• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Only took them...literally...decades to do it. Which is even more hilarious considering they actually have a video posted on YT where one of their engineers attempts to rationalize why they still were using drum brakes on a $50K vehicle. That video is still posted, BTW.

As for the rest of it, looks like they just tried to minimize the Tundra...and the interior still looks cheap and plasticy...but that's also Toyota's M.O. so...

Last edited:
and the interior still looks cheap and plasticy...but that's also Toyota's M.O. so...

It is. Every Tacoma, Tundra, 4Runner, etc I’ve seen in recent years is just swimming in this chunky plastic look they’ve got going on.

So we’re actually in a bit of a rare time. All of the mid size trucks are new. Yes, even the Nissan Frontier…that actually got redone last year I believe. So who did it best? Toyota has a gigantic infotainment screen, but it’s in this continuing trend of it sticking up from the dash. A look I really just don’t like (and I stare at everyday in my Acura). They’ve all at least got physical buttons for HVAC and some kind of knob somewhere for drivetrain mode. But as far as I can tell, the Chevy is the only one with a prominent auto start/stop disable button (it’s on the row of switches below the HVAC). A button I absolutely know I’d be pushing every single time. Nissan, despite being fairly new, has the most dated looking interior already. You’d think this one came out a decade ago.

2024-Toyota-Tacoma-TRD-Sport-Interior.jpg

2024-ford-ranger-raptor-dashboard-carbuzz-958765-1600.jpg

2023-chevy-colorado-dashboard-1024x512.png

2023-nissan-frontier-dashboard-carbuzz-808516-1600.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...l-specs-release-pics-hybrid-model-added.1308/

Holy shit the new Tacoma is absolutely going to dominate. I was cross shopping the Colorado with it, but this reveal just destroyed any other options for me. TRD Pro it is.

1684443181231-png.3751

1684443181351-png.3747

Dominate? Hmmm, not convinced on that. Might want to check out the '24 Colorado, Chevy's bringing back the ZR2 Bison.

As for the first photo... Pure photoshop! How do you drive a truck into a swampy, bog without get the tires muddy? Oh, I know... dropped it in via helicopter. (Ha, ha, all the companies photoshop their pics).

Second pic... Damn, needs a bigger touch screen! :rofl Looks like a total after thought and stuck in the center of the dash.

Yes, I looked at the Taco but the Colorado ticked off more of the boxes.
Enjoying my '21 Bison.

Attachments

• ZR2 Bison.jpg
    ZR2 Bison.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 16
We need a Truck thread!

Now back to "Cars that make your jaw drop".

Last weekend at the Laguna Seca, IMSA races at the Cadillac Corral.
Here's what a 1000HP CT5-V (Gen 3) looks like.
Lingenfelte heads, Kooks headers w/full exhausts, Magnuson Supercharger and other cool stuff.
Car was driven down from Seattle.

I got to drive the CT5-V Blackwing (Gen 4) car w/6 Spd manual w/668HP! Sooooo :cool
But what actually surprised me was the V Escalade with 682HP - 653Ft/lb torque. Super impressed, total blast to drive!
As for the GTP race, Porsche qualified 1, 2, Cadillac 4th and 6th.
But after the race start the Cadillac 01 (Sébastien Bourdais · Renger van der Zande) car quickly moved to the front and stayed there. The #31 Cadillac and the #6 Porsche were running 2 and 3 nose to tail. With about 10 minutes left they were setting up to "lap" about 8 slower cars coming into Turn 2. Unfortunately, one of the GTD cars pushed the #31 Cadillac wide and the Porsche slipped past into second place.

Final: 1st - Cadillac #01, 2nd - Porsche #6, 3rd - Cadillac #31

Attachments

• CT5V Gen3 1000HP2.jpg
    CT5V Gen3 1000HP2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 15
  • CT5V Gen3 1000hp a.jpg
    CT5V Gen3 1000hp a.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 18
  • CT5V 1000HP Eng.jpg
    CT5V 1000HP Eng.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 17
FWIW, the auto start/stop disable button on the Ranger is just below the parking brake button in the center console. The picture just obscures it. It's the same place Ford puts it on the Exploders.

New Taco seats set up so you don't spill your cocktail while on the trail...

Last edited:
I got to drive the CT5-V Blackwing (Gen 4) car w/6 Spd manual w/668HP! Sooooo :cool
But what actually surprised me was the V Escalade with 682HP - 653Ft/lb torque. Super impressed, total blast to drive!

Either one of those. Last of their kind.

If I could only have just one car, that CT5 Blackwing would have to be it.

Did you get to hear the factory “crackle tune” on the Escalade when you decel? I’ve heard it a couple times in some YouTube reviews and think it’s just hilariously awesome

The CT5 V Blackwing is a really sweet car and manual is super fun. Love it, but would have to sell one of my V's to get it! :cry
Only got into 4th once! The Caddy rep with me told me I couldn't put it into "Track" mode but did let me play with it in "Sport" mode. :laughing
When we pulled out onto 68 he said "ok, get on it"! Shit don't ask me twice!!!
FAWK that thing is FAST and SMOOTH.. 1st and 2nd shifts were right at 6500rpm redline! It is QUICK.

Now the really rare "Blackwing" is the late '19 - '20 CT6 V Blackwing (the real Blackwing 4.2L, 550HP, 627ft/lb torque, DOHC, Twin Turbo , All Wheel Drive car) Only ~1475 cars made with the Blackwing motor, ~984 Blackwing V's with 550HP and ~491 Blackwing Platnium cars with 500HP.
I've only seen one of these V cars.

Now that Escalade... it's definitely got a bit deeper growl to it and sounds awesome. And barks when downshifting with the paddles. It is truly something else and for a 6200+LBS vehicle it fricking moves. 0-60 in less than 4.5 seconds. It is just bad to the bone. :wow :party :teeth

Last edited:
Now the really rare "Blackwing" is the late '19 - '20 CT6 V Blackwing (the real Blackwing 4.2L, 550HP, 627ft/lb torque, DOHC, Twin Turbo , All Wheel Drive car) Only ~1475 cars made with the Blackwing motor, ~984 Blackwing V's with 550HP and ~491 Blackwing Platnium cars with 500HP.
I've only seen one of these V cars.

They are indeed super rare. I saw one get traded in a couple years ago. Engine looks like a bloody nightmare to work on. Had the crazy Bose Panaray system too.

Yeah, crazy! Something like 34 speakers. Talk about "surround-sound".
Don't think my ears could even pickup on all the nuances! :laughing

Yeah, crazy! Something like 34 speakers. Talk about "surround-sound".
Don't think my ears could even pickup on all the nuances! :laughing

I think that Escalade V you drove has a pretty bonkers audio setup too. Since the V is essentially is a Platinum trim model trim, I know it comes with the top of the range KEF (?) system. Speakers in the headrests just like the old Bose Panaray.

The multitude of speakers in modern cars is getting a bit absurd I think. I wanna say I have 17 speakers in my Acura including 4 right in the headliner. To be honest, I can’t really hear them unless I put my ear right on them.

I'm not exactly a Truck guy. I like the new Tacoma. It looks pretty good. While I don't like it as much as my favorite vaporware egg (
Canoo-Pickup-Front-Snow.jpg
) I'd be pretty interested in some sort of 'TRD Taco Prime' PHEV version.

It is. Every Tacoma, Tundra, 4Runner, etc I’ve seen in recent years is just swimming in this chunky plastic look they’ve got going on.

So we’re actually in a bit of a rare time. All of the mid size trucks are new. Yes, even the Nissan Frontier…that actually got redone last year I believe. So who did it best? Toyota has a gigantic infotainment screen, but it’s in this continuing trend of it sticking up from the dash. A look I really just don’t like (and I stare at everyday in my Acura). They’ve all at least got physical buttons for HVAC and some kind of knob somewhere for drivetrain mode. But as far as I can tell, the Chevy is the only one with a prominent auto start/stop disable button (it’s on the row of switches below the HVAC). A button I absolutely know I’d be pushing every single time. Nissan, despite being fairly new, has the most dated looking interior already. You’d think this one came out a decade ago.

Ranking... Nissan comes in last place. It looks cheap TBH.

Next, #3, I think Ford gets this slot. I don't like landscape because anything at the bottom requires fully looking away from the road.

#2 Goes to Chevy. They get bonus points for not making the screen stupidly large. They lose more points for the buttons looking small, not like things you can easily handle with thick gloves on.

#1 to the Taco for the big red button. the splash of color on the interior, and the chunky glove friendly looking buttons. Also extra points for locating the vent above where a hand goes instead of putting it directly pointed at where the hand goes with a 10-2 hand position on thew wheel. All of the other trucks do that.

Next, #3, I think Ford gets this slot. I don't like landscape because anything at the bottom requires fully looking away from the road.

It's fairly unlikely that the majority of Rangers will be equipped with that screen. I can almost guarantee that those pictures are from the Lariat trim which is the top level and the smallest number of sold units. The XLT, the mid-level and most common trim, will likely be half that size if not smaller. There's also a fair chance the XL trim won't have any screen at all.

I think that Escalade V you drove has a pretty bonkers audio setup too. Since the V is essentially is a Platinum trim model trim, I know it comes with the top of the range KEF (?) system. Speakers in the headrests just like the old Bose Panaray.....

Ha, ha... never occurred to me to turn on the "radio" as I was already listening to some pretty epic "music"! :laughing

It's fairly unlikely that the majority of Rangers will be equipped with that screen. I can almost guarantee that those pictures are from the Lariat trim which is the top level and the smallest number of sold units. The XLT, the mid-level and most common trim, will likely be half that size if not smaller. There's also a fair chance the XL trim won't have any screen at all.

I think all of them are top spec. the Ford has Raptor branding, the Chevy ZR2.

I think all of them are top spec. the Ford has Raptor branding, the Chevy ZR2.

Yeah I wasn’t about to be showing stripper models. Though I believe the Toyota gives you a screen no matter what. Just the TRD and Limited trims have a big screen. 12” vs 8” or something like that.. Also believe that you get a screen in the Chevy no matter what.

Last edited:
Back