• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Dislocated Shoulder Crash On My Mountain Bike

MegaMatt5000

Moto(s)
2012 Tuono V4
Name
Matt
Had a nice spill at Annadel yesterday on my mountain bike a dislocated my shoulder. It took me 50 minutes to walk that last steep, rocky mile to the bottom. The worst part is that now I can't ride my mtb or moto for a few weeks :(
[Youtube]Sj5k8RqQ-iQ[/Youtube]

Been there. Hurt like a mother.
Took the doctors three hours to give me pain killers.
Doctor taught me how to slip it back in some day if needed.
Keep in mind, your shoulder might be looser than normal now for life.
I find it causes issues when throwing over my head, or playing something like Racquetball.

I find it causes issues when throwing over my head, or playing something like Racquetball.

Ughh.. that's kinda scary. I love riding moto and mtb so much, I really hope I don't have it popping out for the rest of my life now when I mountain bike! Not going to lie though, I almost cried when I had to hold my arm in certain positions for the x-rays lol. In your experience, about how much time did it take before you were able to be physically active using your shoulder again?

Mine was popped on a moto with my arms stretched out in front of me. That was ummm, 20+ years ago, and it has never popped out since.

I have a handful of times, felt pain in my shoulder however, and one time specifically I remember it hurting quite a bit when reaching high over my head to hit the ball when playing racquetball.

Just give it time to heal, and build as much strength in the muscles surrounding it as you can.

The video brought back memories. Mothers day enduro May 1972 @ Railroad Flats CA. Did my left shoulder that day. Still not the same. I did fail my draft physical a week later because of bad shoulder.

Dislocated my shoulder as a kid and it never healed correctly. I can now semi-dislocate it whenever I want. Also, my muscles learned to work around it causing me to be pretty weak with that arm when lifting weights.

Seriously let it heal or it will mess you up when you are really old. If it still hurts later, get a CT and see if the socket tore and get it fixed.

Is that you in your avatar? You sure do crash a lot :laughing Bike looks like it's photoshopped in the pic

Heal up man, hoping for a quick recovery for ya. :thumbup

Last edited:
NICE I'm not the only one who goes WOOOO when they F themselves up!

And we gotta talk about those white socks bro lol...HEAL UP FAST!

I seen people get injured in a much less severe way:laughing(think Lil-breezy hitting his head on a camera lense) and start crying like a little baby. you sir, took that shit like a man:thumbup

Is that you in your avatar? You sure do crash a lot :laughing Bike looks like it's photoshopped in the pic

Heal up man, hoping for a quick recovery for ya. :thumbup

NICE I'm not the only one who goes WOOOO when they F themselves up!

And we gotta talk about those white socks bro lol...HEAL UP FAST!

Thanks guys and that is me too in my avatar lol

I seen people get injured in a much less severe way:laughing(think Lil-breezy hitting his head on a camera lense) and start crying like a little baby. you sir, took that shit like a man:thumbup

Haha thanks! Well I know crying about it is never going to help. I definitely gave everyone in the hospital a good laugh, especially when I told the really cute 25 year old doctor in training how cute I thought she was lol. I still would've said it sober but the drugs they put me on gave me an excuse :teeth. Not to mention when a few riders stopped and offered to walk me down, I told them to go ahead cause I didn't want them to miss out on one of the best downhill runs in the park lol

Perhaps you should use avatar with you on two wheels not falling off, Lol!

Back