• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Did the West/East ridge loop today....it was totally rideable!

I'd be up for China camp on Sunday....the longer loop that is:)

or Annadel:teeth

Last edited:
Wish I could have gotten footage of Joe trying to clean it. Was that just the craziest display of pedal mashing you ever saw, or what?

Yes... I'm surprised he was able to balance, every stroke sent that bike sideways, but he did 90% of it.

I'm down to ride Los Gatos Trail this weekend. I doubt it would be too gnarly by Sunday, unless the rain really keeps up..

A guy posted a list of places on mtbr that are supposed to be more ridable than others when it's wet:

* Annadel (Santa Rosa) Mostly Singletrack, some Fire Road (Wins my award so far as most fun)

I've read the opposite....that Annadel pretty much sucks after the first rain that its not ridable until spring

Redwood was the freakin bomb today! Trails were schmoove, and practically empty to boot.

I put in three laps of the West Ridge/Canyon/East Ridge loop, and I only puked once. Yay!

1st Lap: 42 min :green
2nd Lap: 44 min
3rd Lap: 43 min

The new goal is to do three consecutive sub-40 min laps. Anyone else up for some serious pain? :ride

Redwood was the freakin bomb today! Trails were schmoove, and practically empty to boot.

I put in three laps of the West Ridge/Canyon/East Ridge loop, and I only puked once. Yay!

The new goal is to do three consecutive sub-40 min laps. Anyone else up for some serious pain? :ride

I agree, that trail is awesome even after some decent rain.

Damn you:mad! I was wondering what kind of times you were running out there --- despite my having a 15-20 minute head start, you finished 5 minutes after I did:wtf

I'm up for some serious pain....but not the sub-40 laps you're talking about:green I'd puke after the first lap.

One loop is really easy for me now. I'm gonna start doing 2, starting this afternoon..

Ya gotta timea loop at Tamarancho, just for kicks! I did a 57:59 with one fall, while Joe got into the 54s. World class guys are supposedly in the 37s.

I'll give Redwood a shot - you'll be waiting a while for me though if we're out there at the same time!

Lotsa rain last night. If you guys make it out there today, post conditions please.

I've read the opposite....that Annadel pretty much sucks after the first rain that its not ridable until spring

In my experience, the rockier sections (Cobblestone) hold up well, while Lake and Ridge are both a bit messy. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I want to give it a go this weekend.

The forecast seems to be a little more clear than the original projection - I'm thinking my original plan for the 30 miler @ Auburn just might happen!

Dude, do you have a job? :confused

:)

I agree, that trail is awesome even after some decent rain.

Damn you:mad! I was wondering what kind of times you were running out there --- despite my having a 15-20 minute head start, you finished 5 minutes after I did:wtf

I'm up for some serious pain....but not the sub-40 laps you're talking about:green I'd puke after the first lap.

One loop is really easy for me now. I'm gonna start doing 2, starting this afternoon..

If yer not pukin, yer not tryin! :teeth

Have fun with the loops today, I don't think you'll have any trouble doing 2. The trail should be okay if it stays sunny like this all day, but we got a lot of rain last night, some parts are gonna be soggy and slow. Even yesterday I was fighting a bit for traction on the very top of Canyon.

I'll probably head up there, but my legs are like jello today, I think I'll just putt around in JMP. I'll post conditions when I get back.

From the MTBR forum:

Due to heavy precipitation on 12/18/07, the Southern portion of Big Trees and Upper Palos Colorados Trails in Joaquin Miller Park are now closed to equestrians and bicyclists until drier conditions prevail. Signs have been posted on the affected trails and will be monitored by rangers. Please abide by the laws, which allow for single track riding when the weather is better.

Ya gotta timea loop at Tamarancho, just for kicks! I did a 57:59 with one fall, while Joe got into the 54s. World class guys are supposedly in the 37s.

I'll give Redwood a shot - you'll be waiting a while for me though if we're out there at the same time!

Lets do it! We can do a 1 lap sprint around West/East and then regroup and cruise around JMP - that would make a good ride. Saturday?!

Where do those Tamarancho times go from? The balance beam, or the trail head? About a month ago I chased some guy who looked pretty serious with number plates, team jersey and shiny shaved legs (not the reason I was chasing :|) and I'm sure we did the loop in under 45. But we started and finished at the balance beam, so if you're talking about start/finish @ the trail head, then those #'s are freakin nuts. I'm confident I could do it in < 45, but < 40 seems unreal.

Anyways, all of this is sorta like guys giving lap times because they were "following their buddy who had a lap timer at a track day" and doing 1:50s at T-Hill. Doesn't mean sh!t without a time sheet!

Hopefully I'll have one of those Garmin Gizmos by next week. (If Santa can take a freakin hint, that is...) :teeth

Lets do it! We can do a 1 lap sprint around West/East and then regroup and cruise around JMP - that would make a good ride. Saturday?!

I have some ideas in mind. We'll talk before then :)

Where do those Tamarancho times go from? The balance beam, or the trail head? About a month ago I chased some guy who looked pretty serious with number plates, team jersey and shiny shaved legs (not the reason I was chasing :|) and I'm sure we did the loop in under 45. But we started and finished at the balance beam, so if you're talking about start/finish @ the trail head, then those #'s are freakin nuts. I'm confident I could do it in < 45, but < 40 seems unreal

We time from the trailhead. I'm pretty sure you can do it in < 50.

Hopefully I'll have one of those Garmin Gizmos by next week. (If Santa can take a freakin hint, that is...) :teeth

You could leave the computer on, with this web page on the monitor:

https://www.certifieddigital.com/shopping/ProductDetails.asp?Sku=GARM-FORERUNNER305

:)

Did somebody say China Camp on Sunday?

It's possible - would you be interested in going? I can put together a few route options for riders of different ability levels.

Already got the pain part going.
You continue riding fast, and I'll pound beers in the parking lot, we can meet at the trail head for puke fest. :thumbup

we'll be on the west-east ridge loop today.
Pakow?
Merrick?
Solisplayinghookeyfromwork?
PapaBap?

Back