Red’s Java Hut in the morning and look at the vintage bikes and see old friends … :gsxrgrl

Are there age requirements for this ride?

guess it used to be an Antique Motorcycle Club of America affiliated ride, which has a 35 years rolling cut off for membership, making my 1988 water cooled, fuel injected K75s a bike worthy of the AMCA. :facepalm:laughing

From the beginning, the purpose of the club has been the “preservation, restoration and operation of old-time motorcycles.” Members of the AMCA own, restore, preserve, study or just admire motorcycles that fall into the antique category, meaning they are at least 35 years old.

nice turn out:

picture.php

picture.php

think I counted a total seven BARF Baja veterans on Sunday morning … :party

people would enjoy seeing a kick-start, air-cooled, carb’d Yamaha—I think of SRX600s as being from 1988? and SR500s would be fun to see, too … :dunno

it’s a epic moto scene, usually, and my modern bike friends often show up in the morning just to see them roar off. :ride

edit: I see Mr Pete Young, 49 Mile Ride organizer, had “all old bikes welcome (pre-1975, if possible)” on last year’s flyer, and is just going with “all old bikes welcome” this year … ‘75 is the Moto Melee cut-off for bikes eligible for that ride, up recently from 1970 (this 49 Mile Ride tends to be sorta a Moto Melee crew, if not a BARF Baja crew) … :blah

Last edited:
Oldest bike I have is a 2008 KTM, probably not old enough I assume... might have to show up for the send off.

While I don't have a vintage bike I do consider my bike to be an 'Instant Classic' and nobody gave me a hard time for showing up and riding along last year. I might have noticed quite a few newer bikes last year but not sure :angel:later

It was a fun ride and a lot of really cool bikes.

If anyone needs a vintage bike for these events, pm me and I will sell you my one of a kind 66 Honda cb450 bobber. Veteran of one of the first dirbag challenges.

Attachments

• IMG_20190712_131221.jpg
    IMG_20190712_131221.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 12
If anyone needs a vintage bike for these events, pm me and I will sell you my one of a kind 66 Honda cb450 bobber. Veteran of one of the first dirbag challenges.

you've been trying to sell that thing longer than GooF2 has been looking for another streetfighter :laughing

Just you wait, Some day I'll find 1 of the 5 people in the country who pay it more than lip service for being such a cool looking bike and actually want to own it.

And one day I will find the SHOP to do the motor on my Kawi 500 and join the ride. Some will recognize it as a '75. Hopefully I would not be thrown off the grid. :teeth

And one day I will find the SHOP to do the motor on my Kawi 500 and join the ride.

CW Racing in Campbell. Chris definitely knows his vintage 2-strokes, and you can chat about the old 'hood :thumbup

Back