• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

More or less. I believe Challenger is a derivative of the Chrysler LX platform. Which was the Charger, Magnum, and 300 initially. LX has components from W211 and W220 from there at the time parent, Daimler-Benz.

So yes, the 2023 Challenger and Charger are based on what is probably the oldest architecture in the automotive business.

that is wild. mercedes and dodge parted ways looong ago so did dodge just take over manufacture of the various components they use or is mercedes still using them elsewhere also, thus able to be a 3rd party supplier for stellantwhatever?

that is wild. mercedes and dodge parted ways looong ago so did dodge just take over manufacture of the various components they use or is mercedes still using them elsewhere also, thus able to be a 3rd party supplier for stellantwhatever?

Partnerships might end, but vehicles designed around certain parts won’t stop using them until that car’s cycle is done.

I still see fairly recently made Land Rovers with “FoMoCo” stamped on some of the parts.

1965 Cobra

329217801_1020072452287719_4833099855221746598_n.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like 1000hp hybridized supercars come out left and right now. Here is the offering from the raging bull, the Ruvuelto…

cover_m.jpg

corpo1_m.jpg

corpo2_m.jpg

but not having anyone in the driver seat.

The driver had to go to work at their second job to pay for all the gas it uses.

I’m sure the Durango is a little bit better, but we had a Ram TRX get traded in and I got to peek at gauges. It was showing 7.4mpg for the long term average.

I really don't like this new trend of slapping a touchscreen on the passenger side of the dash. I don't get why that's even remotely necessary. Could probably shave a few pounds from leaving that out and just keeping a couple physical buttons in the center stack...or keep it restricted to the center tablet (which, again, I'm also not a huge fan of, but at least this one doesn't seem like quite the monstrosity other cars have implemented and it's at least better integrated into the lines / design of the dash).

I really don't like this new trend of slapping a touchscreen on the passenger side of the dash.

I don't think that's offered for any practical reasons. It's there just to wow your passenger(s) or anyone that peeks into your expensive ass car.

You don't want to be the only supercar at cars and coffee to have the same boring interior now do you?

Jaw dropping for sure...

1680111705_7d6b1639-e6fd-4c07-bb67-483c8a9981e1_mmthumb.jpeg

1680111643_fa6d543d-af8f-4da5-87bc-98705aa43fe5_mmthumb.jpeg

I kinda sorta like the “passenger” screen for only one reason. It gives a bit of symmetry (other than the steering wheel of course) to the whole dashboard in some of these screen heavy vehicles instead of just a plain piano black panel over there. See what I mean?

834922327-jp022_270gcdrkng6kv2clc4fvu2l8ic1s3bq_720x540_720x540_720x540.jpg

b-P19_0572_a3_rgb.jpg

I honestly don’t know what the passenger gets to fiddle around with on their screen, but I am almost certain it would annoy me. But I like the look of it on dashboards like this.

That said. On something that has a very driver centric dashboard, the auxiliary display is just silly. Like they need to see you tachometer like they’re going to tell you when to shifting whatever. Just sit there and enjoy the ride.

ferrari-269-gtb-sexiest-version-sustainable-can-buy-09.jpg

Jaw dropping for sure...

1680111705_7d6b1639-e6fd-4c07-bb67-483c8a9981e1_mmthumb.jpeg

1680111643_fa6d543d-af8f-4da5-87bc-98705aa43fe5_mmthumb.jpeg

Hmmmmm, me thinks that this Camaro has been "tweaked" a bit.
Grill looks like the base '67 Sport Coupe, painted black and two bars above and below the round signal lights. But this car also has turn signals below the bumper.
The hood has scoops (Super Scoops) and were an option on the RS/SS and Z28's. Not enough detail to say if they were '67 scoops (long, straight grill lines down them, '68 and '69 had 4 square inserts in each scoop).
Front fender looks like a '69, based on the long narrow running light, '67's didn't have running lights, '68's had more of a square light that was a bit lower in the fender.
'67's also had door vent windows, '68 and up didn't. From the pic it doesn't look like it has vent windows.
Taillights for the RS models for '67 - '68 were solid red with backup lights below the bumper. Base models and the SS's / Z28's had the red/white (backup lights) lenses as in the car above, plus this car also has what looks like backup light below the bumper.

Does this plate make my ass look big ?

319810819_1308799759885999_267380579249377211_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, me thinks that this Camaro has been "tweaked" a bit.
Grill looks like the base '67 Sport Coupe, painted black and two bars above and below the round signal lights. But this car also has turn signals below the bumper.
The hood has scoops (Super Scoops) and were an option on the RS/SS and Z28's. Not enough detail to say if they were '67 scoops (long, straight grill lines down them, '68 and '69 had 4 square inserts in each scoop).
Front fender looks like a '69, based on the long narrow running light, '67's didn't have running lights, '68's had more of a square light that was a bit lower in the fender.
'67's also had door vent windows, '68 and up didn't. From the pic it doesn't look like it has vent windows.
Taillights for the RS models for '67 - '68 were solid red with backup lights below the bumper. Base models and the SS's / Z28's had the red/white (backup lights) lenses as in the car above, plus this car also has what looks like backup light below the bumper.

I love the picking up on the minutiae but not mentioning the Big Glass Hatchback....😁

Pretty cool amalgamation of generations. The reverse with trucks can be cool too, late 60's with the 88+ bed.

Back