• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I recall someone reciting some of the lines (you or Greg?) as we were riding up Sequoia Bayview yesterday...:laughing

Someone mentioned the "premature detonation" part and I was :rofl

Are you scared?...ARghhh.arghhh!:laughing:laughing

I recall someone reciting some of the lines (you or Greg?) as we were riding up Sequoia Bayview yesterday...:laughing

Someone mentioned the "premature detonation" part and I was :rofl

Are you scared?...ARghhh.arghhh!:laughing:laughing

No, how 'bout now ARghhh.arghhh!

No, ... God Damnit! Oh, I mean Allah Damnit!! :laughing :laughing :rofl

Mikey, for you and Roxy. This guy has a ton of canondale stuff for sale cheap, snipe away ;)

Thanks John :) I'm wondering if Roxy is eyeballing that 140mm Lefty fork after her test ride on my bike - it's a whole new level of plushness!

Mike, what is your recommended route at Annadel? (20 miler)

My 20 mile route hits most of the best descents in the park (Lawndale / South Burma / North Burma), and avoids the areas with the most hikers (Cobblestone). Some long, difficult climbs there with a loose, rocky surface - bring your legs!

- Channel Trail
- Two Quarry
- Lawndale
- Schultz
- Ridge
- Marsh
- South Burma
- North Burma

I'll probably give the trails some time to dry off after this week, since cleaning my bike after a muddy ride is a bit of a hassle. When I would just ride through it, I'd have to recable my derailleurs every 2-3 rides - with all the gunk that made its way in the cable housing, it would never really shift correctly after a messy ride.

The dirt at many trails in the east bay hills turns to clay when its wet - it sticks to tires bad enough that the trails are pretty much unrideable. Might be time to take out the road bike!

Thanks Bap!:)

Thanks John :) I'm wondering if Roxy is eyeballing that 140mm Lefty fork after her test ride on my bike - it's a whole new level of plushness!

Your Jekyll felt niiiiice! I wanted to take it for a run down Cinderella:teeth

Hmm....I'll wait a little bit before upgarding my fork.

My 20 mile route hits most of the best descents in the park (Lawndale / South Burma / North Burma), and avoids the areas with the most hikers (Cobblestone). Some long, difficult climbs there with a loose, rocky surface - bring your legs!

- Channel Trail
- Two Quarry
- Lawndale
- Schultz
- Ridge
- Marsh
- South Burma
- North Burma

I'll probably give the trails some time to dry off after this week, since cleaning my bike after a muddy ride is a bit of a hassle. When I would just ride through it, I'd have to recable my derailleurs every 2-3 rides - with all the gunk that made its way in the cable housing, it would never really shift correctly after a messy ride.

The dirt at many trails in the east bay hills turns to clay when its wet - it sticks to tires bad enough that the trails are pretty much unrideable. Might be time to take out the road bike!

Thanks Mike!

I've hit the trails the day after it rained....I was sliding quite a bit!:laughing

I've hit the trails the day after it rained....I was sliding quite a bit!:laughing

I've tried both Chabot and Wildcat the day after it rained. My tires picked up so much mud and clay, I couldn't even roll downhill!

Been 3 days since I took the mtn bike out....I'm going through withdrawals here:|

:laughing

Been 3 days since I took the mtn bike out....I'm going through withdrawals here:|

:laughing

Time to plan out the next ride - I've got a couple of ideas :)

If Rick T posts another Rockville ride, that could be the ticket. It's supposed to be pretty rideable when it's wet out.

I'm ready to ride Sunday Afternoon (teaching in the am) or Monday morning. Let me know if anyone is putting anything together.

Took ~20 runs at burrito hill, it won.
Cinderella finished me off, off trail into a wood pile, I won a swollen ankle.
pic of better times

Attachments

• bettycinderella 002.jpg
    bettycinderella 002.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 62
I'm ready to ride Sunday Afternoon (teaching in the am) or Monday morning. Let me know if anyone is putting anything together.

Forecast says rain later today, showers tomorrow, and clearing skies the rest of the week, it might not be too bad by the weekend in places with a rocky base. If Rick T posts another Rockville ride, that could be the way to go - that place drains fast and dries well. I wouldn't want to go up there without a guide tho, as the trail network is pretty confusing.

A guy posted a list of places on mtbr that are supposed to be more ridable than others when it's wet:

* Sierra Azul (Los Gatos, Kennedy area) Fire Roads
* Henry Coe (East of Gilroy) Fire Roads only in rain, scattered Singletrack when dry
* Demo AKA Soquel Demonstration Forest (Santa Cruz/San Jose) Does OK I hear, but better to wait a couple days after rain
* Angwin & Boggs & Oak Hill (40 min north of Napa) Singletrack
* Red Hills (Central Valley, Sierra Foothills, 20 min east of Oakdale) Singletrack
* Rockville (Napa) Singletrack
* Annadel (Santa Rosa) Mostly Singletrack, some Fire Road (Wins my award so far as most fun)
* China Camp (San Rafael) Singletrack
* Fort Ord (Monterey) Fire Road and Singletrack mix
* Tamarancho (Marin) Singletrack
* Wilder (Santa Cruz) Some reports say too muddy??

Took ~20 runs at burrito hill, it won.
Cinderella finished me off, off trail into a wood pile, I won a swollen ankle.
pic of better times

Ouch - hope ya feel better soon!

Everett and I now have a bet going. He said it didn't look that steep in the video, and thought he could clean it. I put a burrito on the line, and told him I'd give him four chances to pull it off :)

Wish I could have gotten footage of Joe trying to clean it. Was that just the craziest display of pedal mashing you ever saw, or what?

Forecast says rain later today, showers tomorrow, and clearing skies the rest of the week, it might not be too bad by the weekend in places with a rocky base. If Rick T posts another Rockville ride, that could be the way to go - that place drains fast and dries well. I wouldn't want to go up there without a guide tho, as the trail network is pretty confusing.

A guy posted a list of places on mtbr that are supposed to be more ridable than others when it's wet:

* Sierra Azul (Los Gatos, Kennedy area) Fire Roads
* Henry Coe (East of Gilroy) Fire Roads only in rain, scattered Singletrack when dry
* Demo AKA Soquel Demonstration Forest (Santa Cruz/San Jose) Does OK I hear, but better to wait a couple days after rain
* Angwin & Boggs & Oak Hill (40 min north of Napa) Singletrack
* Red Hills (Central Valley, Sierra Foothills, 20 min east of Oakdale) Singletrack
* Rockville (Napa) Singletrack
* Annadel (Santa Rosa) Mostly Singletrack, some Fire Road (Wins my award so far as most fun)
* China Camp (San Rafael) Singletrack
* Fort Ord (Monterey) Fire Road and Singletrack mix
* Tamarancho (Marin) Singletrack
* Wilder (Santa Cruz) Some reports say too muddy??

So China Camp Sunday afternoon or Monday morning?

Back