• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Harpo said:
Thanx for the input dude. Why don't you and EC 70 join us. It will be a blast.

We are now 4:
Myself
Crash (CitybikeMike)
Dave (my other Pillapino Bud)
BikeMech1 (Gregory)

Harpo: Looks like I'll be there after all. I'm actually taking Friday off and hitting it with one group of friends. Then staying in Reno Friday night and riding with another group on Saturday. I'll be riding my white Bullit. What r u guys going to be riding? I'll keep an eye out for ya. The hills not that big.

Just in case, this is ME last weekend at N* and you can see half of my bike in the background. :cool

My legs are still fried from my triathlon last weekend. Looks like I'm out too :(

Any of you guy mountain bikers looking for a new brake setup?
I have a brand new set of Hayes El Camino Disk Brakes. They retail for almost $400.00 I think.

I'll take $275.00 for Barfers.

I'll be in Tahoe this weekend (8/3) and was thinking of riding Northstar on Saturday. Got some newbies who wanna give lift-access riding a try. Mike? Harpo? Anyone?

fLyRiCE said:
I'll be in Tahoe this weekend (8/3) and was thinking of riding Northstar on Saturday. Got some newbies who wanna give lift-access riding a try. Mike? Harpo? Anyone?
Sorry Ted! Not gonna make it this weekend. Trying to build a set of DH wheels for the Nomad before I go back. The current xc setup doesn't work so great in Northstar terrain.

Hey Ted, how new are the newbs you're bringing along?

CityBikeMike said:
Hey Ted, how new are the newbs you're bringing along?

One is my bro. The other has never ridden a mountain bike. I think they'll be okay to watch each other on the easy trails if I find someone to ride more intermediate stuff with. I slapped on a set of new brakes so I'm ready to go.

harpo, what would the s-works need to be finished?

mikev said:
harpo, what would the s-works need to be finished?
It would need you to buy it from giusepi.
He purchased it last weekend. Sorry Dude.

Downieville or Northstar Saturday 8/11

Anyone interested in splitting the ride with me for a Day trip to either of the aforementioned places???

Harpo said:

Anyone interested in splitting the ride with me for a Day trip to either of the aforementioned places???

We were just in Downieville last Saturday and the trail was loose and really dusty. They said the big race recently really damage the trail.

Harpo said:

When you gave me a buzz this morning, I told you I was 60-70% in.

If you're going to Northstar, I've made up my mind. Count me in!

CityBikeMike said:
When you gave me a buzz this morning, I told you I was 60-70% in.

If you're going to Northstar, I've made up my mind. Count me in!
Than Northstar it is! :thumbup

Harpo said:

I didn't get to ride Northstar this past weekend. If you have space for another bike and rider, I'm go!

Last edited:
Back