• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Mike The stuff we rode would have been no fun for Lisa. I ride that stuff fully padded and wouldn't do it without.

I'm wondering if we could make a split group ride of it sometime - say an XC group and a DH group, with a BBQ after?

Dude, I put in about 6 or 7 miles miles with Doug and buds. My legs feel pretty weak today. I definitely would not have had another 20+ miles at Annadel in me. :barf

I did it on the Stumpjumper, which is getting lighter and lighter. Frighteningly enough, it's fun being a weight weenie!

Santa Cruz is looking like a good possibility for Saturday. Waiting on Doug's schedule for a confirmation.

Keep me posted :)

Oh yeah - whaddya think of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230195795196

At 1825g, I figure this is as light as it's gonna get for me. I doubt I'll find a used set of 1520g Crossmax SLRs in that same price range...

Last edited:
Hey ROXY! Bring me that bike

Come on out to the garage with shous and shorts and we can do a fitting and suspension set up. I think the fork will need lighter springs and oil weight. But I am pretty sure I can make it work well for you. Rear shock is very adjustable.
Garage is open any night this week except wednesday.
Let me know,
Gregory

I'm wondering if we could make a split group ride of it sometime - say an XC group and a DH group, with a BBQ after?
Sounds like it would be a very cool time. But we will have to make sure there are people leading that really know the place well so we all get the most bang for the buck. I really don't know it at all myself. The few time I have been there I have been a mindless follower. :wtf Pad Up, Pedal Hard, Breath Deep, Lean Back, Hang On, EXHALE, WOO HOO, ...... Repeat! :teeth :thumbup

Oh yeah - whaddya think of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230195795196

At 1825g, I figure this is as light as it's gonna get for me. I doubt I'll find a used set of 1520g Crossmax SLRs in that same price range...
I haven't got a real solid opinion as I don't really know the 819's or the hubs, but I know that Mavics are definitely solid and if they are weighing in at 1825g I don't think you are gonna come buy much better for the price. Check the feedback and do a quick search for the same product. If all looks good than grab 'em up.

Last edited:
Come on out to the garage with shous and shorts and we can do a fitting and suspension set up. I think the fork will need lighter springs and oil weight. But I am pretty sure I can make it work well for you. Rear shock is very adjustable.
Let me know,
Gregory
Tell me, ... what exactly are shous? Where can I get some? Can you get me a good deal on them, maybe?? :twofinger :laughing :laughing

Yay!! I finally pulled my hoopty out and went riding. I can now post in this thread. Mike showed John and I a China camp loop on Fri. Super fun but a bit nerve racking as I've been concentrating on cyclocross lately and I have a tendency to get beyond my and the bikes ability with the downhill stuff. JM was great. The very last section we did after running into Joe was awsome (can't remember what it was called though). I'm going to make as many of these rides as I can but can't do Saturdays unfortunately.

Here's me in my first cyclocross race on Sun. I joined the mens C group and made 34th out of 90. Anybody here ride cross?

Attachments

• Xcross.jpg
    Xcross.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 64
Yeah, good job on the race. I was dying after the one lap.

Hear is my beast. The Holeshot color scheme was not planned, but when it came together it was pretty cool.

tracer010.jpg

Hear is my beast. The Holeshot color scheme was not planned, but when it came together it was pretty cool.

tracer010.jpg

:| You do realize that as I go broke attempting to aquire a nice mountainbike thatI will place all the blame on you Sonny.

tracer010.jpg
Good God Man!! Did you build that?
If so, ... at any point during the build did you step back and say to yourself, "Hmmm, maybe too much blue. ...........Naaaaahhh!!"

tracer010.jpg
Good God Man!! Did you build that?
If so, ... at any point during the build did you step back and say to yourself, "Hmmm, maybe too much blue. ...........Naaaaahhh!!" :laughing :laughing :twofinger

All the mains were used off CL
red frame
blue forks
blue crankset
blue wheelset

The color green determined the amount of blue (less gr$$n=more blue):(

:| You do realize that as I go broke attempting to aquire a nice mountainbike thatI will place all the blame on you Sonny.

What?
Mikes' the one who did it...

Let me know,
Gregory

Thanks Greg!:) I'll be sure to give you a day or two notice before we head on over.

We set the rear sag before Sunday's ride and I've been fiddling with the rebound since.

The very last section we did after running into Joe was awsome (can't remember what it was called though). I'm going to make as many of these rides as I can but can't do Saturdays unfortunately.

Jeremy, ya did a great job last Sunday:thumbup Not sure how you had the extra energy to do the JMP ride with us:laughing

Was it Sequoia? or Big Trees?:confused

If so, ... at any point during the build did you step back and say to yourself, "Hmmm, maybe too much blue. ...........Naaaaahhh!!" :laughing :laughing :twofinger

Yeah, he did....:laughing

Last edited:
Hey Roxy
Give me a heads up before you head over to Greg's and I'll bring over all the gixxer goodies for you to take a gander at. :teeth

Pics from Annadel on Saturday. Good group for the 20 mile loop, with somewhere around 4000-5000 feet of climbing. It was me, Harpo, Ed Milhausen (sbk62), Ryan (Pakow), and Dan (used to work @ Pleasant Hill Cyclery).

Attachments

• IMG_1414 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1414 (Medium).JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1416 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1416 (Medium).JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1419 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1419 (Medium).JPG
    111 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1420 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1420 (Medium).JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
More pics from Saturday:

Attachments

• IMG_1426 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1426 (Medium).JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1425 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1425 (Medium).JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1424 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1424 (Medium).JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1422 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1422 (Medium).JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 60
Pics from Sunday. Annadel, again. 20 miles, again.

Attachments

• IMG_1435 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1435 (Medium).JPG
    96 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1438 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1438 (Medium).JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1440 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1440 (Medium).JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1437 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1437 (Medium).JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 62
Nice pics Mikey! Annadel looks fun!:)

Sonny and I just did the loop around Lake Chabot (CCW direction). Nice climbs!:D

nice. you guys are sick.

Myself, DKing and Solis are hitting UCSC on Saturday morning.
If anyone wants to join in, let me know. We can either meet or car-pool.

This will be an advanced ride. Milage will not be huge (probably under 15 miles) but the terrain will be aggressive. We will all be wearing pads and full face helmets. This will NOT be smooth xc ride.

That said, if you are up for some aggressive terrain, this place is a Shit-Load of fun. :teeth :thumbup

Back