• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

now I am trying to get back in the groove or riding XC, I will join you guys/gals soon enough once I can have better endurance/stamina. :thumbup

Large Intense Tracer frame for sale.

$450 for the frame and I will swap your parts too.

Attachments

• DCP_0002.jpg
    DCP_0002.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 85
Man, I'm down for anything. Plus a bbq hanging out with Bap and some old school barfers sounds good. Just let me know the time and day!

Man, I'm down for anything. Plus a bbq hanging out with Bap and some old school barfers sounds good. Just let me know the time and day!

tomorrow, wilder ranch in sc at 3pm
easier,basic ride, I'm out of shape... :cry
Johnny says we're going to HH saturday. See if you can keep up with the DRZ on that CRF.

tomorrow, wilder ranch in sc at 3pm
easier,basic ride, I'm out of shape... :cry
Johnny says we're going to HH saturday. See if you can keep up with the DRZ on that CRF.

I can't make 3pm today. Have a few appts in Fremont. I'll try to make it Saturday though, pending a bike ride. :)

I've no idea. She's not the most athletic person (more of a girly girl without the $$$ tastes, used to be a dancer (not the exotic kind :mad)), so I'd have to start her off REALLY slow. It's also a way of getting myself a second bike with a quick part swap ;) :shhh

Let's call the ride and BBQ for Sunday the 16th of December. We can ride straight from my house to Redwood and JMP. :thumbup

Any preference for a start time?

Sounds the same as my situation, I just got my girlfriend a mtn bike as well and she fits the same profile. I'm going to make a huge attempt to take her on some really easy trails at first and not pressure her with too much info. You in the east bay?

Also is somebody gonna start at thread about the BBQ ride?

Last edited:
How many of you ride at night? I just started getting back into it because of the time change and it's a hoot and a half (as long as you've got a really good light). I see so many bobcats, coyotes, deer, etc at UCSC and Wilder Ranch at night. Dem woods is kinda spooky in the dark though...especially when it's really foggy and you run across someone on the trail in a full beard and ratty clothes who looks like they're gonna attack you. :wtf

So how about a group night ride sometime? :teeth

Sounds the same as my situation, I just got my girlfriend a mtn bike as well and she fits the same profile. I'm going to make a huge attempt to take her on some really easy trails at first and not pressure her with too much info. You in the east bay?

Yody / Bap - the Shoreline Trail at China Camp is another possible option. It's an out-and-back, but with singletrack, doubletrack, mild elevation changes, and great scenery as you roll in and out of the canopy, it's a nice ride that's about 6 or so miles.

I am in the East Bay, near the Oakland Zoo. We should hook up and get the girls together for a ride.

sounds good to me. I wanna get her out there a few times so she can upgrade to the clip ons shoes or whatever those are called (i know I'm a squid) I'd say Mike should bring Lisa as well but she'd kick all of our asses! (J/K she's always invited :) )

She just picked up a helmet, jersey, shorts, and camelback. I just need to grab her some gloves and she should be ready to roll.

How many of you ride at night? I just started getting back into it because of the time change and it's a hoot and a half (as long as you've got a really good light). I see so many bobcats, coyotes, deer, etc at UCSC and Wilder Ranch at night. Dem woods is kinda spooky in the dark though...especially when it's really foggy and you run across someone on the trail in a full beard and ratty clothes who looks like they're gonna attack you. :wtf

So how about a group night ride sometime? :teeth

I've done it, but my light doesn't have the best run time and I only have one. Since the only legal night riding close to me is on East Bay fireroads, I generally just take the roadbike out if I want to spin after dark.

I did the full loop at China Camp a few times in the dark, but that was a $200 fine waiting to happen.

sounds good to me. I wanna get her out there a few times so she can upgrade to the clip ons shoes or whatever those are called (i know I'm a squid) I'd say Mike should bring Lisa as well but she'd kick all of our asses! (J/K she's always invited :) )

She just picked up a helmet, jersey, shorts, and camelback. I just need to grab her some gloves and she should be ready to roll.

I'm behind the curve here a bit, I'm just getting started with the build, and the frame isn't even here yet. I'll go get her geared up in the meantime. I figure two to three weeks before we're ready to hit the road.

No prob, its cold out and rainy, I doubt she'll be that much above the curve when you and your lady are ready. I'm definetly down though

SC this Saturday...

Weathers looking good for the weekend, so I'm up for another trip to Santa Cruz this Saturday. I've got a few other buddies going. And I already told Pakow. Ducky... MrCrash... you guys in? Anyone else interested? Let me know and we'll coordinate. L8r :cool

fine waiting to happen
My favorite part of night riding is that I can ride all the illegal trails that would get me a fine in a heartbeat during the day due to hikers/equestrians. I need to do some more exploring in Nisene Marks buts its always a bit un-nerving to ride a trail for the first time in the dark especially when I don't know my way around. And the Demo at night was just plain frightening, I had to really slow it down compared to my daytime speeds. Even with a $600 HID light, my balance is a little off since I can't use my peripheral vision as well at night.

Weathers looking good for the weekend, so I'm up for another trip to Santa Cruz this Saturday. I've got a few other buddies going. And I already told Pakow. Ducky... MrCrash... you guys in? Anyone else interested? Let me know and we'll coordinate. L8r :cool

Have plans with the girlfriend this Saturday - wish I could make it! Jeff Tigert is talking about bringing his DH bike with him when he's back in town for Christmas - if it's possible, we should try and make something happen!

Have plans with the girlfriend this Saturday - wish I could make it! Jeff Tigert is talking about bringing his DH bike with him when he's back in town for Christmas - if it's possible, we should try and make something happen!

i think "HELL YES" pretty much sums it up.

Back