• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Crash Scene Videos -- some idea what to do and others from DanDanTheFireman

budman

General Menace
Staff member
Administrator
Moto(s)
Keep me rocking life
Name
Budman
BARF perks
AMA Life Member #203453
I will collect more.. this guy has a channel I will look at and pick out the good ones. This is a good one.

There is some good commentary at the very end on why this happened-- taking riding.

Please note these videos contain crashing and injuries and may contain graphic images

[YOUTUBE]-JWkd4JTcbs[/YOUTUBE]

For more information on training go to Road Guardians

Also Dan's FaceBook page

Last edited:
30+ Common Newbie mistakes

[YOUTUBE]m1I6Y_P37zc[/YOUTUBE]

The Top 5 Motorcycle Crashes Of February 2020

[YOUTUBE]05uSO3tR3-w[/YOUTUBE]

I have quite a few more cued up to review. Just have to get to them.

So far vetting has gone well. He is solid.

I have quite a few more cued up to review. Just have to get to them.

So far vetting has gone well. He is solid.

In 2007 my company volunteered me to take a first responder training at work. 40h, 1 week. You learn quite a few things during that time. Watching the accident with the guy hitting the culvert at 120 mph brought back the memories from the class.

What Did The EMTs Do To Walterrific? / Walterrific Crash

[YOUTUBE]6gSaLuBteb4[/YOUTUBE]

Drunk or a concussion.. figuring things out.

[YOUTUBE]xrx32czFk1c[/YOUTUBE]

Road Rash care

Rider Is Severely Injured After A Wheelie Crash

This is a good one for that. Pretty cool that he lives streams this stuff and does so well on the fly. Yeah.. it has some patronage stuff.. but the man needs to eat. :teeth

This has good stuff on accident scene management :thumbup

[YOUTUBE]2Iut51zWxaQ[/YOUTUBE]

I will collect more.. this guy has a channel I will look at and pick out the good ones. This is a good one.

There is some good commentary at the very end on why this happened-- taking riding.

This was a great video. He does a scene by scene analysis on what is going on with the rider. He goes into detail about that hare splint on that dudes leg and why the paramedic was cranking on it. Brutal stuff but super informative. Im looking forward to sitting down and watching a few more.

Thanks Budman! :thumbup

Crash reviews for the month and some more awareness info.

[YOUTUBE]05uSO3tR3-w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ze_0ol3FRyU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]iPhihDExcHM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Need a wake up call??

Ride smart!!

[YOUTUBE]RKF7vXKi0k4[/YOUTUBE]

Dan is live streaming another crash injury scene management now.

This is pretty brutal so be aware. Again good tips... geared a bit more toward first responders.

[YOUTUBE]1aGBcr6U-cs[/YOUTUBE]

Watched this one ^^ yesterday. No idea what happened or why that chick suddenly went into the guard rail. But man it was gnarly. Her arm must be just mangled.

Last edited:
Some decent situational awareness stuff
Pretty good for a newer rider for sure.

[YOUTUBE]scJJhJ-ziyA[/YOUTUBE]

Some decent situational awareness stuff
Pretty good for a newer rider for sure.

[YOUTUBE]scJJhJ-ziyA[/YOUTUBE]

A common theme for many of the riders in that vid was that even though they recognized the threat, they didn't increase the space between themselves and the threat(s).

Agreed.. in several ways.

Mostly time.. rolling off the throttle and braking.
Some lane position too.

Way too many riders ride like they own the road and any invasion of their wishes is worthy of a bird. Even when in some cases they were the d!ck.

Like most drivers a little patience and understanding goes a long way.

Group ride havoc happens... even on Grom's.

Good info on group ride positioning and awareness.

[YOUTUBE]OUwTWCp1qIk[/YOUTUBE]

Good info on rolling over a road hazard.

Most of us will face this at some point. Mine was a ladder at about 70 mph.

Brakes off, gas on.. and in my case I had my ass off the seat and got about 1/2 to standing. No problem.

Check it out.

[YOUTUBE]8i843ZZlugk[/YOUTUBE]

Please note these videos contain crashing and injuries and may contain graphic images

Also Dan's FaceBook page

I just discovered this thread and watched the video... this is really super scary eye opening! I’m going to show to to all my friends that are also riding.

Back