• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF Vintage Cafe motos for-sale finds ...

Moto(s)
KLR, K75s, TR7V, FXSB
Name
John A.
BARF perks
AMA #2917550
00p0p_1lPYqbi3O7C_1200x900.jpg

1976 Kawasaki KZ900 ... $7800

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/6013938265.html

00q0q_dL9vTHmvT4j_1200x900.jpg

[youtube]9r6o4V3ZZf8[/youtube] Skip to 3:40 to hear it run

Last edited:
1979 Can-Am 175 Qualifier

image9.jpg

$1250 (Oceanport, NJ) :ride
Edit: guess it sold quick, craigslist ad removed

"Canada is not a country you normally associate with motorcycles, but in the early 1970’s a then small company, Bombardier (pronounced Bom-bar-dee-ay (or eh! as its Canadian!), launched the MX-1 a 2 stroke motocross bike that in its inaugural year captured gold, silver and bronze medals in 1973 ISDE and 1st 2nd and 3rd in the 1974 AMA motocross championship. The world sat up and suddenly associated Canada with dirt bikes."
http://www.canned-ham.com/index.php/history/

"Following on from Can-Am’s continuing success at the ISDT, they launched their new Qualifier model, a purpose made enduro bike that replaced the trail bike TnT. The bike was generally similar to the MX-3, but featured a detuned Rotax engine, mainly through the use of a different rotary value that focused the engine on torque rather than outright power. The bike featured typical enduro type accessories such as aluminium skid plate, snail cam adjusters, quick release wheels, grab handles, leather tool pouch and centre stand. All typically found on modern bikes but quite a revolution when it was launched.

The key difference with the Qualifier was that it was a purpose designed enduro model. Whereas the TnT was really a street trail bike, the Qualifier was a machine focused on competition."
http://www.canned-ham.com/index.php/the-bikes/qualifier/

... see you at the 2017 Sheetiron, ha! :afm199

... plus, it's OMC orange ... :laughing

Last edited:
^^love it

... yes, I love the old competition Triumphs, too ....

My friend Merlin took this pic on the AMA Dist 37 LA to Barstow to Vegas
dual-sport ride ... would love to find a cheap
'74 T100C for the Sheetiron easy-splits ... :laughing

... guess I'd have better luck finding a cheap Larry Berquist-Gary Preston-Baja-type
'68 Honda SL 350 ... :dunno
... then I could do the Moto Melee on a pre-'71 bike, ha ...

Break time is over.
I saw a buncha those vintage bikes
pass by so I wanted to go ride with them.

20161126_030923-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Original 1970 Triumph T100C

00f0f_12GFDD1Q73v_1200x900.jpg

Original 1970 Triumph T100C - $4999 (Brookings, Oregon)

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/6039876826.html

... oh well, my SI Triumph is never gonna happen at that price ...
... think I paid $2500 for my TR7V ...
also think I read the '73 T100C is the best engine ...? :dunno

Honda SL 350 prices are all over the place,
and I suppose I don't want to take up
garage space with an old Honda ... :laughing

(golly, I'm bored at work ... :party)

Last edited:
Hey now, don't bash old hondas.
They can do just fine offroad with the right mods, like a custom hardtail....

Attachments

• 20160721_112253.jpg
    20160721_112253.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 35
That hill climber, no back brake, small front one, and that magneto looking very vulnerable when looped out from under you. Open velocity stacks, no fender, top end rebuilds, the price you pay for performance. The knobs cut off the tire took some time to do.
Either a high maintenance every weekend contender, or a low buck, local hill, once a year toy.

Hey now, don't bash old hondas.
They can do just fine offroad with the right mods, like a custom hardtail....

... love that hardtail! :ride
... my first racebike was an '85 Honda FT500 ... :afm199

That hill climber, no back brake, small front one, and that magneto looking very vulnerable when looped out from under you. Open velocity stacks, no fender, top end rebuilds, the price you pay for performance. The knobs cut off the tire took some time to do.
Either a high maintenance every weekend contender, or a low buck, local hill, once a year toy.

... yes, I tried to find out about the original owner to see if I could glean any history of the hillclimber ... no luck ... think it was
a New England bike, so lots of garage time in the winter ... :laughing

Back