• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Childhood jobs - What did you have?

I left high school and started working full-time at 16. I don't recall ever needing a work permit, but maybe. I'd been forging my parents signatures since junior high anyway... after my parents told the principal "Stop calling us!" :laughing
 
My kid started a window washing business with friends last year. Cold calling in the nice hoods of Sonoma and Petaluma. They bought a $1k washing system and have made thousands. I love the hustle.

He also plays guitar and sings and makes $350-400 per show (Fee + tips). Just played the Hopmonk Tavern in Sonoma on Saturday night. It was an awesome show. I am not at all biased :laughing

Find a niche kids, there are still some opportunities out there!!
 
“Hustle” is a lost quality in a lot of kids, not all, but many in my opinion.

Most kids have a garage containing things like lawn mowers, car wash buckets and cleaning supplies to work for neighbors.
If not, then they can offer dog walking or tutoring services.

But mom bought that Nintendo Switch and killed the motivation.
 
Well at least kids won't need jobs to pay for college anymore...

Learning for freeeeeee

Screenshot 2026-09-29 at 12.52.47 PM.png
 
Back
Top