• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Ok so this one is definitely a jaw dropper. Astons if anything, are some of the nicest looking cars out there. And the newly announced 2024 DB12 looks quite nice. Based on the existing AM platform architecture. The mighty V12 goes the way of the Dodo, ending quite a run for Aston Martin, and the sole offering is a newly revised version of the AMG sourced 4.0 V8 twin turbo. Now good for 670hp. Unpopular opinion, I think it sounds better than the now discontinued 5.2 V12 twin turbo. Once they put turbos on that engine, it killed the soul of it.

And finally we get an interior that looks state of the art. When DB11 launched in 2017 and even worse when Vantage came out in 2019, their interiors already looked so far behind the times. Can’t give you prices yet, but figure at least a quarter mil to start.

2024-aston-martin-db12-123-646e1d6217920.jpg

aston_martin_db12_57.jpg

aston-martin-db12-interior.jpg

Ok so this one is definitely a jaw dropper. Astons if anything, are some of the nicest looking cars out there. And the newly announced 2024 DB12 looks quite nice. Based on the existing AM platform architecture. The mighty V12 goes the way of the Dodo, ending quite a run for Aston Martin, and the sole offering is a newly revised version of the AMG sourced 4.0 V8 twin turbo. Now good for 670hp. Unpopular opinion, I think it sounds better than the now discontinued 5.2 V12 twin turbo. Once they put turbos on that engine, it killed the soul of it.

And finally we get an interior that looks state of the art. When DB11 launched in 2017 and even worse when Vantage came out in 2019, their interiors already looked so far behind the times. Can’t give you prices yet, but figure at least a quarter mil to start.

2024-aston-martin-db12-123-646e1d6217920.jpg

aston_martin_db12_57.jpg

aston-martin-db12-interior.jpg

The interior is, indeed, very good.

However, that looks like a demented caricature of an Aston Martin. There are like 8 crease lines on the hood, that weird double side skirt thing, and the lights just look... off, and that oversized monster of a grill.... ugh.

I honestly think Aston peaked with the DB9 in terms of design. :twofinger

I think all of them are top spec. the Ford has Raptor branding...

Still, the Lariat/Platinum trim in the F-150 is very similar from a center stack standpoint as the Raptor is, just like Platinum/ST trim is for the Explorers. And yeah, press kits will always have top trim versions since that's more flashy, but I really wish I could see XLT trim as that's what really matters to me. I suspect most others as well.

However, that looks like a demented caricature of an Aston Martin. There are like 8 crease lines on the hood, that weird double side skirt thing, and the lights just look... off, and that oversized monster of a grill.... ugh.

Vanquish S you mean. The last and best of the VH platform cars. The DB9 is essentially the starter V12 Aston from the VH cars. DBS was much better (and got used in a Bond movie), and then Vanquish topped the range.

aston-martin-vanquish-s-2.jpg

Anyways the big grille thing…everyone does it now. So it’s the styling trend. It is a bit functional in this case though. Many performance vehicles have huge cooling packs now. Also with auxiliary ones to the sides of the one in the usual place.

The “double side skirt” is an option. If you want the car to look a bit more class and less hauling ass, you can elect to not have it.

Vanquish S you mean. The last and best of the VH platform cars. The DB9 is essentially the starter V12 Aston from the VH cars. DBS was much better (and got used in a Bond movie), and then Vanquish topped the range.

aston-martin-vanquish-s-2.jpg

Anyways the big grille thing…everyone does it now. So it’s the styling trend. It is a bit functional in this case though. Many performance vehicles have huge cooling packs now. Also with auxiliary ones to the sides of the one in the usual place.

The “double side skirt” is an option. If you want the car to look a bit more class and less hauling ass, you can elect to not have it.

Nah, purely from a 'what is prettiest' IMO the DB9 is better.

2016-Aston-Martin-DB9-GT-111-876x535.jpg

I still like the DBS and Vanquish S so this is nitpicky, but the 3 section grill with the black plastic, and the elongated bulge on the doors, I think detracts from the design.

I'm not thinking about performance at all with this, just the looks.

I was thinking the same thing. And the front and rear wheel openings look like they belong on different cars.

DB9 is sweet. But the Vantage...

Still, the Lariat/Platinum trim in the F-150 is very similar from a center stack standpoint as the Raptor is, just like Platinum/ST trim is for the Explorers. And yeah, press kits will always have top trim versions since that's more flashy, but I really wish I could see XLT trim as that's what really matters to me. I suspect most others as well.

I don't get those pimped-out trim levels at all. Well, I guess I do, from the manufacturers' perspective... Ka-ching! My '17 F-150 RCSB is an XL. It's a 5.0 with bolt-ons and suspension mods, plus a set of factory 20s. It's light, quick, and comfortable. 23 mpg on the freeway. $30K OTD, but had to go to a dealer in Turlock to get it; the local dealers had nothing close to that spec. When I see some of those high five-figure price tags...

I don't get those pimped-out trim levels at all. Well, I guess I do, from the manufacturers' perspective... Ka-ching! My '17 F-150 RCSB is an XL. It's a 5.0 with bolt-ons and suspension mods, plus a set of factory 20s. It's light, quick, and comfortable. 23 mpg on the freeway. $30K OTD, but had to go to a dealer in Turlock to get it; the local dealers had nothing close to that spec. When I see some of those high five-figure price tags...

Agreed. The last F-150 I had was a 2017 STX crew cab 2WD with the 2.7TT. 25 MPG all day long and tons of room. Sure, it didn't have heated/power seats, a moonroof, automatic climate control or a massive touchscreen with navigation. But it did have CarPlay and honestly that was enough to do literally anything tech-wise that I needed to do and it towed/hauled anything I needed for a grand total of $33K OTD. Only had to go to Gilroy to get it which wasn't a big deal for me at all. And yeah, you're right, the areas of the country where people use their trucks for more than posing or as a "lifestyle vehicle" always have the better selection of something outside of fully loaded or even highly loaded trim levels and still offer more than just crew cabs.

Last edited:
F1 at Monaco tomorrow so I'm posting this onboard from the Monaco Historic GP a few years ago. 1958 Maserati 250F inline six getting a work out. Big fun at 6:15. Be sure to watch all the way through to the celebration lap at the end after the champagne is sprayed.

I've probably posted this before so the repost police can get out your citation books now.

[YOUTUBE]CMxG5UOBhBY[/YOUTUBE]

Skip to around 2:40 if you only want the fun part.

[YOUTUBE]ipZg3x9PTQs[/YOUTUBE]

The stereotype about BMW drivers applies even in motorsports. :laughing

(Yes, I quoted myself... :laughing )

Well, the builder is live and, amazingly, all trims to include the lowest level 'XL' have that same center display as well as fully digital gauge clusters. I get that they're doing what they think the public wants the most and certainly from a logistics standpoint it's probably easier for them in terms of manufacturing in the modern market, but I think Ford made a mistake by going this route.

Last edited:

Well, the builder is live and, amazingly, all trims to include the lowest level 'XL' have that same center display as well as fully digital gauge clusters. I get that they're doing what they think the public wants the most and certainly from a logistics standpoint it's probably easier for them in terms of manufacturing in the modern market, but I think Ford made a mistake by going this route.

Absolutely cheaper to just build them all the same way and let software determine what options you get to use on the screen. But yeah, there are a whole bunch of people who absolutely hate/can’t with all these new fangled screens and just tech in general (saw some clown in traffic yesterday still holding their phone up to their ear in a brand spanking new BMW 4 series). It will just force those people to stay in their older trucks with all the analog buttons and knobs, or they will look elsewhere for their next truck.

Looking closely I think some of them are a few inches smaller. They all fit in the same space though, lower trims just have an inch or so of plastic framing.

This just keeps getting better:

NASCAR Garage 56 Wins Le Mans Pit Stop Challenge With a Floor Jack

"In the run-up to the 24 Hours of Le Mans, teams compete in a pit-stop challenge to see who can change four tires quickest. NASCAR's Garage 56 effort—which won hearts and minds with a stunning showing in Sunday practice—just beat all the GTE teams with a time of 10.364 seconds. And unlike any of the GTE teams, the Hendrick Motorsports crew had to use a floor jack."

See the video of the winning pit stop challenge on Twitter.

This makes me happy...

...'Cause I've got a bitchin' Camaro.

[youtube]c-YeSG4xxog[/youtube]

Digging some American muscle!!! :flag :thumbup

Ferrari, but what is the name of it??

This certainly made my jaw drop. Spotted in the Sonoma Safeway parking lot sporting dealer plates. What the heck is this one called? My googling failed to find it.

Attachments

• Ferrari.jpg
    Ferrari.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 24
Great to see the Hendricks boys win the PSC. Not a huge surprise given how many stops these guys do in a given race, but solid win!

Shaun: Ferrari Roma.

Back