• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

GM really did well at LeMans.

Why they continue to use the Cadillac name is beyond me as I'm not sure it helps sales.

Might as well call them Chevys.

Impressive Ferrari won in a 1 year old car.

Oh No, No, No, No........... Don't call 'em Chevy's!

Cadillac, in the quest for more smoothness and refinement, developed the cross-plane crankshaft V8 and introduced it in 1923.

Also, Cadillac is celebrating it's 20th V Series Anniversary this year.
In 2004, Cadillac Racing took home first place at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring endurance race.
Hmmm, where to put my decal?
2004 CTS-V R race car
Partial to the 2013 CTS V R Coupe at the Corkscrew

Attachments

• Cadillac 20th V Series Annivsary.jpg
    Cadillac 20th V Series Annivsary.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 2004 Cadillac CTS V R racecar.jpg
    2004 Cadillac CTS V R racecar.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Cadillac 2013 CTS V R Coupe.jpg
    Cadillac 2013 CTS V R Coupe.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 18
I am partial to the 2011 CTSV in my driveway. :teeth

A friend has one of the 4 PM cars.

lag_0286-720_800x600-jpg.80645

^^^^ Very :cool

(How's that XR doing?)

I'm also partial to the 2017 ATS V R :)

Attachments

• 2017-Cadillac-Racing Pirelli World Challenge.jpg
    2017-Cadillac-Racing Pirelli World Challenge.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 19
GM really did well at LeMans.

Why they continue to use the Cadillac name is beyond me as I'm not sure it helps sales.

Likely a budgeting thing. Cadillac has a sizable racing budget to be used, somewhere.

Evidently 54 percent of Caddy buyers are now under 54 and the sales of the CT4 and CT5 are up significantly recently so I guess it might be working after all.

A CTS-V is a brutal piece of machinery. They excel VS competitors in a track environment with repeated lapping.

The Ferrari Purosangue (hell if I know if that’s spelled right) is sold out for at least a couple years. Every series production sports car they’ve made in the past couple decades, and forget about the special editions, hasn’t exactly been a car that’s just sitting brand new in some dealer inventory somewhere collecting dust. Long story short, Ferrari absolutely doesn’t need the hype to move units. Yet they still go racing.

Further proof of the increasing wealthy getting wealthier. BAT is excellent for that metric.

I'm also partial to the 2017 ATS V R :)

Would love to drive one on track!

We did a bit of Truck talk earlier, so, I'll put this here, another (probably vaporware) EV maker has a nifty idea for a truck, and it seems like they are going to compete against my favorite egg pickup.

yellow-selects-006-studio-render-648a03294fcbd.jpeg

What a little cutie. It's the size of a mini but somehow they fit a bigger Truck bed than the Rivian truck has on it.

Are wheels that are open from the front like that even street legal?

I see no way crumple zones will work in that thing. Price point will determine if something ugly can (kinda) sell.

I did a Google image search on that truck and came up with nothing. You sure it isn't a screen capture from a bad video game?
Here is an article on it. It's all CGI, of course, so, bad video game is not too far off. :laughing:laughing
https://electrek.co/2023/06/13/telo...ize-of-a-mini-with-a-bed-as-big-as-a-hummers/

I see no way crumple zones will work in that thing. Price point will determine if something ugly can (kinda) sell.

We'll see, the company specifically references crumple zones so they at least claim to have it figured out, but, again, this is the 'EV startup' space, which is essentially code for 90% vaporware and dreams.

I think there could be plenty of businesses who see the value in a vehicle like this. For normal consumers.... maybe, maybe not.

i wonder i the buyer has to sign a waiver that it's an experimental vehicle and by using it you might die? because it seems that's pretty likely in any kind of collision

Do you think they replaced the starter with a button from an elevator door, and got rid of the steering wheel in favor of an Xbox controller?

2023-Porsche-Le-Mans-Oliver-Blume-Camping-6-1024x576.webp

The CEO of Porsche camped out during the 24hr LeMans race with company employees (that's him with the gray shirt) with a rather nondescript black 911 with a rooftop tent.

Ha, ha... with a support crew / vehicle just in case! :laughing

I want a support crew / vehicle when I go "glamping"! :x

Nothing that wasn't open to the 400 others (Porsche employees/family) that were there... :dunno

That’s because he spent the weekend with his employees, at the Porsche Employee Camp. Capable of holding up to 400 people, the automaker offered 200 tickets to the event (so that people could bring a plus one) that employees could enter to win by lottery.

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/06/porsche-ceo-actually-camped-at-le-mans-in-the-roof-tent-of-a-911/

Back