• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Look good but we'll see if they're as durable as the A Frames.

3338015-dsc02024_resize.jpg

Last edited:
fLyRiCE said:
I've had the Azonic A Frames on my all-mountain bike for years now and have not had a problem with them. They've been good to me at Northstar and D-ville. When the crappy stock pedals on my downhill bike became loose, I replaced them with the Wellgo B37 -- $20 (closeout) a set were hard to pass up. Check out www.universalcycles.com for a good assortment of pedals. Just look for something with replaceable pins and a low profile so that you don't go rock bashing all the way down the mountain.

I use those little guys with Vans to keep the feet comfy :teeth

DropkickJake said:
So any of you guys wanna take your bikes off some wicked jumps at calabazas this friday?

Two reasons I can't.

1) Too far

2) I'm skurred :)

Have fun though! I think I'm gonna practice at Pleasanton after work a few times...

Here's Harpo dropping into the last section of Karpiel at Northstar. With a sprained knee. And a sprained ankle.

3340674-karpiel.jpg

DropkickJake said:
When you wanna go to Pleasanton, I am always down to ride whenever and I love that place.

I work pretty close, so one of these days. I want to get a aluminum bar for my Stumpjumper first - I've heard of bad things happening to people who jump with Carbon Fiber bars.

I chickened out on nearly everything at Northstar - I'm hoping I can work my way up to it at Pleasanton!

I think that rock has dropped some

Harpo look's like Darth Vader

That was a fun trail.

I really enjoyed Live Wire trail with that raised tree obstacle

3340680-rockdrop.jpg

CityBikeMike said:
I work pretty close, so one of these days. I want to get a aluminum bar for my Stumpjumper first - I've heard of bad things happening to people who jump with Carbon Fiber bars.

I chickened out on nearly everything at Northstar - I'm hoping I can work my way up to it at Pleasanton!

I would not use CF bars for jumping

:x :x

Well, I don't have to bug you guys about opinions on MTBs anymore! I stopped at Cal Bikes today and they had this selling for basically wholesale price... I couldn't pass it up, and they added Avid Juicy 5's for me for a good price. Wootz!

IMG_1333.jpg

God bless ya Jake

I am not swavy enough for the cf goodies.

Good old fashion steel is how I roll

Looking good I may see you guys a Calabasas on Friday

mikev said:
Well, I don't have to bug you guys about opinions on MTBs anymore! I stopped at Cal Bikes today and they had this selling for basically wholesale price... I couldn't pass it up, and they added Avid Juicy 5's for me for a good price. Wootz!

IMG_1333.jpg
I dig the reflectors. I knew my bike was missing something. :twofinger :laughing :laughing

EC70 said:
I think that rock has dropped some

Harpo look's like Darth Vader

That was a fun trail.

I really enjoyed Live Wire trail with that raised tree obstacle

That's Little, Angry, Bald, SupeVader to you. :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

Bloody hell that was the second I got the damn thing home!!!! :teeth

Sweet ride Mike. Does anyone have a link to a page with directions to get to some sweet MTB trails in the east bay?

Anyone heading to the Fremont Older this Saturday (8/18)?
I am thinking about going in the morning

Back