• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

just to put in a bit...

I rode Downieyville last weekend, Fri Sat and Sun.

Wow.

I think I saw you out there late Saturday. It was one of those "that guy looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it" moments.

CityBikeMike said:
I think I saw you out there late Saturday. It was one of those "that guy looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it" moments.

sheet man, i wooda bought ya a beer! remember that for next time!

i know some single tracks at santa cruz. I use to go mountain biking its fun riding. maybe sometime this weekend ill join you guys.

Photos from Downieville

Stopping to deal with mechanical issues on 3rd Divide.

3214633-img_1175__medium_.jpg

From another angle.

3214640-img_1178__medium_.jpg

Our same buddy had another mechanical here later in the day. Derailleur cable the first time, flat the second time.

3214646-img_1179__medium_.jpg

The 3rd divide step-up. High speed approach to a steep rock face - Harpo used the small rock at the bottom to jump most of that steep face.

3214649-img_1177__medium_.jpg

The little, angry, bald, flying Super Jew.

3214694-img_1183__medium_.jpg

Posing with the world's scariest trailer bike hitch.

3214697-img_1181__medium_.jpg

We had to the gal that worked at DV Outfitters in on the picture too. She rearranged our shuttles, saved our afternoon, then finished off the day a post-work run down First Divide.

3214732-img_1182medium.jpg

Dave's 40 lb masher. He wasn't a happy camper on that climb up 3rd Divide after the bridge...

3214801-img_1180__medium_.jpg

Good pictures Mike, looks like a good time

What trails did you ride there?

That's the company we went with during our stint in Downieville

I rented a Specialized SX real nice ride for the day

Really nice people, we ended hoping in the river a couple miles out of town, boy is IT refreshing after a long ride.

Jason

Note To Self: .........

When following your buddy, who's a sponsored Mountain Cross/ Slalom/ DH racer, ...... Uhhhhh, .........Uhhhhh, ...........DON'T FOLLOW

Last edited:
Re:Note To Self

This is what it looks like when you completely sheer your Maverick fork off your Santa Cruz Nomad. :wow

Hmmm, they say 2 is better than 1.
Ohhh Contrare (sp?) I say!!
Not when your "1" solid Nomad is now being dragged out of the woods as "2" pieces. :wow :cry :cry

3222579-broken_1.jpg

Re: Re:Note To Self

Harpo said:
This is what it looks like when you completely sheer your Maverick fork off your Santa Cruz Nomad. :wow

Hmmm, they say 2 is better than 1.
Ohhh Contrare (sp?) I say!!
Not when your "1" solid Nomad is now being dragged out of the woods as "2" pieces. :wow :cry :cry

3222579-broken_1.jpg

I hate when that happens, on my last bike that broke the down tube split completely in half and my pedals were hitting the ground on the ride home. :laughing

AT least they didn't break while you were ridng and take a header over the bars :burnout

Re: Re: Re:Note To Self

EC70 said:
I hate when that happens, on my last bike that broke the down tube split completely in half and my pedals were hitting the ground on the ride home. :laughing

AT least they didn't break while you were ridng and take a header over the bars :burnout
What would have given you the idea that they DIDN'T break while I was riding, .... And that I DIDN'T take a header over the bars :wow

Back