• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

USCS is damn fun. Once you get to know your way around its alot of fun.
its all the the Z's and dead camper.

I would go but have stuff to do sat.

Nice pics Mikey! Annadel looks fun!:)

Sonny and I just did the loop around Lake Chabot (CCW direction). Nice climbs!:D

:cry now I really feel like a pussy :cry

I have the weekend of the 15th and 16th free, how about getting a ride together? :)

Sonny and I just did the loop around Lake Chabot (CCW direction). Nice climbs!:D

You're a champ :) How were those climbs for ya?

I have the weekend of the 15th and 16th free, how about getting a ride together? :)

Wanna do a Miller / Redwood ride with a post ride BBQ that weekend?

Aw, you shouldn't feel bad. Believe me, those hills weren't easy and I had to stop in between some of the ascents just to keep myself from hurling. Yep, he made some of those hills look easy...:cry

Chabot is a nice loop, I'd like to do that at least once a week.

I'd be up for a ride.

You're a champ :) How were those climbs for ya?

I didn't know the trail so I didn't know what to expect, until we came across the big canyons.

I think I did fine, I think I can tackle those hills with more efficiency if I "slowed" my cadence a bit.

Just need to pace myself:)

What is Annadel like?

Last edited:
Pics from Annadel on Saturday. Good group for the 20 mile loop, with somewhere around 4000-5000 feet of climbing. It was me, Harpo, Ed Milhausen (sbk62), Ryan (Pakow), and Dan (used to work @ Pleasant Hill Cyclery).

Great pics, that was a pretty sweet ride. Thanks for showing me a new sandbox to play in!

Harpo should be happy to hear that I'm sending my fork back to fox soon, so the epic will be out of commission for a while. I'm gonna have to break out the old HT Fisher, so he will be spankin me on the big stuff downhills again.

I'll have the FS through this weekend though, mind if I tag along to SC?

What is Annadel like?

Our 20 mile loop gives us two long climbs with three really good descents - the downhills have excellent flow to them. I have more fun there than I do on a motorcycle! Lots of speed, and lots of swoopy singletrack with a few roots and rock gardens thrown in to keep you on your toes - I *really* like that place :)

You must have put that poor fork through hell on those last couple of descents :)

I'll call ya about this weekend - let's do it!

Sounds interesting.. This got out from lurking. :D Which trials are you hiting up at UCSC? I went to school there many moon's ago.. The trails behind UCSC use to be my playground. I might be in for riding if knew the trail and can possibly carpool. :thumbup

Myself, DKing and Solis are hitting UCSC on Saturday morning.
If anyone wants to join in, let me know. We can either meet or car-pool.

This will be an advanced ride. Milage will not be huge (probably under 15 miles) but the terrain will be aggressive. We will all be wearing pads and full face helmets. This will NOT be smooth xc ride.

That said, if you are up for some aggressive terrain, this place is a Shit-Load of fun. :teeth :thumbup

BTW, I plan on being in the Reno area right outside of Mt. Rose. Wondering whether I should take the bike as well. Any ideas? Suggestions?

You are welcome to join. IF you do, we will need another vehicle. Let's both chat with Solis and we'll figure something out.

Sounds interesting.. This got out from lurking. :D Which trials are you hiting up at UCSC? I went to school there many moon's ago.. The trails behind UCSC use to be my playground. I might be in for riding if knew the trail and can possibly carpool. :thumbup
No idea what trail. Only been there once. DKing is the man with particulars. If you wanna carpool with us, I live in Lafayette, Solis lives in Bazerkley, Doug (DKing) lives in Union City and Ryan lives in Oakland. If you do wanna carpool, better make a decision pretty quick and pm me your phone # and particulars and I'll give you a buzz. Should be a seriously fun time. :teeth :thumbup

No idea what trail. Only been there once. DKing is the man with particulars. If you wanna carpool with us, I live in Lafayette, Solis lives in Bazerkley, Doug (DKing) lives in Union City and Ryan lives in Oakland. If you do wanna carpool, better make a decision pretty quick and pm me your phone # and particulars and I'll give you a buzz. Should be a seriously fun time. :teeth :thumbup

You have PM! I can prob ride with Solis or Ryan. I'm in Castro Valley

You are welcome to join. IF you do, we will need another vehicle. Let's both chat with Solis and we'll figure something out.

Sounds good. I'm happy to drive, I can take me and 2 others w/bikes in my truck.

What time?

Sounds good. I'm happy to drive, I can take me and 2 others w/bikes in my truck.

What time?
Hey Dude, sounds like we got 5 total. 4 up this way and grabbing Doug (DKing) on the way through. I have your # so I'll chat with Solis, Merrick, and Doug and try and figure something out tonight. (Tomorrow afternoon at the latest) Give you a buzz as soon as I know. For now, plan on hitting the road between 7 and 8am and we'll solidify things as soon as everyone chats.

Gonna be Kule!!!

Sounds like this will be a good test for the Fox Vanilla coil shock I just picked up!

I'd love to go with you guys but my right sholder is all F'ed up.

Have fun and keep the rubber side down

Back