• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cardo Freecom 2X

taylormade21

Moto(s)
'17 FJ-09, '06 GSXR 600
Anyone on here use the Cardo Freecom 2x duo?
Looking into getting this for me and the wife. The Sena units we have seem to have issues utilizing the feature to share music while still having the ability to talk to each other and some other issues.
So, does anyone have real world experience with the Cardo Freecom 2X unit? I’d like to know if the following is possible…
- Can rider A share music with rider B and still be able to talk as the music volume cuts out then resumes?
- Can rider A listen to music while rider B doesn’t and still be able to talk as the music volume cuts out then resumes?
- Can rider A and rider B listen to their own music playing from their own devices and still be able to talk as the music volume cuts out then resumes?

let me know if this is or isn’t possible with the unit.

Following. I have the Cardo Packtalk Bold duo. Not sure about the Freecom2x.
I do know the following is true with the Bold
" Rider A listen to music while rider B doesn’t and still be able to talk as the music volume cuts out then resumes"

EDIT: One other thing. When you say Hey Cardo to give instructions rider B can not hear Hey Cardo or the instruction.

Last edited:
Some of the Cardo and Sena units will do all of the above. You're going to have to do some research. Both man'f have charts that allow you to compare features of their model. I have a Sena Evo 20S and a Cardo Black/Bold and both do all of the above.

I have scoured the interwebs, youtube and even went over the user manual and haven't found a consistent answer. Even on the manufacturer website, it states "in most cases...". So that's not definitive enough for me.
I've also reached out to Cardo and am waiting their response...if I don't hear anything I might just call.
In the meantime...hoping for personal, real word experience from the BARF

Looks like all the Cardo systems, including the Freecom 2X, have audio sharing so you're good to go. Try giving Richard a call at RKA luggage in Cloverdale. He is a Cardo retailer and is usually very helpful.

I used this feature frequently when my daughter would ride with me as cupcake. We had the Cardo Q3 units. Its an older unit before DMC. Now we all have Packtalks and she likes her own music so we haven't used it on any of the new systems. But cardo doesn't reduce the capabilities of subsequent models so I would guess, with relative certainty, that it would work as well on the Freecom.

Anyone on here use the Cardo Freecom 2x duo?
Looking into getting this for me and the wife. The Sena units we have seem to have issues utilizing the feature to share music while still having the ability to talk to each other and some other issues.
So, does anyone have real world experience with the Cardo Freecom 2X unit? I’d like to know if the following is possible…
- Can rider A share music with rider B and still be able to talk as the music volume cuts out then resumes?
- Can rider A listen to music while rider B doesn’t and still be able to talk as the music volume cuts out then resumes?
- Can rider A and rider B listen to their own music playing from their own devices and still be able to talk as the music volume cuts out then resumes?

let me know if this is or isn’t possible with the unit.
I think we have done all of the above, even though this "- Can rider A share music with rider B and still be able to talk as the music volume cuts out then resumes?" was by accident.. also used sena 10s for many years prior, was very happy, yet felt adventures due to the fact that cardo seemed to be smaller, more streamlined in size..

Pleased with my Freecom for me and pillion, but can confirm that it WILL NOT share music AND have intercom functionality. It's one or the other, you choose.

Pleased with my Freecom for me and pillion, but can confirm that it WILL NOT share music AND have intercom functionality. It's one or the other, you choose.
Well that’s disappointing to hear.
Which Freecom unit do you have?

welp...I finally received a response from Cardo via email. But in the meantime, I had also called and spoke with a customer service rep. Below are their responses in regards to the Freecom 2X specifically:
email response:
-no to intercom communication when "sharing music".
-yes to intercom communication when just listening to music from your own device and same goes with passenger on their own music device.
(But can't if music is being "shared" unless I physically toggle between the 2 different options.
phone response:
-yes to intercom communication on all accounts when listening to music even when music is being shared and confirmed that across the board whether sharing music or not, the music will cut out when talking and resume with talking stops.

So, to say the least....heavy sigh...I'm almost at my wits end with the inconsistent information.

Back