• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Attachments

• Rezvani Tank .jpg
    Rezvani Tank .jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 19
Obligatory conniption fit about fitting a 4'x8' sheet of plywood.

That concept looks good.

A "speculative rendering" (aka "Fan Fiction") of an LC truck...

Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Prado-Pickup-Rendering-1-1024x576.webp

This one, I like.

Obligatory conniption fit about fitting a 4'x8' sheet of plywood.

Does anyone really still do that with a non-full size truck anymore anyway? :dunno

Hell, I rarely even see people in full size trucks doing that anymore. Something like 80% of all new vehicle sales in this country are trucks or SUVs. I sincerely doubt even a third of the sales are for people that are buying it for work purposes. Trucks have become lifestyle vehicles.

Does anyone really still do that with a non-full size truck anymore anyway? :dunno

Hell, I rarely even see people in full size trucks doing that anymore. Something like 80% of all new vehicle sales in this country are trucks or SUVs. I sincerely doubt even a third of the sales are for people that are buying it for work purposes. Trucks have become lifestyle vehicles.

You'd think people are buying plywood more often than food, judging by internet comments. I haven't bought plywood in ten years or more so the 4'x8' sheet of plywood as a measuring stick for every day vehicles seems laughable to me but it always comes up in truck discussions. Maybe we need a new measurement like "Can the bed be rendered useless by adding a Baja racer spare tire set up?" or "How many sheets of 4'x4' plywood will it hold?" :laughing

You'd think people are buying plywood more often than food, judging by internet comments. I haven't bought plywood in ten years or more so the 4'x8' sheet of plywood as a measuring stick for every day vehicles seems laughable to me but it always comes up in truck discussions. Maybe we need a new measurement like "Can the bed be rendered useless by adding a Baja racer spare tire set up?" or "How many sheets of 4'x4' plywood will it hold?" :laughing

Or how much poser overland bullshit can I add to the bed so as to render it otherwise utterly useless. :laughing

4 x 8 sheet went into the bed for a reskin over the old wood bed that was sagging.

I do want this truck back, was my daily when cashed out of Ca. in '04.
Top of Mt. Eldon, Flagstaff.

Attachments

• DSCN0848.jpg
    DSCN0848.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

And GM makes the Vette's ass bigger than it needs to be to still fit 2 golf bags.

Looks sweet. Wonder if the foot controls are modern accessible?

Tuesday's used to be the day of the Concours on the Avenue.

The gentleman that organized it sadly passed away, and it proved too much for his wife to do by herself, so this year there just wasn't too much going on.

Acura took over the park in downtown Carmel, that was about it.

picture.php

picture.php

Sadly, the electric ZDX was not there... it will be intro'd on Thursday.

Last edited:
WooHoo! Its Johndicezx9 car photo week!

The gentleman that organized it sadly passed away, and it proved too much for his wife to do by herself, so this year there just wasn't too much going on.

Acura took over the park in downtown Carmel, that was about it.

Sadly, the electric ZDX was not there... it will be intro'd on Thursday.

You should have come over to Pacific Grove and checked out the Classic Motorsports show. They shut down Lighthouse, and had over 200 cars. Had our '71 'Vette in the American class. Didn't win, but people sure took a lot of pictures :thumbup

God dammit. This is two years in a row now where I work for a dealership very much involved with Monterey Car Week (several of our employees are there for the week), and I’m off doing other things.

Good trade this year though. Currently typing this while in the middle of the ocean on our way to Bimini.

The ZDX should be interesting. Even if it is essentially a Cadillac Lyriq under the skin.

WooHoo! Its Johndicezx9 car photo week!

I'll do my best; might head over to The Hyatt tomorrow and check out Mecum. I saw all those dudes we see on TV shuttling cars from the Fairgrounds to the golf course yesterday morning. I'd point, they'd wave... :laughing

You should have come over to Pacific Grove and checked out the Classic Motorsports show. They shut down Lighthouse, and had over 200 cars. Had our '71 'Vette in the American class. Didn't win, but people sure took a lot of pictures :thumbup

Nice! :thumbup

It was almost over by the time I could make it. My friend owns The Monarch, he said they were really busy, of course.

The "carspotting" thing seems to be getting real popular, I see groups (kids mostly) standing by the sides of busy roads with phones and cameras ready.

Edit: I posted this in the F1 thread because of the Newey angle...

Wonder what Adrian Newey is doing during the break? He's racing his GT-40 at Laguna Seca. This was last weekend during the "Pre" Historics. Zack Brown was out there as well in one of his mid 70's McLarens....

picture.php

Same car he crashed about 10 years ago...

picture.php

Last edited:
The "carspotting" thing seems to be getting real popular, I see groups (kids mostly) standing by the sides of busy roads with phones and cameras ready.

Is it ever. I did a PDI on this car last week, and there was some kid filming me pulling out of the driveway of the dealership.

I mean who camps out a driveway at a car dealership on a Monday afternoon?

Attachments

• IMG_7431.jpg
    IMG_7431.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 126
Is it ever. I did a PDI on this car last week, and there was some kid filming me pulling out of the driveway of the dealership.

I mean who camps out a driveway at a car dealership on a Monday afternoon?

attachment.php

I was hoping you'd fill it with Rotten Robbie low grade regular... :laughing

I, myself, am glad to see kids building on the love of cars. Instead of posters on the wall they're going for IG likes. :thumbup

(The kid gets extra points from me if they cut school to get the footage! :laughing )

Back