• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

So, I took my 2007 Specialized Enduro SL up to Tamarancho, and did a couple of laps. My riding buds and I like to time our laps, just to know where we stand. My best time to date was a 58 minutes and 20 seconds on my Cannondale Jekyll.

Lap 1 on the Enduro: 59:30

Lap 2 on the Enduro: 59:10

A couple of weeks later, I came back on the Jekyll with the bike mechanic and the Super Jew, and did one timed lap on the Jekyll:

57:59 (with one crash due to a washed out section of trail)

Despite less travel and more weight, I'm faster on the ol "Happy Fun Bike". I think this is just one of those deals - the Specialized is a fantastic machine that everyone seems to be ranting and raving about, but the Jekyll and I work really, really well together.

That being said, the Enduro is now for sale - $2300. Size Medium, with a short top crown, ridden less than 10 times.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=218412

Despite less travel and more weight, I'm faster on the ol "Happy Fun Bike". I think this is just one of those deals - the Specialized is a fantastic machine that everyone seems to be ranting and raving about, but the Jekyll and I work really, really well together.

[/B]

Sad to see that it didn't work out for you. Such a pretty-looking bike. :(

Anyone going up to D-ville or Northstar before the season ends?

fLyRiCE said:
Anyone going up to D-ville or Northstar before the season ends?
The new bike came in on time. Was headed to Downieville this Saturday and possibly Downieville or Northstar next weekend but instead I decided it might be even more fun to break my big toe at work and say good bye to the next 6 weeks of riding.

Yup!! Definitely made the right choice. Breaking my toe was way more fun than riding. :wow :( :cry :cry

3398733-foot.jpg

giusepi said:
DUDE!
sucks to be you. lol
hope that 6 weeks goes by quick for ya.
:twofinger

JIMMAGE said:
i'm interested in riding i need to workout .keep me posted for future rides.
Yea, ... I'm interested in riding as well. Maybe I'll go this afternoo...... Oh, wait a minute. Almost forgot. My F@#$EN toe is broke!! SH!# F#@$ D@$#!!!!! :cry :cry :barf

Question???????

Does anyone know if the spring on my Progressive 5th Element Coil shock will fit a Fox DHX coil shock? Both shocks are the same exact size. 8.75 x 2.75

Hell ya, lets ride... I mostly ride white mountain in Monterey, Nisene Marks, or fall creek. I would be willing to drive some distance for a good ride! Keep me posted. Fall creek in Felton is by far the craziest ride i have ever completed. Any of you guys ever ridden it?

Hell ya, lets ride... I mostly ride white mountain in Monterey, Nisene Marks, or fall creek. I would be willing to drive some distance for a good ride! Keep me posted. Fall creek in Felton is by far the craziest ride i have ever completed. Any of you guys ever ridden it?

Is that one of the much talked about UCSC trails?

Two weeks ago, my girlfriend was unsure about doing the Bayside Trail at China Camp - the steep hillside at the side of the trail was a little intimidating to her as a new mountain biker.

Two trips to China Camp later, she's absolutely hooked. How hooked? Enough to grab one of these yesterday:

Attachments

• IMG_1359 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1359 (Medium).JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 78
Mikey, is that a Blur xc??

Tamarancho Boy Scout Camp on Sunday
Anyone interested???

Mikey, is that a Blur xc??

Tamarancho Boy Scout Camp on Sunday
Anyone interested???

It is! We were gonna go after an Epic on eBay, but after visiting a few stores and test riding a few bikes, the Blur XC was the one that put the biggest grin on her face at the very thought of it. And you know how that works out :)

It is! We were gonna go after an Epic on eBay, but after visiting a few stores and test riding a few bikes, the Blur XC was the one that put the biggest grin on her face at the very thought of it. And you know how that works out :)
Yea I do. But unfortunately your last grin left you with an Enduro SL and mine left me with a Blur LT frame. :shocker Never Mind :twofinger Lets not talk about that. :(

Again!! Tamarancho This Sunday. Anyone interested????

Yeah, Fall Creek is in my backyard (literally). I'm assuming you start at the top of Lost Empire Trail? I ride it during the "off times" but quite honestly I've never run across any other mtn bikes there since it's off limits to bikes and it's quite popular with the popous hiker crowd...

FYI:

Highland Road was closed with K wall this morning. If anyone is gonna get to the Demo parking lot, they'll probably have to do it from the other side (Eureka Cyn Road and Corralitos).

FYI:

Highland Road was closed with K wall this morning. If anyone is gonna get to the Demo parking lot, they'll probably have to do it from the other side (Eureka Cyn Road and Corralitos).

That sucks. I was going to go there this weekend. I wonder why it would have happened NOW cuz the rain hasn't even started yet.

Thanks for the head up.

That sucks. I was going to go there this weekend. I wonder why it would have happened NOW cuz the rain hasn't even started yet.

Thanks for the head up.

Using Google maps, it looks like another 40 minutes coming from the Bay Area. Maybe a bit of a deterrent if I was doing regularly, but still worth the trip every once in a blue moon :)

can you park at the K wall and ride in? there has been some discussion of that on ROMP.

Back