• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

A few from Livermore Altamont Cruisers yesterday

puP4MCf.jpg

vsosCKx.jpg

bERQwA6.jpg

llThSPx.jpg

QHnXm5c.jpg

5ePo6cQ.jpg

2cy8Lnd.jpg

8axykIL.jpg

^^^Thanks for the car show pix. :thumbup

All new Toyota Lego...er Land Cruiser is ready cruise lands.

2024-toyota-land-cruiser-002-64c92ce7ec91e.jpg

2024-toyota-land-cruiser-013-64c92ce9988a1.jpg

2024-toyota-land-cruiser-004-64c92ce81a834.jpg

2024-toyota-land-cruiser-005-64c92ce7e11e5.jpg

Watched a video from MotoMan (criminally underrated YouTuber) from the launch event. One of his points was that the final year of the last Land Cruiser people were paying ridiculous six figure prices for it. Then when it was gone, people bitched and complained that it was gone. But other than the final year, for many many year before that nobody here in America really bought it. Americans who had that kind of money would rather buy something with more “flex” like the Lexus version or Merc GLS/BMW X7/etc. So while Toyota continued the new gen of the “real” Land Cruiser on in the form of the new Lexus LX, they knew they had to do a proper takedown model. So now we get this smaller gutted thing with a Land Cruiser badge on it.

I can’t blame Toyota for the styling. Bronco is selling like hotcakes so the blocky upright windshield look with retro vibes is definitely in at the moment.

I imagine the upcoming 4Runner will be a takedown model of this new Land Cruiser. I’m thinking a similar thing to Bronco-Bronco Sport.

Suspect lots of shared parts with the new Tundra in the new LC as well, controlling design elements.

Thanks, even worse...

It's the Land Cruiser Prado everywhere else in the world. The Prado has been in the NA market for years as the Lexus GX, with no Toyota badges version

Toyota has a small but vocal following of customers that want the real deal LC and they want it badged as such. You saw it a bit I assume with my search. Equivalent model 200 series landcruiser sells a little bit higher than the Lexus version LX. When new the Toyota was basically the same price as the LC, so the first owners that seem to be swayed by the status or the increased comfort or whatever of the Lexus offering got that instead of the Toyota.

The new Prado based LC is certainly ruffling feathers among the LC faithful but it'll sell well I predict. Hybrid drivetrain and an offering price a little lower (may not stay that way?) Than the Bronco is going to be very appealing to the people that would like a bronco for the overall form factor but don't want the more truck-ish nature. I'm interested

I met my BIL here in Livermore at the LLWS. First time I've seen his new car.

It has an Arrington 426 Hemi installed and a bunch of other stuff.

A pretty cool modern day hot rod.

8iMAZ50.jpg

AWapi8d.jpg

l6NWk7E.jpg

1yKJBIz.jpg

Auntie: The Landcrusier you have is a neat piece. I don't get the feeling the Prado will be the same.

Ken: that's way sick. The Magnum SRT wagons are cultish. You BIL's is way....

Back