• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Insta360 X3 with a old RODE boom mic. The exhaust clipped the audio. I have to adjust the db setting on the mic.

Oh cool. Was wondering if it was one of those 360 cameras. Might do something like that for my next track day.

Insta360 X3 with a old RODE boom mic. The exhaust clipped the audio. I have to adjust the db setting on the mic.

345927755_793695978777939_5511106710139598066_n.jpg

I had a Go Pro with an external mic mounted in mid air in the trunk in my mustang. It was perfect.

Morro Bay car show,

My first pix, I can't figure out what these mirrors do/view.
There are other mirrors (both sides) that take the side view, this is custom all the way and chromed.
View angle may be able to shoot a view forward from the back seat without looking thru the windshield, or hanging the camera out the window in the breeze.

Passing eye mirror.

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/207511-passing-eye-mirror

Kinda neat, kinda not. Look great on the right ride, though.

New DJI wireless mics

Trying out the DJI wireless mics on a short drive.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1uAhOYLRzM[/YOUTUBE]

While unobtanium for likely everyone on BARF, the madness of this thing's performance is undeniable. 1.4G of acceleration and 0-400KM/H-0 in under 30 seconds...

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSp2CN-XQX8[/YOUTUBE]

Those seats are pretty sick. But the rest of the interior looks a little too Tonka truck for me…but so does the exterior I suppose.

Are those seats also an exoskeleton?

Have you driven a colorado? We have a new one at work, they're pretty bad. Remember the sound of any old pos chevy car, like a beretta or cavalier from the late 80's? They sound like that. I'd be so sad if I bought one new and then drove pretty much anything else. Some new cars are so lame that it makes me wonder how anyone buys them new, which someone kinda has to do if they're ever going to show up used. Bless 'em for taking the hit and absorbing all that regret for the next owner.

Does it look any better without Rain?
After my last BMW. Started Hemorrhaging oil everywhere I gave up on that company..

Last edited:
Rains a lot in Bavaria, so we may never know...

(The intro was on the shores of Lake Como... apparently raining quite a bit there as noted in the F1 thread.)

Attachments

• IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Have you driven a colorado? We have a new one at work, they're pretty bad. Remember the sound of any old pos chevy car, like a beretta or cavalier from the late 80's? They sound like that. I'd be so sad if I bought one new and then drove pretty much anything else. Some new cars are so lame that it makes me wonder how anyone buys them new, which someone kinda has to do if they're ever going to show up used. Bless 'em for taking the hit and absorbing all that regret for the next owner.

I haven't, but that did enter my mind a bit.

The new Tacoma sounds pretty good for a 4 banger, IMO.

The Tacoma has a more power because they’ve cheated and slapped an electric motor on it. The new Colorado still has a pretty healthy torque number because it’s a massive 2.7L.

I haven’t dove deep into the Toyota powertrain, but out of the two I am more impressed with the Colorado. That engine was made specifically for truck duty and also made specifically for turbocharging. The savagegeese guys on YouTube have a super in-depth video coming on it.

But I’m not completely stupid here. Of course the Toyota will most likely be more reliable. The hybrid setup will I’m sure net you better mileage. And if history holds true, the resale value on the Tacoma will be amazing.

Did Toyota finally ditch the drum brakes?

Yes they did. Finally.

Forgot to mention another reason why the Colorado powertrain is better. Max towing on Colorado is 7700lbs. Toyota hasn’t released full specs yet, but they did say the max available towing is like 6600lbs I believe. Which probably means the smaller cab configuration while the Colorado is crew cab only.

Back