• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Thanks John - I'll keep my eye on those!

I've actually been checking "Lefty Wheelset" every day on eBay. As much as I don't care about bling on my motorcycles, I'm somehow all about bling on my bicycles ;)

+1 and I crash it more, well it's more BLue than BLing really.

^I still think you need more blue:twofinger

I'm really starting to like JMP:)

Have you put together a "regular" loop there yet? What's your favorite trail?

I can swing by in a couple of evenings to drop those parts off at your place after work. I'll touch bases with ya in a bit...

Have you put together a "regular" loop there yet? What's your favorite trail?

I can swing by in a couple of evenings to drop those parts off at your place after work. I'll touch bases with ya in a bit...

We've been doing the Sequoia/Cinderella/Sunset and Sunset/Sequioia/Big Trees loops.

I like Big Trees! and I'm getting the hang of Cinderella:) Fun trail when its a bit more dry-- especially on some of those steps:laughing

I also like that short Palos Colorados trail:D

What's your regular loop at Miller?

That'd be great!

Last edited:
Starting at the Sequoia Bayview trailhead:

1st run: Big Trees > Sequoia Bayview > Cinderella > Sunset (back to trailhead)
2nd run: Sequoia Bayview > Chapparal >
3rd run: Sinawik Trail (out) > Sinawik Loop (back) > Sunset (back to trailhead)

It's a fun little park - I still have to scout out Redwood for this weekend!

Starting at the Sequoia Bayview trailhead:

1st run: Big Trees > Sequoia Bayview > Cinderella > Sunset (back to trailhead)
2nd run: Sequoia Bayview > Chapparal >
3rd run: Sinawik Trail (out) > Sinawik Loop (back) > Sunset (back to trailhead)

It's a fun little park - I still have to scout out Redwood for this weekend!

Nice loop!

I can ride around Miller for hours:)

When were you thinking of going to Redwood?

Last edited:
Thanks John - I'll keep my eye on those!

I've actually been checking "Lefty Wheelset" every day on eBay. As much as I don't care about bling on my motorcycles, I'm somehow all about bling on my bicycles ;)

Tracy's budget build is turning into a blinged out show bike..... can you say XTR cranks? :cry

so far:
2004 GT i-drive 1.0
FSA Carbon bar and seatpost
Easton Vice stem
FSA Headset or MTB headset, not sure which to put on yet
XTR M960 crankset 22/32/44 with integrated 103 mm BB
XTR M960 Ti 9 spd cassette 11-34
XTR M971 long arm rear derrailleur
XTR M971 front derrailleur
XTR Chain
Specialized BG seat
forte terramax wheelset
Rock Shox Psylo SL front fork
Shimano M424 pedals
SRAM X.0 grip shifters 9-speed
Avid BB5 106 mm brakes
Avid Speed Dial 7 levers
Fox Float R or Rock Shox MC3.R rear shock

Giro Xen Helmet
Diadora Gecko shoes

She never reads BARF so I'm not worried about her finding out through here, but she doesn't know how much I'm spending on her, she hates wasting money, so please :shhh for those of you who are going to be seeing her ;)

Well looks like I'm going to hold off to get a new bicycle until after my ninjette gets delivered... hopefully before may I'll have a nice DS bike and a truck and can come MTB with y'all :thumbup

The frame was gorgeous, so I could not fathom putting crap on it, so it started budget but went bling. She's worth it anyway, and as soon as she starts showing, It'll be my second bike :teeth

Yes, I'm gonna be a daddy :bday

The frame was gorgeous, so I could not fathom putting crap on it, so it started budget but went bling. She's worth it anyway, and as soon as she starts showing, It'll be my second bike :teeth

Yes, I'm gonna be a daddy :bday
Congrats/Good luck on the daddy thing :thumbup

However, way to nice a build for either a noob or a back -up bike.
Sure I'll get crap for saying that as I definitely spend too much on nice parts myself, but hey, at least I can recognize when someone else is doing it. LOL :laughing :laughing

Back