• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I can guide in the Concord area

I can show you everything on the Concord side of Mt. Diablo. Singletrack is illegal, so it must be poached cautiously, but there's lots of good riding over here.
Bike is currently down with a shock being overhauled at RockShox, but I should be up again in a couple of weeks.
I also wrench/repair for free if you need bicycle work.
Let me know,
Gregory

Re: I can guide in the Concord area

bicyclemech1 said:
I can show you everything on the Concord side of Mt. Diablo. Singletrack is illegal, so it must be poached cautiously, but there's lots of good riding over here.
Bike is currently down with a shock being overhauled at RockShox, but I should be up again in a couple of weeks.
Let me know,
Gregory

Hey Gregory,

I've been meaning to send you a PM, but I'd love to get together for some riding either in your area or over here maybe at Del Valle or something, but primarily I was hoping that you should show my brother (and me! :p) some of the basics for tune ups and adjustments for his Stinky.

I think we're doing a N* trip in 2 weeks, too.

Re: I can guide in the Concord area

giusepi said:
Livermore primarily, but my GF is in Concord and work is in Union City.

bicyclemech1 said:
Let me know,
Gregory
Greg, meet Sunny (sp, I know I spelled it wrong) He has my x- S-Works bike. I told him you probably wouldn't mind doing a proper fitting and a tightening on his wheels (which were brand new) after he acquaints himself with the bike a little bit. :teeth

BTW, the bike is freakin sweet. I did the volvon loop in morgan territory this past weekend and had a blast.

And after reading some of the ride reports on MTBR im down for trying out bbq terrace out in your area.

My brother has a 2006 Stinky and it's a pretty rippin DH rig.

Thats all I can tell you though. I wish I woulda seen that before I bought my Giant :)

Please Check This Out!!

OK, 1 more submission for your opinions..

Anyone know anything about a 2004 Santa Cruz V10 And what would you say the max bid on this should be. ..... If in fact I decided to bid on it. ;) :wow

DropkickJake said:
I would go with the stinky since its local and its complete, the santa cruz you need to get a whole gear set up and brakes.
I pretty much have almost everything to complete the build.

But how much better of a bike is the V10 and what is the auction actually worth to pay but still get a good deal.

Oh, and the guy with the Stinky isn't returning my emails so it could be gone.:wtf

Stinky is the way to go for that kind of money

You have to add parts to get that Santa Cruz going

And the bid is over 800 now plus shipping

Thanx Guys.
Just got a email back from the guy with the Stinky.
Says it's only a 6 inch travel bike. Is that enough??? Or is it more of a geometry/rake thing?

Will this bike go down hill better than my 6 inch Nomad?

Re: Please Check This Out!!

Harpo said:
OK, 1 more submission for your opinions..

Anyone know anything about a 2004 Santa Cruz V10 And what would you say the max bid on this should be. ..... If in fact I decided to bid on it. ;) :wow

IMHO... V10! V10!! V10!!! ...and I wouldn't be surprised if it sells for $1500-$2000, since it's complete. A new frame alone is $2500. Anything less than $1500 is a bargain... and it seems to be in good shape. I wish it was my size... I've been looking. :teeth

The '04's are a little heavier, but they do have the floating rear disc brake set-up, which is nice but seemingly not necessary since you don't see them as much on the new ones. I know a guy that races semi-pro DH and he still rides his '04.

Again IMO, the V10 is a MUCH better bike than the Stinky. The Stinky will be okay DH, but will be a pig going up (well, a bigger pig than the V10 anyway). It will prolly descend a bit better than the Nomad and will handle the abuse of N* better, but just because it's a burlier bike (I'm not really a Kona fan anyway after watching one of my riding buddies suffer on one for two years until I finally not him on a Bullit).

Re: Re: Please Check This Out!!

dking said:
IMHO... V10! V10!! V10!!! ...and I wouldn't be surprised if it sells for $1500-$2000, since it's complete. A new frame alone is $2500. Anything less than $1500 is a bargain... and it seems to be in good shape. I wish it was my size... I've been looking. :teeth

The '04's are a little heavier, but they do have the floating rear disc brake set-up, which is nice but seemingly not necessary since you don't see them as much on the new ones. I know a guy that races semi-pro DH and he still rides his '04.

Again IMO, the V10 is a MUCH better bike than the Stinky. The Stinky will be okay DH, but will be a pig going up (well, a bigger pig than the V10 anyway). It will prolly descend a bit better than the Nomad and will handle the abuse of N* better, but just because it's a burlier bike (I'm not really a Kona fan anyway after watching one of my riding buddies suffer on one for two years until I finally not him on a Bullit).
Hey Doug, it's not complete! Missing chain, rear Deraill, brakes, shifter, grips, ... and I'm sure a few other little pieces here and there.

Group Trip?

I'm just testing the waters here, but...

We are planning on doing group ski/snowboard trips to Tahoe this winter, and track days next spring, but how many of you would be interested in a Dainese sponsored mountain bike trip?

How about a meet up at the shop for an early breakfast (plenty of parking), load up a tour bus with peope and bikes, and head out to Downieville or some other destination?

It would give folks with no transportation the opportunity to ride some terrain they've probably never seen, as well as give others the option to enjoy a day ride without the hassle of dealing with traffic (especially nice if coping with sore muscles or rash).

If enough folk show an interest, I have the option of working with a couple of local shops to arrange equiptment/bike demo's as well.

Whaddya say?

Back