• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

5/5 - Placerville Lunch Run - Take 2

matjam

Crusty old UNIX engineer
Moto(s)
2022 Ducati Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak
Name
Nate
KSU 9:30am from Cordelia Starbucks: 4490 Central Way, Fairfield, CA 94534

I don't get to eat pasties ever so I'm riding to Placerville on Sunday to a Pastie bakery. They may also do pies. There are other places to eat in Placerville, but thats where I'm eating. A pasty if you don't know:

Rough route is about 300 miles round trip from Fairfield. So its a full day. I have two planned gas stops, we'll be retracing our route on the way back.

AdARK8Q.png

I've ridden most of the first half of this (I've not checked out the detour to Birds Landing yet) and its as entertaining as it can be crossing the valley. Should be more interesting once we hit the twisties up in the Sierras.

Weather: high of 60 at Sutter Creek, 56 at Placerville, 66 in the Valley. Pretty cool without being freezing, so great time to be crossing the valley. Note, if the rain scheduled for Saturday pushes into Sunday morning we may do something else, such as Middletown.

Pace: Brisk, but not crazy. Just look at the route. We aim to be in Placerville by a bit after midday. If you think you can do 150 miles in about 3 - 3.5 hours and keep that pace going all day, then this ride will be fine for you. And we will be stopping twice each way for breaks/gas. So plenty of time to hydrate. But we will not be dicking around in the morning because the more time we waste on the way there, the more rushed you are heading back.

Important:

Please gas up when you arrive and be ready to go by 9:30am.

If you are actually IN please say so. If you say you are in and you're running late for the meet let me know so I can wait - as long as its no more than 10-15 minutes. Prefer it if you just get up. Please try not to make people wait.

KSU 9:30am from Cordelia Starbucks: 4490 Central Way, Fairfield, CA 94534

Well now....starting right in our own backyard! Wife and I are headed out of town for a concert tonight but will be back tomorrow afternoon and I will chat with her about her interest in this for Sunday as I am not sure what is on our schedule at the moment as I myself just got back into town from a bridge inspection. We will confirm by tomorrow afternoon/night if we can make it and pace is not an issue for us two up. Cheers!
Michael

We are going to have bail on this one. Forgot an appointment we have at 1245. Hope you get to go with potential weather

Just saw this as I was thinking of doing my mt hamilton loop but this sounds fun. I'll see you in Cordelia by 930.

Was a great day thanks for coming!

The route totally works. We left at 9:45 and were done by 5. Not too much slab either.

Back