• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

The guy musta made his fortune on those little green army men toys....

attachment.php

I dig it.

Attachments

• IMG_1290.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 198
Lordstown Motors, RIP. BK filling...

The Goodwood Festival of Speed started today. Lots going on this year with tributes to Lotus, McLaren, Ken Block, and several current and former MotoGP/500cc racers and a wild assortment of race cars and bikes from every discipline.

Highlights from today:

[youtube]T91D6LdQwCY[/youtube]

^^^ Thats really cool. Does it come with a proportionate size controller?

I'm disappointed that it's not remote controlled :x

Also, Google kart cross

Someone taking a trip out of SFO decided to park their Acura NSX Type S in long term parking....

Can you guess what happened?

Aura-NSX-Type-S-Wheel-Theft-4-1024x575.webp

^^^ Thats really cool. Does it come with a proportionate size controller?

i think the pedals and other controls are proportionate to the size of the driver

Someone taking a trip out of SFO decided to park their Acura NSX Type S in long term parking....

Can you guess what happened?

Aura-NSX-Type-S-Wheel-Theft-4-1024x575.webp

nothing says Fuck With ME like a car cover in a parking garage, that said: fuck thieves

Question??
What years are the desireable ones for a Miata? smog, weight, power, transmissions
I have an '07 tickling my wants here in Cottonwood, 6 speed, power retractible hard top, leather, fancy wheels @ $11,900.
Any insight?

Last edited:
Question??
What years are the desireable ones for a Miata? smog, weight, power, transmissions
I have an '07 tickling my wants here in Cottonwood, 6 speed, power retractible hard top, leather, fancy wheels @ $11,900.
Any insight?

That is called an "NC" the third generation.

1989-1998 was the NA, in two iterations, the 1.6 liter NA1 followed by the 1.8 liter NA2 (I have had a 1994 NA2 since new); think the one with the pop up headlights. Those are the most "desirable" to most. The last one had 133hp (mine has 129) and weighed about 2300lbs.

1999-2005 was the similar NAB but without popup headlights. Gained about 150lbs and engines now 142hp thought there was one year with a turbo. They are starting to increase in value especially the turbo with 177hp.

2006-2015 was the NC, with a new 2 liter engine with 170hp. About 2500 pounds. Generally a less desirable but still excellent car, still looked a bit like the original just a bit pudgier and more luxurious inside.

2016 to present is the ND. The ND1 with 155 hp 2350lbs followed by the identical looking ND2 in 2019 with 181 hp.

The NC you are looking at is certainly worth a test drive.

All Miatas exepct the early ND2s are very reliable, the early ND2s had transmission problems Mazda fixed under warranty.

KBB says the price being asked is way way high though for the car you are considering. They say under $8k.

What makes it "worth" that much in the eye of the seller?

Thanks for this, great info about what I need to know.
I figured this '07 would be a porker, with all the power gismos,

This dealer buys the "better stuff" across the board, with low milage, and it is properly displayed to induce motor lust.
I'm tempted for that test drive, in the name of knowlage!!

I got my head tweeked a couple of weeks ago by grocery shopping. Red Miata, topless, older woman all done up in a sundress for Sunday.
She was putting power moves on breaking hearts that morning, with all the right toys.

Thanks for this, great info about what I need to know.
I figured this '07 would be a porker, with all the power gismos,

This dealer buys the "better stuff" across the board, with low milage, and it is properly displayed to induce motor lust.
I'm tempted for that test drive, in the name of knowlage!!

I got my head tweeked a couple of weeks ago by grocery shopping. Red Miata, topless, older woman all done up in a sundress for Sunday.
She was putting power moves on breaking hearts that morning, with all the right toys.

Well, use KBB as a resource for sure.

I test drove an NC once and it was not that different an experience from my NA to be honest, I'd say more comfy/luxurious and certainly more compliant in ride.

It was fun so assuming you aren't well over 6 feet, you'll actually fit! :laughing

Everyday Driver tested all four generations of the Miata back to back and one of the two preferred the NC.

I forget which one the other much taller guy preferred.

Here's the episode; well worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6HFEaZi5mI

And this is a solid Road and Track article on the subject.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a35292695/mazda-mx-5-miata-buyers-guide-every-generation/

Last edited:
KBB's been a hard resource to trust since we hit the supply shortages, IME and FWIW. I'd do an eBay "sold listings" search and see what units are selling for there as well as take a look through Carsandbids.com and see what that markets doing. 07' is old enough, it's specialty, especially if it has upgrades and is lower miles.

Of course forums are great resources, but it's going to be had to tell what deals actually closed at in listings. GL!

Back