• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Here's some onboard video. The quality isn't great but its still cool.

[YOUTUBE]DMQaqkW0iuE[/YOUTUBE]

Big Boy comin' through! :laughing

picture.php

Good racing across all three classes! Just wished MotorTrend would have spent more time covering the LMP2 and GTE-AM classes.

Congrats to Ferrari, Toyota, and Cadillac. (Cadillac #2 car in 3rd, and Cadillac #3 car in 4th) :thumbup
And Corvette 1st in GTE AM class!

The Camero ZL1 (NASCAR - Hendrick Motorsports, “CDNT Class" - Car Demonstrating New Technology), ran a pretty clean race. I think their first priority was to finish the race rather than going "balls to the wall". They finished 39th overall. Ha, ha... coming soon, look for NASCAR races in Europe.

The rain definitely tested the cars and drivers. Sad to see the #311 Whelen - Action Express Caddy "bin-it" in the wet half way through the first lap. They were able to drive the car back to the pits on three wheels but lost ~16 laps before repairs were completed and back in the race. Pretty impressive charge back to finish 10th in Hyper car class and 17th overall.

Interestingly the Peugeot cars seemed to do better in the wet with slicks than the others. Also, Peugeot is the only car that doesn't run the tall, long center fin and big wing.

Attachments

• Peugeot-9X8.jpg
    Peugeot-9X8.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 18
  • FERRARI.jpg
    FERRARI.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 18
Impressive win by Ferrari.

GM really did well at LeMans.

Why they continue to use the Cadillac name is beyond me as I'm not sure it helps sales.

Might as well call them Chevys.

Impressive Ferrari won in a 1 year old car.

And that’ll be the last class win you see there for Corvette Racing. GM is done fielding factory teams after this year for the Corvette. They’ll be happy to sell the Z06 GT3 car to privateers who want to run the C8.R in the IMSA Weathertech series. But as far as the FIA goes, they’re all done.

Why they continue to use the Cadillac name is beyond me as I'm not sure it helps sales.

Might as well call them Chevys.

Impressive Ferrari won in a 1 year old car.

Starting with the V-Series and now the Blackwings they're going after European performance sedans. Getting the name out there with the blue bloods seems like a righteous marketing move. :dunno

Starting with the V-Series and now the Blackwings they're going after European performance sedans. Getting the name out there with the blue bloods seems like a righteous marketing move. :dunno

Evidently 54 percent of Caddy buyers are now under 54 and the sales of the CT4 and CT5 are up significantly recently so I guess it might be working after all.

https://motorandwheels.com/car-buyer-owner-brand-demographics/

https://cadillacsociety.com/2023/01/04/cadillac-sales-numbers-united-states-fourth-quarter-2022-q4/

And that’ll be the last class win you see there for Corvette Racing. GM is done fielding factory teams after this year for the Corvette. They’ll be happy to sell the Z06 GT3 car to privateers who want to run the C8.R in the IMSA Weathertech series. But as far as the FIA goes, they’re all done.

I guess with the Corvette selling above msrp they think "why bother."

I guess with the Corvette selling above msrp they think "why bother."

The Ferrari Purosangue (hell if I know if that’s spelled right) is sold out for at least a couple years. Every series production sports car they’ve made in the past couple decades, and forget about the special editions, hasn’t exactly been a car that’s just sitting brand new in some dealer inventory somewhere collecting dust. Long story short, Ferrari absolutely doesn’t need the hype to move units. Yet they still go racing.

I personally think it’s a mistake for GM to abandon the racing team. Especially now that they offer the C8 in right hand drive plus the integration of electrification. They need to keep that Corvette name going around tracks all around the world more than ever now that the car is more than just an America only kinda thing.

The Ferrari Purosangue (hell if I know if that’s spelled right) is sold out for at least a couple years. Every series production sports car they’ve made in the past couple decades, and forget about the special editions, hasn’t exactly been a car that’s just sitting brand new in some dealer inventory somewhere collecting dust. Long story short, Ferrari absolutely doesn’t need the hype to move units. Yet they still go racing.

I personally think it’s a mistake for GM to abandon the racing team. Especially now that they offer the C8 in right hand drive plus the integration of electrification. They need to keep that Corvette name going around tracks all around the world more than ever now that the car is more than just an America only kinda thing.

Are you saying US companies can be very short sighted? :laughing

Back