• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Re: Re:Note To Self

Harpo said:
This is what it looks like when you completely sheer your Maverick fork off your Santa Cruz Nomad. :wow

Hmmm, they say 2 is better than 1.
Ohhh Contrare (sp?) I say!!
Not when your "1" solid Nomad is now being dragged out of the woods as "2" pieces. :wow :cry :cry

Damn, Harpo :wow Looks like you need the steel steerer bolt instead of that wimpy aluminum one. Glad to hear you're okay and hope that you can fix it easily. L8r. :cool

anyone know a place around palo alto that stocks 29er tubes?
i put a hole in my last one last night and want to ride this weekend.

edit: never mind i found some

Last edited:
I don't know of any off hand. I haven't been looking for 29er stuff since I don't have one.

I'm assuming you've tried all the regular places; Bicycle Connection and Mike's. After that I'd suggest Performance in Mountain View or Redwood City, depending on which direction you wanted to travel.

I'm more familiar with the places more south of there like Evolution, Cupertino and Trailhead. I'm sure one of those would have something, but again I haven't looked so I'm not 100% sure.

Try calling around and checking first, as not everyone carries 29er stuff. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful and Good Luck!!

Re: Re:Note To Self

Harpo said:
This is what it looks like when you completely sheer your Maverick fork off your Santa Cruz Nomad. :wow

Hmmm, they say 2 is better than 1.
Ohhh Contrare (sp?) I say!!
Not when your "1" solid Nomad is now being dragged out of the woods as "2" pieces. :wow :cry :cry

3222579-broken_1.jpg

Wow! Glad you're not hurt.

I thought dual crown forks used a steering tube, this looks like it's only the bolt holding it together?

Rob

I'm up for some mountain bike rides.

I picked up a new Gary Fisher last year and have only taken it out about 4 or 5 times this season.

I've ridden most of the trails around the bay area and prefer moderate difficulty rides.

Re: Re: Re:Note To Self

robscomputer said:
Wow! Glad you're not hurt.

I thought dual crown forks used a steering tube, this looks like it's only the bolt holding it together?

Rob

Rob, that's a Maverick thing... keeps the weight down... and obviously the strength too.

Harpo, anything to add?

Soquel - Saturday 7/7

Planning on a double loop at Soquel Saturday morning.

We (Dave and I) plan on being on bikes and leaving the parking lot by 8:00 am.

If anyone else is interested in joining us either let me know or just meet us there.

With the exception of mechanicals or carnage this will be a quick paced ride with limited stops. (I'd like to be back home, sitting by the pool and sipping Margaritas by the time Mr. Sunshine starts kicking everyone's ass):teeth

i might show.
my bottom bracked is making noise and drive me nutz and my new one has not shown up yet.
but i might show anyway.

bishop said:
i might show.
my bottom bracked is making noise and drive me nutz and my new one has not shown up yet.
but i might show anyway.
If it still works but just makes some noise, ... THEN SHOW UP DUDE!! :thumbup Should be a great day for a ride. :teeth

all right guy's where is a good place my wife can drop me off and pick me up at in the SC hills. looking for some DH with little to no uphill. my 31lb Marin is a bear to peddle up hill.:(
better yet who's going DH riding in the skyline area and wants to show me how to actually use this new beast? Newb here. so far I have ridden the thing 3 times.:laughing

bishop said:
i might show.
but i might show anyway.
Glad you made it Tim. Great ride! Thanx for dragging my OLD, TIRED ass around. :twofinger :laughing :laughing

Harpo said:
Glad you made it Tim. Great ride! Thanx for dragging my OLD, TIRED ass around. :twofinger :laughing :laughing

drag? there were a few places where it was damn hard to keep up.
it was fun, we have to go ride UCSC.

Downieville 7/14

Anyone want to go to Downieville this Saturday 7/14

Re: Downieville 7/14

Harpo said:

I'm going - with Jeff Tigert and couple of other guys. We're racing the DV classic this weekend.

How bout Northstar on the Saturday the 28th or the Sunday the 29th?

Re: Downieville 7/14

Harpo said:

Harpo: Was just up there this past Sunday. hot and dusty!! but fun as always.

This coming weekend is the race, so unless you're entered you won't be able to get a shuttle ride up.

I'm going up to N* with some friends for the weekend. We're going up Saturday morning to ride, staying the night and riding again on Sunday.

You're more than welcome to join us which ever day you can make it. Let me know if you're coming. L8r. :cool

Re: Re: Downieville 7/14

CityBikeMike said:
I'm going - with Jeff Tigert and couple of other guys. We're racing the DV classic this weekend.

How bout Northstar on the Saturday the 28th or the Sunday the 29th?
Ooops!! Forgot the race was this weekend. Duhhh.

I think the weekend of the 28th or 29th will work but I don't think I'm gonna be able to stay over night. Tristen is doing her half marathon in SF and although she says I don't have to be there, ......well, .... you get the drift.
Let me see which day she is running.

Re: Re: Downieville 7/14

dking said:
Harpo: You're more than welcome to join us which ever day you can make it. Let me know if you're coming. L8r. :cool
Let me see if I can get someone to drive up with. Don't want to do it alone as I won't be able to stay for more than 1 day.

NorthStar
Saturday 7/28

Who's in???
Harpo (that's me :teeth)
Solis (AKA. Mr. Crash)
Dave (Harpo's friend)

Back